“Great Decor, Great Food, Poor Service”

The Harvest Patissier & Chocolatier
Ranked #4 of 8 Bakeries in Kuta
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established in 2004, The Harvest Cakes is the pioneer in European style pastry shop chain in Indonesia. With 30 outlets and growing in both major and small cities of Indonesia. The Harvest Cakes is housing an astonishing collection of delectable cakes, all made with the finest ingredients that are layered and crafted perfectly. Continuous research and development, complete with highly skilled and creative team of over 1500 people, have made The Harvest Cakes a leader in the modern Cakes shop scene in Indonesia. Relentlessly providing the best quality and the highest standard of service while humbly thanking you for being a valuable customer.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed the décor and food. The service needs to be perk up - guess lack of training on food product. Overall, I would return.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

i used to buy a cake here for friend or family shop in jakarta so i'm happy when they open in Bali. Went there with my colleagues for some dessert. We go there during lunch time. We were greetings by a hostess and she asked my name. We ordered some cakes from the counter unfortunately the girl didn't have good product knowledge. When the cake served, the server didn't smile and just put the cake at our table as if nobody there. But when we leave the shop, the hostess still remember my name.

1  Thank Ingelee25
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I went one week ago, the place looks good, first surprise is that if you go by motorbike there is no parking and you are kindly directed yo leave your bike in the middle of sunset road.
Once inside the cakes looked extremely good so we got carried away an order too many of them, the waiter came and we ordered drinks , we were warned that the drinks would take 10 min and the brownie 15 even though there were less than 10% of the tables occupied.
We waited for at least 25 min and the brownie and drinks arrived, it was just ok and some more cupcakes arrived every 10 min one or two of them.

After almost an hour there we were full and some of the cupcakes we ordered didnt arrive so we told the waiter to cancel the order. We were told that once ticketed it wasnt possible to cancel any of them(fantastic).
They brought one more after the complain and the last one wouldnt show... I decided it was too much so I insisted on cancelling it, they brought the bill with the cancelled cupcake in it and I requested to talk to the manager, they took another 5 min and they tried to force us to take the cupcake.
Finally the manager came and I explained the situation and he removed the cupcake from the bill which he did plus he gave us the last one for free to apologize.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We were walking on sunset road and stopped by for hot chocolate. This place has archaic interiors taking you to a Victorian era! They serve sandwiches, salads other than bakery items. Food is very good. Service is good, people are polite and kind. If chocolate makes you go weak on your knees, this is the place for you!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I gave an extra star just because of the design. Honestly, it's pretty awful. Went there twice. First visit was because it's new and I was curious. Tasted the plated dessert of chocolate brownie, it's so sweet and overwhelming to the point where it's not edible.

Second time I went was because I had a meeting (so kinda forced to go there again). This time I only ordered iced cappuccino, even something as simple as that, they messed it up! It tasted like preservatives, so bitter, and weird tasting. And it's sweet! They shouldn't add sugar to coffee drinks! What if customer don't like it sweet?? Hmm

Told the staff and they replace it (which is good) , came back and brought the exact same one. Tasted the exact same rubbish. Was so disappointed. It's a simple iced cappuccino! And they are coffee and dessert place!

This bothers me because they put so much effort into the interior and completely forgotten the most important part of a restaurant/cafe, the food!!

Don't think I will come back unless I'm craving for weird tasting cappuccino.