“Not to go there! Very disappointed”
Review of The Niche Bali

The Niche Bali
Ranked #97 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not to go there! Very disappointed”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

The staff are very friendly, but a fortnight's holiday on a building site, is not my idea of relaxation, With all the rubble going into the swimming pool, which I never say anybody clean in the mornings, or late at night.

The room was cleaned every day, staff very friendly, breakfast ok, not the best, but it is something to eat. Towels are provided by the hotel for the sun loungers, so you don't need to take any with you ( if you dare to stay by the pool amongst the rubble, and builders yard)

There is a hairdryer in the room, which is something I always try to find out, so I don't have to take one myself.

The location of the hotel is right in the middle of everything, if you are prepared to be haressed every 2 seconds, by somebody selling anything from sunglasses transport, girls and drugs then this is your perfect holiday...which If I had done enough research, this would never have been a holiday that we would of undertaken.

The beach was very disappointing, as it was just full of rubbish, which you had to step over for a nice lazy stroll on the beach, everywhere smelt of sewerage, and rubbish just ladden the streets...

My personal choice, and that in our group, is if anybody was to ask me if I would recommend this holiday destination, the answer would be no.

Maybe we expected too much from this destinantion, but we would not go back there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank gizzy103

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Yes renovations were being done while we were there, however they have to be done sometime, noise was at a minimum all times.
Breakfast was similar every day but always well presented and nice, especially the egg cookers!
All staff were very friendly and would always ask if they could help in any way, and the Spa, massages were great.
We were woken up twice by noisy guests in the pool area but this was dealt with quickly by security staff.
Would we go back, YES!!

Room Tip: Room 131, close to breakfast area and pool
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Myself and two friends stayed at The Bali Niche Hotel this March. If you are looking for a small hotel with personal service, then look no further. The staff cannot do enough to help you, it is clean and the pool area is peaceful and very pretty.even though it is in the middle of Kuta, it is set back from the road and is a tranquil retreat.We all loved it here and woulkd definitely go back, for longer this time too!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nikkinorth
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2011

This hotel has everything going for it. You can take children but you need to provide for them yourself eg. cots, highchairs etc. Australian owned (shows in standards) and serviced by balinese (shows in service and friendliness) Highly recommended, excellent value for money. Only downside is reasturant tends to be slow, and portions on the smaller side but the food is of a good standard (fresh) just not as good as some of the reasturants in the vicinity. Shame but nothing is perfect and this little hotel came very close to it for us! Pool bar great and noise restrictions after 10pm so good for those who like to party just a bit but not too much. We stayed while there was a bucks party on and didn't hear a peep out of them because all the clubs and bars are so close. Great for over 30s I think. We loved it, thanks to all the wonderful staff who made our first international holiday with our baby a breeze.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank EmnNath
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The rooms at The Niche are really nice and the staff are very friendly but the location is not good if you are looking for a relaxing hotel. Our room was right beside a nightclub so we asked to be moved and this was done very efficiently. The staff suggested we keep the fan on in the bathroom to drown out any outside noise...so we did this!

Unfortunately there were building works going on at the time and this meant that lying by the pool and chilling out was not very relaxing.

Breakfast could be a lot better as things seem to run out fast. I think this would be good choice for party goers who aren't looking for anything too special.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, WA
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband & I stayed here for 5 nights in January and the hotel is under construction which we were not about. Our room was right outside the dining area and the noise could get quite loud. On our last night there was people knocking on people's doors at 2am then a rather large fight burst out which was not nice at 2 in the morning! The hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly. For the price it's not bad value but the hotel is now full of young drunk Australians so if you would like a quiet hotel I would not recommend this.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I was planning to stay at The Niche for 8 days (as part of my 2 week trip to other parts of Bali). I left after one night and found another hotel, as I was not impressed with the major construction happening. I have been to Bali many times and wanted to relax around the pool for some of the time. The room was clean but would ask for a balcony next time. Mine did not have a balcony. The breakfast was fine on the morning I had it. When I asked I was told that the renovations would be going until the end of April. I am not impressed that it was not mentioned on their website.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
J4 Hotels Legian
#62 of 253 in Kuta
Legian Paradiso Hotel
Legian Paradiso Hotel
#92 of 253 in Kuta

Been to The Niche Bali? Share your experiences!