“Need to know their guest!”

Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa
Ranked #53 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Need to know their guest!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I agree with other travelers that this hotel does have all the positive review as they wrote here. BUT I was disappointed with their security who cannot memorize me as their guest.

To be honest, this is the hotel I always wanted to stay since I saw their pool on the web 2 years ago. So I chose to stay here on my birthday last week. It’s turned out to be a 90m long with unique lagoon shape and surrounded with wonderful garden. Nice!!

UNFORTUNATELY, they had been asking me "Are you the hotel guest?" every time I parked my bike for 3 times within 11 hours since I check in. I made a complaint to their front office and then I went out for my birthday party and when I returned, they still wanted to ask the same question. OMG!! I felt offended. Do I look like a treat to hotel security?? It’s ridiculous!! How come such a nice hotel like this doesn't know their guest?!? It's like everyone kept greeting me 'halo' when I was inside the hotel but when I stepped outside, their greeting is "Are you the hotel guest?" I’ve been coming back and forth to Kuta for the past 3 years and so far, I found only one hotel that ever asked me the same question but they never asked me more than once. Fuh.. I never thought it would happen in such a nice and wonderful hotel like Kuta Lagoon. It wasn't what I had in mind to spend my birthday. Come on!!

Well... I made a complaint again in the morning to their Front Office manager. She could only apologize.. what has happened has happened. You cannot take it back esp when it happened on your special day. I am still upset remembering it. Even so I have to admit that I love their pool so much that yeah, I would give them a second chance by staying there again. And when that time comes, I hope they wouldn’t treat me the same way so my next review would be a positive one. If not, I won't bother coming back.

Room Tip: deluxe room above is more modern
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank novangely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Indonesian first
australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really liked the location of this hotel, found the staff to be extremely affable & friendly even through to the security staff. The rooms were pretty standard with ours having a patio that lead directly into the pool. I shared the room so i slept on the single bed which was horrible. It was hard, old & i did`t sleep thru during the entire 8 day stay. To my annoyance every nite i had to drag a sheet off the double bed & make my own with a very old almost thread bare blanket. I guess housekeeping thought we were either sharing the queen bed or only 1 person was staying.
The room was clean, the aircon was efficient & even thought the bed was horrid i would stay here again.
I only went to breakfast the first morning & i thought it was ok. Ive certainly been to much better, i preferred to wonder around the corner to the "coffee-corner" coffee shop.
Checkout of this hotel was a big turn off, its not the best way to end a holiday sorting double invoices for items signed off to our room. In fact my driver & I waited over 30 minutes for some friends to check out, but having said that the staff were very apologetic.
They really need to streamline their check-out procedures.

Room Tip: choose the rooms away from the childrens pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cortez48
Killarney, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband, teenage daughter and I went for my 50th birthday, spent 14 nights there. It was amazing, staff was so friendly, calling us by first names. Buffet breakfast was great start to day.Our swimout room was amazing, so very happy we had paid for that. highly recommend it!
Was close to wonderful restuarants and shopping was amazing. Will go back there next for sure.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms are swimout but the third bed is only small, suitable only for child really, great loca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jessa38
Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was my partner and my first time to Bali the staff were so helpful and frIendly and the hotel was fantastic. The buffet breakfast had us up early EVERYDAY as It was delIcIous!!! We defIInItely will be back! :-) 10/10 for quality and service... I'll be highly recommending the Kuta lagoon to my family and friends... :-)

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank taks4eva
western australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and myself just spent a week in a Villa at kuta lagoon.
This is the fouth time we have stayed here and i must admit the location is perfect.
I found this time that the rooms are looking like that need some TLC since the last time we stayed 2 years ago.
Although comfortable and clean they are starting to look old, compared to other Villas we have stayed in.
Upom saying this, Kuta lagoon is in a great position close to some great restaurants a short walk to the beach and close to some good shopping.
I keep going back to this hotel because i believe thats its great value, good staff and of course in a great position.
i dont think it will disappoint.

Room Tip: book a Villa with a pool or pool access room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ados067
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel was was part of a Bali vacation package I purchased from a travel agency.
My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Kuta Lagoon Resort and we loved it. We were greeted warmly by its staff but were told that our pre-booked room was not ready (this should not happen to any one though). So, we went to its restaurant and had lunch till our room got ready. The food and beverages provided were really good. The breakfast buffet they provided was of top-class - honestly, it was something to look for at the start of the day.
The room given to us was really nice and quiet. The bathroom was not spacious and at times had some uneasiness in moving around.
The location of the hotel is really good too. It's near to the beach (about 5-10 min walk) where you can quickly go and enjoy the sunset, have a quick splash or even surf. Furthermore, there are many shops (small or branded) that are selling many items especially clothing. Money changers and spa centers are plenty, so I advice to look around to check for good rates.
The only downside during our stay was that the Internet was not available in our room. We had to go to the restaurant to check the net but I feel this is not a big issue given that you are on vacation.
All in all, we found the hotel a great value for the money. The staff, food and the location are great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank massi007
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a quick trip to Bali & stayed 1.5 days here and the staff were extrememly friendly and welcoming! The room was comfortable and pool relaxing! The brekky was yummy & filling and the staff always cleared the tables and made sure fresh food was out. THe staff there were always smiling. The location was awesome too! short walk to the beach and shops at the end of the laneway and a great hairdresser across the road in another laneway! Very cheap and great service. Would not buy hair or nail service on the beach anymore, would go to this lady instead. Directly across the road from Kuta Lagoon Resort laneway. Fantastic stay!

Room Tip: pool access room we had and would highly reccommend.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family