“Fantastic staff in a little gem in the back streets of Kuta”
Review of Adi Dharma Hotel

Adi Dharma Hotel
Ranked #34 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic staff in a little gem in the back streets of Kuta”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed for ten nights in April, apart from a great upgrade the staff were friendly and helpful, especially a very helpful lady called Dewi, we could not have got better service at a five star hotel, she helped with the booking, met us on arrival and sorted a great room out for us.
This hotel is not the best place I have stayed in, but friendly and helpful staff are in abundance, the hotel was very clean and an average breakfast each morning starts your day, especially the egg corner, great staff to cook your eggs just how you like them. By cutting through the alley ways you can be at the beach in 10 minutes, there are lots of places to eat and drink, and it is about 20 minutes walk to Kuta square, but if you want to relax you can lounge around the pool area and not even know you are in the heart of Kuta. For what you pay to stay here it is great value. When we left the staff were there to say goodbye and Dewi waved us off wishing us a safe trip home. I would recommend the Adi Dharma hotel to people on a budget, family's singles, and seniors were all there, so go for it.
Lorna

Room Tip: I think to have a room on the first floor is the way to go, too much people traffic on the ground fl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lorna1945

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Phyllis and Robert took Kim and Bella for there first time to Bali we stayed at Adi Dharma Hotel we could not ask for anything more the rooms were great,clean every morning, food in restaurant was good and the staff was excellent and the walk up the lane was not that long to walk and the short cut thru the cottages got you to the main legain street,
Our rooms were interconnecting which was great and near the restaurant and near the pool we had a great 11 nights and would recommend this to anyone and we would come back again the Front office staff were very helpful and also the cleaning staff and catering staff.
As our granddaughter has nut allergies but Bella had plenty too choose from.

Thanks Adi Dharma From Robert, Phyllis,Kim and Bella

Room Tip: All rooms looks great depend near pool or in garden
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Bobthecook62
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Adi Dharma on a budget and managed to get an upgrade to super deluxe room for our money. The room was clean. On a previous trip to bali we had to clean our hotel room and scrub the bathroom, NOT SO in this hotel. The food was great and I would recommend the chicken satay delicious! We took part in the all you could eat deliciousness that was satay night thrown in the restaurant by the hotel staff, We ate over 20 satay sticks each! We ate at the restaurant multiple times with not a hint of bali belly in sight. The beds were comfortable and four poster beds with mozzie nets. The hotel was in close proximity to food and retail shops. You do need to walk down the alley way to access the hotel but this is wide and lit well at night. The hotel had a free shuttle for surrounding areas which was great. The pool and pool bar were clean and well run. The staff were friendly and accommodating. My only complaint would be with some of the spa treatments. I had a fantastic series of massages there which were fabulous. But the treatment package I had was a little off. Think what felt like dirt in my treatment bath.

Room Tip: get the upgrades, not too much extra and worth it for large rooms with extra space
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tiff A
Cranbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

In a great location quiet but still close to the busy shops and nightlife . Staff are only to happy to accommodate every thing we asked for .hotel is suitable for all age groups and everyone I spoke to was happy staying there .good value for money have booked already to stay next year at the hotel ! Can't wait !!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Parjeff
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I enjoyed my second experience at this really nice hotel and have booked again for June this year.
My sister and her husband joined me in February this year and we had a great time. Easy walk to Legian Street and Malasti Street. Love the pool, and all the staff are polite and will do anything for you straight away.
Intend going back February next year.
Helen Turton

Room Tip: Ground Floor works for me as I am an older person and don't like stairs, however I was upstairs...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 499HelenT
Burrum, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

So we Stayed there at Adi Dharma Hotel Kuta from 18th till 25th March. We were in Room 122 and all seemed ok Till 3rd morning we posted a few Photos from Micro 32 gig card on facebook Took out of tablet and back into Adaptor Ready to put in camera for another day of Photos Rding motor bike filming. So left room for half hour rode up the Road 5 mins to put Washing in as HOTEL WAY OVER PRICED AS MY FRIENDS FOUND OUT....Came back and cleaners had just finished our room. hubby went to get adaptor to put in camera to go out and hubby said it was not next to camera Where he had left it...Went out to cleaning staff and asked if they had seen it in room they said No and kept cleaning next room. I was not happy with that and said let me check your Rubbish, so grabbed their Bag tipped it all out of floor and found My Little adaptor In bottom of Rubbish in a box WITHOUT my 32 gig micro Sd card in it...Hubby came out saying How the hell did it get into Rubbish...They Not know Looked again for Micro sd card. No where to be Found Was so upset As all photos and Videos So far and my Daughters 9th birthday from day before we left to come to Bali was on it...I was so upset and was screaming at the girls please if you have it give it back. One of the Young girls would not Even look at me. I went to reception In TEARS demanding The Manager who was hopeless And after Explaining to him what had happened he told me I must of thrown it away and if My item was That important I should of locked it in the safe. I Said NO I should be able to leave my room and know Your Staff is Not going to touch my Stuff...Anyways it Got ugly Manager Wanted to take us to police because we called hima few Choice words because all he Kept saying was i should of locked item in the Safe...WELL I did Not Spend ONE CENT in the hotel They did not Enter my Room as DO NOT DISTURB Was on my Door 24/7 I will Never Stay at Adi Darhma in kuta EVER Again and if you have to MAKE Sure you lock Everything in your SAFE...Otherwise we had a ball rode motorbikes Swam Relaxed and ate and Drank Beer...Ps Also there was No joke POO Floating in the pool cleared everyone out Real quick...

Room Tip: Stay Away from here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Deb V
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

As one of the attendants in the pool side bar said "Why stay somewhere that is like your home?". He is correct. While Adi Dharma is our home away from home, it is quintessentially 'BALI' and that is why we continue to return there.

The staff are ever so helpful, the breakfasts are always good (the egg station cooks will do them whichever way you want...me the vegetable omelette with some chilli was a great kick start to the day).

This trip we received a great surprise on arrival...new beds (very comfy) and new TV's.

If you are looking for a beachside mega dollar resort...the Adi Dharma is not for you...if you are looking for a Balinese experience (we spent most of our time wandering the back lanes) with ever helpful staff then the Adi Dharma is for you.

Scratch the surface and you will find a heart of gold...

We will be back real soon!

Peter and Anne