“Fantastic resort”

Kuta Puri Bungalows
Ranked #9 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the kuta puri for 2 weeks in a standered room... The room was old but fine.... It was close to the pool for my son.
The staff were lovely and helpful, very friendly and loved to chat , especially the cleaners and gardeners.
The breakfasts were probably the only let down for me... Mind you 2 weeks in the same place any thing gets boring.... But they could be improved slightly...
Pools were very clean, always a lounger available, room service and pool bar very very good and very fair pricing!!!!
You can hire a DVD player for 35000. Rph a day, they also made birthday cakes soon request and they were soooo good to eat!
I would advise to check any receipts for the pool bar before paying as we had some other rooms acc put in ours so keep an eye on what you book up, they did refund us tho.
The man who dose the wood carving in the grounds is also lovely and not over priced our son enjoyed his company.....
Please remember to appreciate the staff as they are beautiful hard working people who make little money for the hard work they do so please stop and say thankyou or stop for a chat that will make their day... We gave our cleaner all our bits we didn't want to take home... The gardeners would prob be delighted to be offered anything too ( they never expect it tho) we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back again.... P.s use made the hotel driver he was delightful !!!!
We can't recommend him enough!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Indochic
There are newer reviews for Kuta Puri Bungalows

Reviewed August 5, 2014

close to everything in Kuta, the beach just down the road, all the shops out the front, the rooms are clean, plenty of space, close to the lovely pool, amazing you don't here any of the night club noise at night. I will be staying here every time I come to Bali.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've stayed here three times and I like staying here for the ambiance and the location. However, the male reception staff (two that I encountered) are rude and generally do not have any customer service training at all. I must say the female reception staff who handled my check-out was very efficient and courteous.

Let's start with the booking process. I booked via email and everything went smoothly and I received very polite emails. Happy with that. I even emailed a day before arrival and was told that my room would be ready.

Of course, upon arrival, my room which was supposed to have a double bed and an additional bed (I booked a triple room), did not have the additional bed it in. So we had to wait while the porter assembled the bed - with us in the room. He had the cheek to stand around waiting for a tip after he was done. Being annoyed, of cos we weren't about to tip him.

During check in process, the guy who handled my check-in did not even greet us upon arrival and was grumpy during the whole check-in process. We asked if he could help call a taxi for a friend who had joined us for lunch and his response was that he was going off his shift in a hour and couldn't help us. I then asked if I should settle the bill now or upon check-out and he told me to pay now or the day before check-out (I had already prepaid one night's deposit). Later when I went back to find out about settling the bill, the lady (the efficient one) told me that it wasn't necessary and I could pay upon check-out so that they could check the mini-bar etc and settle everything at one-go. Makes me wonder about why I was given two different directions.

Room was fine because I had specifically asked and booked a newly renovated room. No complains at all regarding the room. Breakfast was average. I found that the guy who handled the house-keeping was very efficient, a hard worker and friendly too. Restaurant staff were also helpful and friendly.

So now, on the second last day of my stay, I again approached the reception to ask if I could book an airport transfer. The same irritating and grumpy dude was on-duty. I asked how much it would cost and he said 150k ruppiah. I told him that I usually only pay 60k to 100k ruppiah for a van to the airport for 3 pax. Immediately he said "Oh ok. You pay 100k". Then he called another guy who came out to the reception and this guy asked me what time i wanted to leave etc. After taking down the details he asked me to pay for the transport immediately. I asked him if I could pay for everything upon check-out. He thought for a moment and then said ok. Then he asked me to follow him to see the van. So I did. And there, he whispered to me "can you pay now?". I found this odd and immediately told him that I didn't have any cash on me. He said "ok you come back later". Very weird cos I was of the opinion that hotels would firstly, have a standard rate to the hotel and that the reception guys should not be coming up with their own rates and what was the hurry in asking me to pay immediately?? (PS. While I was dealing with this guy, I heard Mr. Grumpy reception dude speaking very rudely to another guest on the phone.)

