“MY STAY”

Mastapa Garden Hotel
Ranked #219 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed June 14, 2013

we have stayed 4 times at Mastapa Gardens Kuta and every time we have loved every minute of our stay rooms,and staff so lovely, but we have just returned from staying on Sanur side for a
change but decided to go and visit Mastapa Gardens Kuta to our surprise its not there any more so I was just wondering as it was a vacant block are they buiding a new one in place I hope so. You can still view on internet but when you try to book its says its full , Iloved staying there as it was central to all shopping .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carolyne B

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Mastapa Garden Hotel on a few occassions & I have found the staff to be very friendly & always helpful beautiful people, loved the food, my only gripe is when breakfast I would have scrambled eggs & bacon, they were a bit stingy with the bacon but if you asked for extra, you would get it :) - (they cooked the bacon to my perfection). I went into the kitchen a few times & the place was spotless.

The rooms have what you require, bed, TV, fridge, air conditioning, clean bed linen everyday etc though the bathrooms could do with bit of a upgrade & maybe the rooms with a splash of paint - but who spends all day in them ? We were out of the rooms for 60% of the day (exploring, beaching, shopping, eating etc)

The pool is great, what I liked about it, at times you could have the pool to yourself not like other hotels where they are jammed packed all day every day.

The hotel is on the main street in Kuta with all the hustle & bustle but once you stepped into hotel - you could not hear anything that was happening outside.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jennafina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've visited Bali many times and this hotel is at the lower end of the budget spectrum. BUT, for a king bed, colour tv, in room fridge, out door shower and bathroom including a daily breakfast. Fresh linen every day, happy and helpful staff with the hotel right in the centre of the action this hotel is unbeatable. The pool is maticulously maintained and the gardens are lush and inviting. I rate this hotel for value for money.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room at the back or on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank G M
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Don't understand the bad reviews for this hotel, as I had a very pleasant stay in March 14 - 16th 2012. Very friendly staff who spoke good english, both in the reception and in the restaurant. Very good breakfast for Indonesia (could choose American, English or Indonesian breakfast), real big and clean room with air condition. The toilet and bath is outside in a little private "garden" (with walls around it), was very lovely and gave a special touch to the room! It is under a rooftop so no need to worry about rain...

The pool is nice, and the hotel is quiet during night. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to Kuta Beach from the hotel.

Had absolutely nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Persikan
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The hotel is old and dusty and the rooms were absolutely terrifying. When we first checked in they assigned us a room with an ensuite bathroom that was half outdoors; it was missing a fourth wall! We requested a change to another room with a bathroom indoors, which we discovered was covered in mold. Both rooms smelled strongly musk & mold. The smell was so strong I could still smell it in my clothing and towels after I was finally rid of the place. The only thing that looked semi-clean was the bed. The bathroom also had this weird window that can never be closed fully so the place was always swarming with mosquitoes (we got bit all night) and we would regularly find dead bugs all over the sink, bathtub and counters. The rooms used two very weak lightbulbs that didn't illuminate the room very well and made everything look even dingier. We hated the rooms so much we tried to spend as much time out of our rooms by spending the time in the breakfast area until we absolutely had to sleep.

I was neutral about the staff until I checked out. I requested the staff to call a Bluebird taxi. Instead, he tried to sell us their hotel driver. When I firmly requested the taxi, instead of calling for one, he sends another staff out to hail it from the street (which he never did) and we had to sit there while the driver hassled us to hire him.

I wish I had sprung for the extra money to get a better hotel as I am one of those people who need a good place to relax after a day out and it really affected our vacation in Bali. Next time I will not stay in Kuta and definitely not at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have just returned from bali where my husband and I took our four children for a chirstmas holiday for 11 days. I stayed at Mastapa Gardens eleven years ago and I enjoyed it so we booked it again. I read your reviews prior to travel and although there are a few bad ones I still took the risk, and it was well worth it. I paid $45AUD per night, in australia you are lucky to get a van site with power at a caraven park for that price. We got a large room, yes a bit musty smelling but a room freshner fixed that, a clean bathroom, TV, free internet and a decent breakfast every morning for that $45. Dont stay in a room that only cost $45 if you want a five star hotel. We went with the expectations of recieving a room worth $45 and recieved much more. The gardens are beautiful, the hotel is clean the staff are frendly, the rooms were cleaned every day, clean towels were provided everyday and it was safe. It is in the heart of kuta, within walking distance of everything you would want if you want to stay in Kuta/Legian. Once you were inside the hotel it was quiet and peaceful. We booked Two rooms for the six of us but once we arrived we decided to get a third room as we could have them altogether. the kids had two rooms that had interconnecting doors and we took the room beside them. I never had a problem with worrying about thier safety as the place has security all the time. I will continue to return to this hotel as I still feel that I got more than what i paid for and we all really enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Always ask for thier best rooms, and just be friendly
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Leeanne G
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Pretty simple place, cost us about $40AU a night in peak season and couldn't really complain too much.. everything's basic and the bathroom wasn't that great, but we didn't really expect too much considering it was all we could really get for new years eve and day..

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends