Kumala Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Villa Coco(Seminyak)
BudhaStay(Seminyak)
View Hotel
All reviewsgood sized bathroomdeluxe roomquiet hotelstandard rooms arewould stay againtea and coffeepoolsbaliaudlane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent value and location. Had trouble finding a decent place for a family of 5 on a budget.Rooms are huge with 2 ensuite bathrooms.Hot water never runs out.Fridge holds 48 Bintangs and is ice cold.Fast wifi in room. 3 air conditioners.Huge balcony.Good buffet breakfast.Clean but firm beds. Plumbing needs unblocking but so does all plumbing in Bali.Overall a great place.Stayed 18 nights @AU$95/night. Will come back for sure.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite 1+2 is on the 2nd floor,suite 3+4 is 3rd floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank NeedsMoreSalt
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a delightful holiday here, so handy to shopping, dining, beach. Lovely staff and nicely laid out, quiet hotel. Not great with the room bookings though and often want guests to change rooms, and don't understand why it bothers people. Cleaning could be a bit more thorough and there were constant issues with internet access. Very good restaurant, not just for breakfast, but had a few lunches and dinners that were excellent. Very reasonable room rates, a pretty good stay for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Liz078
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Kumala was such a good find, right on the border of legian and seminyak right around the corner from great shopping strips, supermarket, and only half a block to the beach, away from the nightmare of Kuta. Loved the quiet location an still so close to the beachfront where you would be paying a loooot more. Only 360,000 for a standard double. Gorgeous garden which is rare in bali. The continental breakfast was a bit basic to chew down but included in the price. Super nice staff always tops things off.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank tessmila
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Grand Kumala is a wonderful hotel even if you don't consider the low rates at c.a. 30 USD p.n. Throw in the economic aspect in the equation and you have a winner! I stayed with the hotel in late 2010 and judging by recent reviews here on TA the quality I experienced has been maintained. Now I am looking to go to Bali again and will surely stay at the Grand Kumala in that case.

I stayed in a standard room which was sufficient when travelling alone. No problems for a couple either for that matter. Got kids? Get one of the bigger rooms. I also had a very nice veranda (quite large, approx. half the size of the room itself) on the outside which I appreciated. Security-wise I was glad to find a safe in the room to store my passport and whatnots. The standard is perfectly good with a mixture of traditional and contemporary design of the inventory but you would be wrong to expect high-end furniture here. The bathroom was slightly aged but none of this really bothered me.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel and in addition the breakfasts were superb. The area is rather nice and quiet but still quite close to the shops and restaurants of Seminyak (yet sufficiently far away from Kuta for my taste). There is a laundry service just across the road which I found useful. The beach is only a 5min walk from the hotel and offers the typical things with ordinary restaurants across the road, food-carts on the road and beach-bars on the... beach. My favourite Beach Bar? The Safari Bar, just in front of Hotel Jayakarta.

To sum it up: I was very pleased with my stay and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank viskari
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We've stayed at the Kumala Pantai for many years but were put off by the building next door and increase in prices. Our experience at the Grand Kumala was very good. The rooms are a good size, a bit old looking but comfortable. WiFi in room was excellent. Nice little restaurant, two pools, both shaded by palms and the water is not as warm as you expect in a Bali hotel. I found it really refreshing. We hired push bikes from the lady at reception and used them all the time. Only a minute to ride down the lane to the beach. The staff are great, friendly and helpful (just like the staff at the Kumala Pantai) but were a bit slow to replace a battery in our in room safe. We had to remind them before they fixed it. We were able to use the safety deposit box at the counter but a small matter of replacing a battery should not have taken several days. My wife and daughter are staying there in October and I'm sure we'll return again. There are some nice restaurants and bars nearby.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites looked really well set out and would suit a family with a couple of kids.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple