“Nice hotel, need to improve hotel WiFi.”
Review of Satriya Cottages

Satriya Cottages
Ranked #21 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Satriya Cottages with my wife for 5 nights during the last week of April 2012. The room was comfortable, AC was great. The pool was fantastic and the staff was friendly.

My complain was the WiFi internet was so poor. I noticed that a number of guest werecomplaining of the same thing during our stay. WiFi cannot even handle basic email and web browsing functions. Difficult to make trip planning and to keep in touch with family and friends.

I also was not too happy about the hotels drivers. I booked one named "Gus" and he took us to a very expensive restaurant for lunch on our first day. Pre book all your activities before you go and don't use the hotel's tourist services.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank pulutan

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights. Location is good. The room is spacious and has private balcony. Toilet can be improve, not the condition one will expect from supposedly good hotel. Dusty floor and saw twice cockroach running in front of me ! Breakfast was substandard, outside eatery can provide better. Its proven, you get what you paid.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mayshalws
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Very basic hotel, however in the heart of it all. Only 200 meters from the beach and poppies lane right at the door step. Rooms are very basic, bathroom needs alot of TLC. Pool and grounds area ok. breakfast terrible.
We were only here for 2 nights so was ok for this time period as we were never in our rooms. However much better hotels around for the same price - if in bali again for longer I would choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: get a room near the pool
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becky-Lee8
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here in march 2012.
Payed 600irp for a standard double. Only because of last minute everything was full and we booked this over the phone... If we had of seen the bathroom or experienced the staff before hand theres no way we woul stay for that price. The guy who carried the bags across the well maintained yard was very friendly and so was the guy who came to change a light globe on arrival. But the guy working the pool bar was blatantly uninterested and had a bad attitude. Girl at reception not interested. Housekeeping had to be told a number of times to go away after waking us up early. This hotel could really be something with some restaffing and bathroom renovations to the standard rooms. But at this stage it's way over priced.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank TroyBoyPerth76
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed at Satriya in Oct '11 with my family of six. I have four boys ranging from 11-23 and they all found something to keep them amused. This was my kids first overseas holiday and my older kids went 'out' the night we arrived, as the nightclubs were only around the corner. The beach is a short walk away down a laneway..of course you have to get past the stall owners, but after a few times they recognise you and leave you alone. I found breakfast very adequate with choices of juice, fruit, cereal, yoghurt, pastries and hot food, like sausages, rice eggs. The pool was terrific and not very busy on our visit. We had a deluxe room with a very big bed,two boys had a mattress on the floor but they were very comfortable, and an outdoor bathroom, that was special, just needed to be kept closed at night as the mozzies would find their way in. My family felt very safe here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Have to say that Satriya Cottages was a great little spot to be at. Had a ball at this place. The hotel staff were always accommodating with every request. Have to say the only thing that I didn't like was when I paid for my accommodation. They gave me a really crappy exchange rate which was like 9100 rupiah for 1 dollar AUD...when I easily could of converted it for 9800 on the street. Oh well but you live and you learn. Just make sure you get your money converted on the street before you pay for your rooms as you'll get your bang for your buck that way. The difference for example could be used to tip the cleaners per day instead of lining the owners pockets.

I think this place was great because it was very central overall. It has a pool bar / restaurant / nearby shopping options / nearby clubbing destinations (down poppies which is a 5 minute walk)/eateries/food courts and many other options. Please note ladies that you shouldn't bring your heels as I think as the roads in Poppies II / Bali in general are a minefield of potholes....so plenty of potential for possible injuries. I recommend flats thats for sure :)

I think it is decent value $66 a night AUD (in Melbourne you'll be lucky to find a place for nearly double that in a beachside location). Funnily enough there is a lot of other options down the road that I will be going to in future but I don't know their names where they are at, but they range at about the $40+ p/night variety.

This place I massively recommend for families. I saw many couples with newborns in the pool and also saw many couples on their own. I was there at a quiet time in March when the silly season ended so if your in a couple situation/family vacation...then this is the time to go. I think this place would be trounced by yobbos during the xmas period so I'd avoid it then if you were to come then. For couples I'd recommend Legian/Seminyak which were both really nice. For party goers this would be ideal thats for sure, as it doesn't matter what time of the year your here :)

Leave a 20000 (about 2$ AUD) baht tip for the cleaners per day at a designated spot (where they put the complimentary water). They do a good job and this for them goes far. Another tip is to give a tip for any good service on the spot in general as this is what they live on mostly.

Recommend: People on the street/vendors trying to sell you stuff....try to have a laugh with them as this can go far for a more fun filled trip. I met great people this way. Don't take it personal if they try to onsell things to you. Just a friendly sorry no thank you and tell them that your not looking for clothing etc for example with a smile. Remember they are trying to make a living for their families too.

Room Tip: Get your money exchanged on the street before you pay for your rooms as you'll save a bit just f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Bernard Š
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed at Satriya Cottages from 27th March for 3 nights. We stayed in a Deluxe room and other family members stayed in Standard rooms.
Deluxe room was clean and fresh,bathroom area fantaastic and large.
We requested a single bed for our daughter, and was provided a total price, At check out they requested an additional $60 for the mattress on the floor. The original price quoted I was advised was for our 11 year old daughter if she shared our bed, This was a little vague at the time of my booking .
Pool was fantastic and swim up bar was enjoyed by all.
very convienient location within walking distance to all shop, waterbom park and the beach, and is an oasis from the hustle and bustle of kuta.

Room Tip: Because of the convienient loction there tends to often be drunk guys who hang around by the poo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family