“again beautiful”
Review of Satriya Cottages

Satriya Cottages
Ranked #22 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed April 20, 2011

stayed again in the deluxe room beautiful. loved the different towel arrangement the cleaners did each day sooo clever. they have been doing up the restaurant. new chairs and things looks really nice. the meals in the restaurant are really nice and great price. the only thing breakfast is a bit boring and predictable but who cares really. they said they were about 90% full but didn't really see a huge crowd. rained most of the time we were there but still was great. would def stay again.

Room Tip: ask for the deluxe. worth it
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Stayed in a superior room for 3 nights with my wife and infant. Staff had already prepared the baby cot for us when we checked in so I was quietly impressed. Room was large but some furniture slightly worn. As what other reviewers had mentioned in earlier post, the bathroom does need some renovation. It looks like the bathroom is quite old but thankfully the shower in my room was good (pressure and temperature) and the housekeeping team kept the room quite clean. Hassle free check in/check out and housekeeping/front staff attended to our request promptly even after 11pm.
Satriya is located about 100m from kuta beach and probably 300m or more from Jln Legian. Seems like every taxi we got on know this place well so no problems if you get lost.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EastMeetWest2
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We arrived on April 2 and check in to a superior room which costs USD60. Check in was no problem at all. The entrance is beautiful and welcoming. The receptionist was friendly and kind. We also got mango juice as a welcome drink. The hotel is beautifully crafted (like all other buildings in Bali) with stone carving, sculptures and landscape. The place was surrounded with greens and flowers and sculptures. Very nice ambience. A hotel employee took us to our our room facing the pool and explained the facilities to us. We have a verandah outside the room. The room is spacious and clean. The bed was a king size. We got complimentary bottled water and the towels were folded in shapes of swan on the bed. So beautiful. There's no coffee/tea making facility in the room tho. The TV is equipped with almost 40 channels!!! Unfortunately, the bathroom isn't that good. The basin leaks, the bath tub gets clogged and water won't go down and the bathroom door is old and rusty, the shower was also leaking. Improve on the bathroom please. The pool is clean with a built in bar. They have a small gazebo with pillows where we hang out on one rainy morning. Breakfast was ok with the usual breakfast food (cereal, salad, sausages, baked beans, potato, eggs, juices, coffee, tea). I absolutely love the baked beans!!! The employees are very friendly and honest as well. One morning at breakfast, I left my camera on the table and the guy who cleared our table called out to us to return our camera. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay with Satriya Cottages.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yen23
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Arrived very late in the evening, and the front desk was already expecting us. The front desk guy- whose name starts with the letter S (sorry memory gap), is helpful and accommodating. Gave us tips and arranged for a private day tour in the island.

Our room was a double room with an extra bed. I find the towel arrangement cute, (first day was a swan, the second day was a dog), but when we checked the bathroom, it smelled a little off, the bath tub has rusts, tiles had molds and the shower head is loose. There is only one electric outlet, definitely not enough as the three of us would want to charge our cellphones, ipad and cameras. So we had to request for an extension outlet. Wifi connection is good only in the morning,. We can't access internet between 5pm onwards. My friend also got bitten by mosquitoes on our first night.

The good thing about Satriya - there's the authentic Balinese feel. Their exterior and swimming pool area make you feel you're really in Bali. Breakfast is good, really good, well, as an Asian, we expect heavy breakfast. And there's variety every day.

Service is ok. The staff are all friendly in service oriented.

Despite the bathroom issue and the mosquito bites, I would say I am sastisfied with my stay there. Well, for the price of $65.00 a night, I would say it is indeed a bargain.

I just hope they'd do something about the bathrooms and the mosquitos. =)

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed here with my wife for 4 days in Feb 2011. This was our first trip to Bali so we didn't know what to expect, but this place was a pleasant surprise. The room we had (267) was large, bed was comfortable, decent selection of TV stations, with a nice view of the pool area. The only negative which wasn't a big deal was the shower area. Definitely needs to be redone. Also when the neighboring rooms would use their water, we'd hear a loud sounds from the pipes, like a animal screaming.

The grounds of this place are amazing. The Balinese sculptures, plants, flowers, trees, are really breathtaking. They keep them very clean as well. The pool area was also nice. Large size, ample chairs, and a swim up bar.

The restaurant on-site was also very affordable and the food was good. Beers were cheap and they had nightly entertainment as well. The free breakfast was also decent. We found the staff at the hotel and restaurant to all be very friendly and accommodating. They offer day tours on site for a fair price and provided a driver who was an excellent tour guide, who spoke English well. A tip if you do a tour and visit the Luwak coffee establishments. Certainly try the coffee but don't buy it there. They sell it cheaper at the grocery store down on the main strip. I found this out the hard way.There aren't safes in the rooms, but they provide safety deposit boxes free of charge, with a standard 2 key system to open. In addition they offer on-site massages for a good price. I've had back problems for years, and since I've had my massage, it doesn't hurt anymore.

For the price of US$60 this place is quite a deal, especially with the breakfast. I can't see how staying at the Hardrock for double the price would even make sense. If I make it back to Bali, I would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baltscottie
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Compared to my last trip to Bali, this cottage is very convenient to all the shops in Kuta. It is so near to the beach where if I need a break, I can easily access it. The location is pretty safe as it is in the heart of the shopping area in Kuta, there are many people walking pass the front gate.The building preserved its Balinese artwork and culture which I like very much. The room is located away from the hustle of Kuta and it is always so clean. Toiletries are also replaced on time. The staff are friendly and the breakfast has sufficient variety to suit everyone. What I like is the quietness at the higher storey which helps for good resting. My all time favourite is the swimming pool where there is a bar and one can enjoy a drink or two with friends while swimming.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2011

2nd time staying here and really had a great time, staff were very friendly and the room was always cleaned when we got back from breakfast. Only downfall was breakfast not huge options and rarely have bacon but didnt affect us to much. Beer is cheaper here than some 7-11s. have paid up to 130 per room in more "upmarket hotels" but for 60 odd bucks a night thought this was excellent value and the resturaunt was cheap and great food

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family