“Enjoyable”

The Niche Bali
Ranked #97 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Could not complain about the service or the location.. Noise from clubs near by, never heard any.. We were at another hotel & we had bells going off every hour on the hour after midnite & chanting, so if I did hear music I would not of cared.. Would go back there again.. It's wat u make it.... Luv it..

• Stayed October 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bungendore, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

WOW! Great little Hotel 3 Star but should be a 4! Great service Staff happy and willing to help. Breaky was good. Quiet did not hear to much noise from the main street.
Only problems:
1) The lane you walk up and down the store sale people where getting really annoying
2) Couple of nights the bed was short sheeted ( Sheet was a fraction too small)

Perks:
1) Close to everything!
2) Small and not noisy
3) Pool Was Perfect + Towels are provided (Towels are a bit small)
We will be back Great Thanks so much NICHE Staff!!

Room Tip: Pool side 3 steps and your IN! :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the Niche with great friends on the 10th September, on arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff, check in was quick and without hassle, we had requested rooms next to each other which was no drama. We were placed upstairs in rooms 203 & 204 overlooking the pool (which was very clean and well maintained) noise was not an issue as I had read from other reviews previously. The pool bar staff Dika, Juni, Surya, Agus and Yassa were always very cheerful and more than willing to join in on any fun we were having, the cocktails were exceptional and the Bintang was always cold (very important to us beer lovers). Thanks guys you made our mornings and afternoons very memorable, you are a credit to the Niche. Every day our rooms were cleaned and made up just as they were on our arrival, our personal belongings were never misplaced, even when leaving valuables lying around. Would I stay at the Niche again? Most certainly and I would recommend the hotel to anyone who is planning a holiday to Bali and is looking for champagne services at beer prices. Thanks again Niche for an excellent holiday and we'll see you same time next year!

Room Tip: Request rooms 201,202,203 or 204 you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Belinda F
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My sister and I stayed at The Niche for the first time in Aug 2012 I have been traveling to Bali for
over 30 years and I have to say it is one of the Best hotel's I've stayed in, the room are nice and very clean, the staff couldn't do enough for you, the food was great and if it wasn't on the menu
all you had to do was ask and they would make it for you. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen T
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As first timers in Bali, this place was perfect.Friends told us about it. The whole place has been refurbished, the pool is lovely. The hotel is clean, very freindly and helpful staff. Rooms are cleaned daily. We stayed upstairs near the lobby, noise want a problem. This place has a great friendly atmosphere. We will be back..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dimi_011
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I booked in at the Niche Bali about a week out from arrival, hoping to get a room in order to join friends that had booked in there much earlier. I managed to get a standard room and booked 8 nights for a very reasonable cost of just under NZD$1,000.00 for the entire time.
Upon checkin late in the evening I was greeting by friendly professional staff, I was asked to sign a disclaimer to provide assurance I would adhere to the policy around noise after 10:00pm, which I was happy to do. I was also pleasantly surprised when I was told that I had been upgraded to a superior room (303)
I was provided assistance with my bags to the room and given a tour of the room, and shown where things were and provided with a demonstration of how to use the inroom safe. Then I was left to it.
The room was large, larger than room 301 which a friend of mine had booked (superior room) and was larger than 302 by the looks of the outside. The room was clean and spacious, a king size bed with comfortable mattress and pillows and a couch area at the end of the bed. There was a 42" LCD TV and a DVD player provided as was there an alarm clock with an iPod dock.
There was an automatic room freshener ( or maybe it was an automatic insect repeller) that puffed every so often. There was also an insect repellant electrical device with pads to plug in and warn off the mozzies. There was a large wardrobe with wooden coat hangers and 2 bathrobes provided, there were also drawers insider the robe as was there sets of drawers on either side of the king sized bed.
The bathroom was of a large size, fully tiled, consisting of the wall hung vanity, a glass enclosed shower and the toilet. The shower was great, lots of hot water and a good water pressure at all times. The toilet had to be flushed on a couple of occasions and sometimes the water flow was not immediate in terms of drainage in the toilet or the basin, and then all of a sudden it would flow perfectly, not a major problem and not enough of a inconvenience to complain about, I just got used to it and know that this can sometimes be an issue in many areas of Asia that I have travelled, so no too much out of the norm.
The rooms were cleaned daily and this was of a very high standard - I can be fussy and don't miss much, the sheets were cleaned, as were the towels ( although they were not pure white, they were clean) and the floors swept and mopped.
The apartment I had also had a private balcony with 2 chairs and a small table, an ashtray provided and matches (although I am not a smoker, it was certainly prepared for any guest that might be).
The resort itself is of a small scale, about 40 or so rooms over 2 levels and all built around the pool. The pool was clean and I also saw the edges and pool surrounds cleaned and scrubbed on a daily basis prior to most people rising from sleep. The pool is quite sedate in the mornings but can get a bit noisy in the afternoons depending on the guests. Happy hour from 4:00pm through 6:00pm. The pool had a nice swim up bar also.
A good standard of breakfast food provided, hot selections including egg station and a selection of cereal and fruit with tea, coffee, and juice, there was plenty to go around. The food available throughout the day was or a very good standard, I was surprised with the quality, if you like calamari - goes great with a beer around the pool for an afternoon snack.
The staff were lovely and can't be faulted, all bent over backwards to accommodate their guests, this was a well run ship, so to speak.
The Niche is set back from the street and you have to pass a couple of market stalls to get to the resort, I found a couple of them rude and quite frankly a pain in the neck, to the point where I became rude and just walked past as if they didn't exist, it seemed the only way to get peace from them, I can understand they are just trying to make a living, but they were just rude and arrogant.
I was very much appreciative of the ability to check out late as my flight was not until 11:00pm, I was charged a minimal charge of Rp400,000.00 which was very reasonable and enables me to use the room through until 6:00pm.
All in all I really enjoyed my time at the Niche Bali and would recommend to others, it pays to note that there were not quite enough sun loungers to accommodate all the guests and the sun does go down around 4:00pm due to the configuration of the building layout, but by the end of the day after spending most of it in the sun, it was a welcomed change. The beach is probably a good 20-30 minute walk from the Niche.
Thanks to all of the staff at the Niche for making our stay a great one.

Room Tip: The superior rooms of 301, 302 and 303 are great if you can get them and can navigate stairs. The g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Adam6750
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here in July, we had two rooms between us, one on the ground floor and another upstairs. Yes there was some night club noise at night in the upstairs room, but you'd be very picky to be disturbed by it considering you also have air conditioning going. The rooms were clean, so were the bathrooms, linen changed daily and the cleaners were extremely thorough. Towels were not snow white, but they were clean and we weren't paying 5 star prices anyway. Breakfast had a good selection with a chef cooking eggs to suit. Other meals were reasonable and so were drinks, the cocktails were impressive for $6.50. Pool is in the middle, with the swim up bar, the hotel location is fantastic, you can walk all over the place, hotel is just off the main street, near the memorial. Staff at the hotel were friendly, the security guard and front desk manager keep an eye out all night, and also keep an eye on the laneway. The rooms feel secure, staff are honest and there is a room safe anyway. Travel adaptors are provided. Laundry is cheap and comes back ironed beautifully, and just for a change, you CAN afford to drink from the mini bar! We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you think you'd be disturbed by disco music, choose a downstairs room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank AnneCognito
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
J4 Hotels Legian
#62 of 253 in Kuta
Legian Paradiso Hotel
Legian Paradiso Hotel
#92 of 253 in Kuta

Been to The Niche Bali? Share your experiences!