“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

A group of us girls came over at the end of Febuary for my Hens Week and stayed here because a few of the girls had already stayed and highly recommended it. We were greeted on arrival by friendly staff who showed us to our very clean and tidy rooms, as I said there was a small group of us and ALL our rooms were great. We were rite across from where they were building but not once did they wake us and every time we passed by they were friendly and polite.
The girls in the day spa are FANTASTIC and remembered the other girls we were travelling with from there last stay. We always left the day spa so very relaxed and rested.
The pool and swim up bar became our afternoon ritual arak punch by the pool was a great way to relax after a busy day shopping.
I highly recommend this hotel and will actually be back next week for my honeymoon staying in a deluxe room this time and cant wait!!!!!
If you are after a hotel that is clean and tidy where the staff are friendly and more than helpfull, away from the hussle and bussle but yet still so close then this hotel is AMAZING and I guarantee after your first stay you will be back again and again!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DEEo8o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bulli, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed at Adi Dharma Hotel from 26th July to 9th August 2012 and I highly recommend. I travelled with husband, 13 year old son and 18 year old son. 18 year old son had own room. Both rooms (Deluxe and Super Deluxe) were roomy, cleaned daily (including fresh white towels) and just like the pictures. The beds were 4 posters with mosquito netting, not that we used the netting as there were never any mosquitoes in room. Air conditioners were quite and working fine, keeping the rooms nice and cool. Each room had a lock up safe and the bathrooms were nice and clean (nothing like the bad pictures). Both of our rooms were in the back of the hotel, I think only the standard rooms were near the construction - we never heard any disruption from construction site. My advise is to spend the extra couple of dollars and upgrade to either deluxe or super deluxe (you wont be sorry). I have already recommended this hotel to others and I plan on staying again when I return. The hotel is located down a laneway so it is nice and quite, a short walk and you are at Poppies 2, and short cut through the cottages to main street. It suited all of us as shopping was close, restaurants were close and night clubs were close for my 18 year old son. The pool is open to 11pm (pool bar shuts at 7pm), staff were all extremely friendly and breakfast is great with egg corner, cereal, toast and various other dishes - changing each day. I was worried prior to travel as I had read all the bad reviews on this site however dont believe them, my stay was excellent however as stated do not go for the cheapest room - although it is only a few dollars more the difference is huge. Thanks Adi Dharma, we will be back.

Room Tip: Choose only Deluxe or Super Deluxe at back of Hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Georgene M
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just read a couple of turkeys report on this hotel around the 10 days we stayed were there in the beginning of July. I think I can visulise the people with their long bus driver socks. We all know the type, if only they could enjoy their holiday.
The hotel was recomended to us and we have no hesitation in recomending it. We had a couple of rooms and had a great stay. The rooms were cleaned every day with clean sheets. It was clean by Australian standards.

The construction site next door never started before 10.00am and the workers were very friendly and considerate. Our rooms were on the 1st floor right next to the site. We have teenage girls and not once was anything inappropriate said. I could only hope that Australian building sites could be as accomodating. The Staff could not do enough for us. The meals were very good for Bali and the location is quiet but also right in amongst it.

We will definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank doit a
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our 4th stay at this wonderful hotel and now it feels like our 2nd home. It was our third time in the same room which is comfortably located away from the pool and it was lovely and cool on the verandah as it did not get the sun.

Yes the mosquito fogging occurs each Monday and Thursday mornings at around 6am and there is a notice on the desk in each room advising guests.

As usual the staff were wonderful and most of them know us by now. Many of them have been there for years which is always a good indication of the quality of the hotel but as usual I noticed many guests just walking past the staff and not bothering to even acknowledge them. It is such an easy thing to smile and say hello and if you do you will be rewarded with a lovely smile and greeting in return.

We love the location as it is so close to Legian Street but you leave all the hustle and bustle behind when you walk down the little lane and into the hotel. Yes it is a bit of a walk to the beach from the hotel however the shuttle bus leaves several times a day and drops you at the corner of Kuta Square ( 2 minutes walk to beach) which could be an option for those who have complained about the long walk to the beach.

