“Excellent Property”

Ranked #83 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Perth
“Excellent Property”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were recommended this hotel by Rachael & Katie at Flightcentre Kelmscott. This was our first stay at the Kuta Lagoon Resort and it certainly won't be our last. We arrived home on Tuesday and I've just got Rachael to book us again for August. We had a private pool villa which was awesome.The breakfasts were great and each day there was different dishes being served at the buffett. Breakfast ran from 7am - 10.30am, great for early or late risers and there was always plenty available no matter what time you arrived. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The Hotel itself is lovely with its long lagoon style pool running past the many "access" rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel for its friendlieness, cleanliness and location.

Room Tip: For a couples romantic getaway I recommend the private pool villa or for a fun getaway request a &qu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank frithnrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Indonesian first
Hunter Valley, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

So glad I booked after reading reviews from this site and watched closely as time til holiday. My son 13 and I needed some R&R and we got it here. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was delicious and there's always something nice, thoroughly enjoyed and jag loved having his eggs cooked just that special way. Meet up with some lovely aussies over there and some loud, painful young lads and minders celebrating end of year trip. Staff put a stop to the rules begin broken by them and loud/swearing drunken behaviour as well. Next day the same, staff came around and then they quiten again. 3am coming home was painful. Staff got on top of it again. This happens all over, but staff were in control. Our room was located just opposite pool bar, when loud we would venture down over end, quite and relaxing. Dont get me wrong I think everyone is entiled to party, it dosent seem that kind of hotel. We enjoyed our time here, our rooms were spotless cleaned every morning, thankyou and our pool was cleaned and refreshing thanks Martin. We enjoyed happy hour daliy with tapas, it was excellent. Of a nite we would venture to Um's in poppys land, garlic bread and chicken maryland(not what u think) best, ours for lunch and uncle normans but go to mozerella's for the creme brulee near garlic lane. Shopping without the bartering is Ketu in garlic lane, bargins, bargins, dont forget to end the evenings with a visit to Carla's Spa for a well earnt foot massage, enjoy your in bali not gold coast, relax and go with flow. We will be back next year and looking forward to our pool access or we might just upgrade to private pool villa, awesome time thankyou Kuta Lagoon, Suk sa ma ...So sorry to hear about novangely , we had none of that. Hopefully they have learnt something from your experience. There is a store called CareFour its like our Kmart/Big W plus it has food, pick up your cheese and bisc. lollies etc even beer and pastries. We were lucky enough to meet aussies women that knew alot about bali and guide us on our journey, thanks girls. See you next yr. jen and jag

Room Tip: Pool access room a must the pool is a feature even thought it can be loud, swim down the other end...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 22jenny22_12
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We have just come from a week stay. This is our 3rd stay at kuta lagoon in a private pool villa.
Nice and clean, very central, attentive staff and pretty cheap
We love it here and would highly recommend the villas

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bunch5
Grenfell
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I first time in Bali. This place was fantastic, if you want a place with a pool right on your doorstep, spend a bit more and get a villa or if you want a private pool go for the private villas. The breakfast buffet was good, they try to cater for all nationalities. The young staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. Have time to talk to them, they are very interesting people and humble. The resort was the perfect location, just on the outskirts of Kuta, but everything is so close, markets, restaurants and drinking spots.If you want a family stay this is perfect. Highly recommend the Jokers Cafe, approx 10 mins walk, coldest Bintang in Kuta and they have apple cider. We would stay here again, very clean and everything worked.Handy internet room and cheap drinks and beer at the little shop at the front of the resort eg 2 bottles of water, 2 cans of coke, 2 bintangs $5.00 Aus. or 50,000 rup. Money changer at the resort located at the tour desk changed one australian dollar to 9500 rup and you wont get ripped off, better rates outside but be very careful. The resort restaurant had great pizzas, not over the top.

Room Tip: Villa without the private pool are only a few steps away from the pool and are nice big rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maria N
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I agree with other travelers that this hotel does have all the positive review as they wrote here. BUT I was disappointed with their security who cannot memorize me as their guest.

To be honest, this is the hotel I always wanted to stay since I saw their pool on the web 2 years ago. So I chose to stay here on my birthday last week. It’s turned out to be a 90m long with unique lagoon shape and surrounded with wonderful garden. Nice!!

UNFORTUNATELY, they had been asking me "Are you the hotel guest?" every time I parked my bike for 3 times within 11 hours since I check in. I made a complaint to their front office and then I went out for my birthday party and when I returned, they still wanted to ask the same question. OMG!! I felt offended. Do I look like a treat to hotel security?? It’s ridiculous!! How come such a nice hotel like this doesn't know their guest?!? It's like everyone kept greeting me 'halo' when I was inside the hotel but when I stepped outside, their greeting is "Are you the hotel guest?" I’ve been coming back and forth to Kuta for the past 3 years and so far, I found only one hotel that ever asked me the same question but they never asked me more than once. Fuh.. I never thought it would happen in such a nice and wonderful hotel like Kuta Lagoon. It wasn't what I had in mind to spend my birthday. Come on!!

Well... I made a complaint again in the morning to their Front Office manager. She could only apologize.. what has happened has happened. You cannot take it back esp when it happened on your special day. I am still upset remembering it. Even so I have to admit that I love their pool so much that yeah, I would give them a second chance by staying there again. And when that time comes, I hope they wouldn’t treat me the same way so my next review would be a positive one. If not, I won't bother coming back.

Room Tip: deluxe room above is more modern
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank novangely
australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really liked the location of this hotel, found the staff to be extremely affable & friendly even through to the security staff. The rooms were pretty standard with ours having a patio that lead directly into the pool. I shared the room so i slept on the single bed which was horrible. It was hard, old & i did`t sleep thru during the entire 8 day stay. To my annoyance every nite i had to drag a sheet off the double bed & make my own with a very old almost thread bare blanket. I guess housekeeping thought we were either sharing the queen bed or only 1 person was staying.
The room was clean, the aircon was efficient & even thought the bed was horrid i would stay here again.
I only went to breakfast the first morning & i thought it was ok. Ive certainly been to much better, i preferred to wonder around the corner to the "coffee-corner" coffee shop.
Checkout of this hotel was a big turn off, its not the best way to end a holiday sorting double invoices for items signed off to our room. In fact my driver & I waited over 30 minutes for some friends to check out, but having said that the staff were very apologetic.
They really need to streamline their check-out procedures.

Room Tip: choose the rooms away from the childrens pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cortez48
Killarney, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband, teenage daughter and I went for my 50th birthday, spent 14 nights there. It was amazing, staff was so friendly, calling us by first names. Buffet breakfast was great start to day.Our swimout room was amazing, so very happy we had paid for that. highly recommend it!
Was close to wonderful restuarants and shopping was amazing. Will go back there next for sure.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms are swimout but the third bed is only small, suitable only for child really, great loca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family