On the day of check-out, I went once again to the reception in the morning to check on my transport before heading for breakfast. This time, the nice lady was there, the efficient one. She checked on my transport and I asked if I should pay now. She said nope and said to pay it all together with the bill and she will issue a receipt. This put my mind at ease and later on during check out I made sure that I lined up in her queue so that she would be the one attending to me and not the grumpy guy.

So overall, I like the place but was totally put-off my the male reception staff (both of them). Would I stay here again? It's really hard for me to say right now after this dodgy experience. This is a nice hotel but I really wish they would train their reception staff to be courteous, friendly and actually care about their guests! No matter how nice the hotel is, as long as you have one or two awful reception staff, you're gonna lose customers!

PS. The second time that I stayed here many years ago - they actually forgot my airport transfer although it was written on the board behind the reception (this was before the hotel reception was renovated and they had a whiteboard to note all this stuff down) and they had the cheek to blame me for not informing them. I had to point to the board and show them that it was written there! The first time I stayed here, they forgot to pick us up at the airport. So I guess, it's strike number three now - time to search for another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room away from any water features to avoid mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank SharonDCZ
reservation79, Sale manager at Kuta Puri Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear valued guest .

Thank you very much for sharing your time to write review on this page .
We are very surprise with your review and sorry to hear that your recent stay in regard of our staff attitude wasn't convenience . this is could be our best moment to take this attention and bring this issue to our internal meeting therefore could find the solution and would not happen again on the future .
Thanking you .

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

First of all, Im so glad we found this amazing hotel on Trip Advisor to be the first ever hotel we stayed in Bali. Not only the location is perfect(amidst the busy area of Kuta, there's this hidden quiet place that you can relax after hustlin' and bustlin'), but the staff are so very bery nice and kind people. All are helpful and always smiling and not to mention the great breakfast choices! We will definitely book this hotel again when we get back to Bali!

Stayed: July 2014
reservation79, Sale manager at Kuta Puri Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear valued guest ,

Greetings from Kuta Puri Bungalow !!

Thank you very much for your nice review on this page specially location , hotel and staff . will share to others team and hopefully would be able to give you better service on your next visit in our hotel . we looking forward to greet you again on your next visit soon .

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed recently in a family room. Found the location great, staff friendly and helpful. Enjoyed time at the day spa, swim up bar and the hotels restaurant. Found the prices to be reasonable compared to other hotels I have stayed in. The hotel was meant to be 80% full but there were always seats at the pool. Also found the hotel to be quiet which was great for us. My only negative comment was the breakfast. The selections were not great. Enough to eat but if you don't do eggs the other hot food wasn't great.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear valued guest ,

Greetings from Kuta Puri Bungalow !!

Thanking you for sharing your time to write review on this page .
We are really appreciated your nice review and will put on attention for our breakfast as we believe that need to be improved . Thank you and we looking forward to see you again on your next holiday .

Best regards'
Artha .

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed. Staff are lovely, the location is perfect, the rooms are very clean and it's always a pleasure to return. Feels very much like a home away from home. We will always return to Kuta Puri for it's welcoming staff and beautiful gardens.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kylie H

Dear our valued guest .

Warmest greetings from Kuta Puri Bungalow !!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share a review on this page . We are delighted to hear that your recent holiday in our hotel was enjoyable , Also glad to know that you have been staying with us for few time , Once you feel us like your second home and we feel also you are our family . Thanking you we looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit .
Have a great day !!!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Stay every year in October . Renovations constantly improving the hotel however still managing to maintain to serene peacefulness we love . HOWEVER those awful TVs in the resturant . :-( Bring back peaceful breakfasts and meals !
Very much looking forward to our holiday in October with the great staff at KPB

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
reservation79, Sale manager at Kuta Puri Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Sir / Madam ,
Warmest greetings from Kuta puri bungalow !!!

Thank you very much to share your time to write review on trip advisor page .
We would also thank you very much for your recent stay during your holiday in our hotel . please feel free to contact us again directly by e-mail or by call incase you need more assistance .
We looking forward to welcoming you again on your next holiday in our hotel.
Have a nice day .!!