We have never had a problem with air con or cleaning and breakfast is great with the egg corner and lots of variety.

Although we were a little removed from the construction site next door we rarely heard any building noise before 8am and besides all the verandahs face either the pool or garden not the construction site.

We have already booked for next year at around the same time as the weather was so lovely and we are treated so well. As they say "when you are onto a good thing...stick to it "

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are a little less noisy
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JIL_9
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at Adi Dharma Hotel in July 2010 with our 2 kids aged nearly 2yrs and 3 years. The hotel was in a good location only a few minuets walk to Jl Legian. Rooms were good and the bathroom had been recently renovated. The hotel grounds were kept immaculate and fogged every few days during our stay. Breakfast was great and we attended a themed night with music and dancing. There is a Circle K on the corner which has an atm inside. The swim up Pool Bar is great and they make amazing cocktails.Staff were wonderful and we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights from 28 July to 31 July. I have requested for a room on the 2nd floor and away from the construction that many here have complained about, so I didn't have any problems with being woken up by construction. However, woke up to smell and noise of their fogging at 6am on my 2nd night and it kind of irritated me. Not much problems with mosquitoes. Pressure from the shower head is rather small, making my shower a very troublesome affair. Location wise, I wouldn't say it is good, it's quite a long walk to the beach, and its quite hard to locate. Not worth the price, no complaints about the hotel, but I wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vodkalime
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

These hotels, the Adi Dharma Cottages and Hotel are exactly as the reviews tell you. All is tue.

We didn't believe that there would be any problems with the rooms, but yes indeed. First they said that we couldn't get a room in the "cottages" part, but when we insisted, they took us up to the third floor to a tiny room without windows and three beds crammed in, and where the balcony was locked with chains (!) ("You can't go out there"). Then they got their idea of moving us to the hotel part through to us, and we were shuttled over to a room on the first floor that was quite ok, unless they hadn't moved us to a third room on the second floor some 30 minutes later: "Sorry, sorry, this room is already taken". Taken?

The room looks nothing like any of the pictures on the website. The furniture is quite new, but the building and the rooms are worn down. The sheets are too small for the queen beds, so you end up sleeping part on the mattress, the AC in our room is extremely noisy, lots of insects in the bathroom, and yes, it stinks terribly in there in the mornings, just as another review said.

The complimentary breakfast has fruit, cereals, omelets, pancakes, toast, jam and some hot choices like rice, spring rolls and such. The first day I reached for a saucer for my coffee cup, and got something sticky on my fingers. When I lifted it up, the next saucer was completely covered by something brown and disgusting. I washed my hands but this kind of put me off breakfast.

The other reviews say that the staff is so lovely. Well, we are on Bali, aren't we? One of the friendliest places on earth. By European standards the staff here is nice, but compared to the other hotels we have lived in on this island, not so much. quite rude in comparison. But that may be due to them not being able to express themselves in English.

We had pre-paid our visit at Adi Dharma for four more days, but we left early and returned to another hotel, cleaner, nicer, friendlier. Eventhough we lost a great deal of money, it was worth it. We really didn't want to end our Bali holiday at this hotel.

And by the way, don't be fooled by the name. Adi Dharma Cottages is just a narrower version of the hotel. There is nothing like cottages there.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lagrammaire
Rohita A, General Manager at Adi Dharma Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Lagrammaire

Thank you for your time to leave us such a detail story regarding your experience staying with us. I do apologize that our product and service did not meet your expectations.
Perhaps just a little information for you, we did not lock our balcony with chains. It is actually a balinese style of door knob (look like two big rings), and we use a padlock to lock it. All of our balconies are accessible to the guest.

Regarding your room allocation, I am truly sorry about the miscommunication when we were actually want to show you the room. I am sure that this has created a truly disappointment for you, therefore I am really sorry about it.

I personally have conduct a meeting with the head department to discuss about this issue. Please rest assured that this will not happen again if you are willing to stay with us again. Once again, thank you very much for leaving us this comment and we hope to see you again in your next holiday.

Rohita Apui