“Another Pleasant Stay at Febri's”

Febri's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Another Pleasant Stay at Febri's”
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I stayed at Febri's for three nights this past November. This was my third stay at Febri's in two years. For the price (I got a great rate through Otel.com), you can't beat the location, amenities, and room comfort. Ask for a quiet room and things will be as quiet as if you were staying in Sanur (where I also spent two nights in the Puri Santrian). I would definitley stay at Febri's on my next visit to Bali as long as the rate remains a good value.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Scubadoo_YYC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Australind, Western Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We have just returned from staying at Febri's for 7 nights and are planning on staying there again in the near future. On our previous visits to Bali we have stayed in more up-market hotels in Legian but decided to stay within walking distance to most activities and shopping in Kuta on this occasion and Febri's certainly fit the bill in this area. My wife is a bit of a stickler for cleanliness but had no problems with the rooms. The staff were great and felt more like friends by the time we left, and while the menu in the restaurant was a bit limited there were great restaurants within a few doors of the hotel. Overall the only criticisms we could have was that the bed was a bit hard and more shade around the pool would be good, but we are certainly planning on staying at Febri's again when we return to Bali in 2010.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wynny301
Perth Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2009

The Febris hotel was not our first preference, but we where pleasantly surprised. Our room which other guests told us was renovated just before we arrived and was really nice. The main part of the bedroom was a good size even with a cot in there. The bathroom was also large. The room was very clean and the staff where excellent. The only bad thing I could say was that the menu could have been a bit bigger and the cots they supplied where to big of us short people.

I would stay at this hotel again if I went to Bali. The staff where wonderful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SandraCulin
perth wa
Reviewed November 18, 2009

this hotel has a great location close to many good shopping areas and the airport. we stayed in the family room which was huge has a massive bath and a big lcd tv. restaurant serves great meals with a large range of foods to choose from at a reasonable price. all up a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank concretercaleb
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Stayed at febris in october 2009 for 11 days on our 4th trip to Bali having previously stayed at the Dynasty twice and the Kartika Plaza. I can Say that i enjoyed febris alot better than both as it was more relaxing then both and alround more chilled out..The rooms were good value and cleaned every day and we got flowers on a beds on arrival which was pretty cool. ATthe Dynasty the air con broke alot so it was good to have a nice cool air con that didn't stop working. Breakfast was nice with the same stuff everyday but that didn't bother me bought some bacon one morning fo like 20 000R or $2.50 for a big plate which was good. AN easy walk to Kuta, waterbom and the markets. The pool was always easy to get a chair next to and was really relaxing. Got a full family spa treatment that was very very relaxing cheap and worth it. The staff were always helpful and never unattentive. All in all Febris was in my opinion better than the more expensive Dynasty and Kartika hotes and i would reccommend it to anyone!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank AussieJake
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We have just returned from the Febris and found it to be an excellent hotel. We stayed in the Superior rooms which were clean and well looked after. While their all of the rooms were being fitted with 34CM LCD TV's and ours got fitted on our second day so we were happy with that, they had all the cable stations so if you needed a relaxing day it was great to have something to watch. The pools are nice and warm as are most pools in Bali. Breakfast is fine but nothing to rave about but not being a big breakfast eater this did not bother me, bacon is provided at an extra charge of 20000rp which is about $2 which we were quite happy to pay. The staff are great fun and very friendly, thanks to you all for the laughs at the bar and the language lessons you tried to give us. Only have one gripe that the pool needs umbrellas or some sort of shade as it can get very hot around the pool. We enjoyed our stay and can understand anyone complaining about this hotel as it is one of the best in this category that we have stayed at in Bali and we have been 8 times now. We will be returning to the Febris about March next year and we are looking forward to it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sujak90
Perth
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Stayed at Febri's for 13 nights in a family room - king and 2 singles. Room was very large and clean. Disappointed there were no flowers on the bed when we arrived, as mentioned in previous reviews. The sheets were changed daily and the room attendant did a wonderful job of cleaning and ensuring we had a lovely room to come back to every day.

Breakfast was adequate, what I would expect for this standard of accommodation. The egg station was filthy and after one visit, I did not return. From what I could see, the kitchen also did not appear to be overly clean. I made sure I kept my eyes away when passing as I was afraid of what I may see. Other meals ordered at the restaurant were good although the service was lacking. We saw no sign of the friendly staff that others encountered.

Reception staff were polite but not overly helpful. My children were not feeling well one morning, so we left them in the room to rest while we went to breakfast. My son rang reception, asking them to find us when my daughter was being sick. He was told there were too many people and it was too hard.

The pool area was pleasant enough. It was nice to not have to fight for a sun lounge.

The hotel is in a good location although I would not attempt to travel to Legian in the evening as the traffic crawls along at a snails pace. There are enough good restaurants and shopping to stay in the Tuban area.

Would we return to the Febri’s? No! Not for any of the reasons mentioned. The hotel was more than adequate for a 3 star. We would not return as there were too many rats!!!!! I understand that there are rats in Bali, but I do my best to avoid spotting them. I had no choice here. While having a quiet drink in the evening outside our room there would always be a rat running around even though there were numerous cats that roamed the grounds. Maybe the cats are too well fed? Coming home in the evening after dinner, you had to be careful where you stepped. We had rats run across our path on several occasions. I saw around 9 rats during my stay at Febri’s, more than I have seen in total during my last 8 trips to Bali. It is for this reason I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SparkyPerth
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
Dear valued guests,

Thank you for your stay at Febri’s Hotel & Spa and we do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your family holiday with us.

With late arrivals, we don’t place fresh flowers in the room on the 1st day because they would be withered by the time guests come into the room. Fresh flowers (normally we use frangipani corollas, hibiscus, bougainvilleas) were placed on your dressing tables, refrigerator and bathroom EVERY DAY starting from your 2nd day onwards. Flower placements are usually done in early afternoon after housekeeping completes his daily room service. You might have noticed that the hotel is legally obliged to switch off air-conditioners whenever a room is unattended. This policy has been applied since the beginning of 2009 due to a serious electricity shortage in Bali.

We managed to secure a Family Deluxe Room as per your request, i.e. NON-SMOKING ROOM WITH 1 KING + 2 SINGLES ON LOWEST FLOOR LEVEL because you have great difficulty walking up the stairs. However, as encountered by most Bali hotels, our common problem with ground floor rooms is the unexpected sight of rodents across your verandah. Open tropical gardens always attract mice + moles and the hotel is putting a lot of effort to eradicate them. One of the difficulties we are facing is guests feeding the cats. Housekeeping staff always clear the food scraps during the day, however the scraps left during the night attract other animals before housekeeping starts work in the morning.

Regarding the unclean kitchen and unhelpful staff, we apologize if such conditions occurred during your stay. Your complaint rather confused us as most guests report otherwise and many have even become regular patrons over the years, not because of our hotel facilities, but simply because of our friendly and helpful staff. We will, however, investigate your complaints further with the restaurant teams.

During the rush breakfast hours, the number of guests having breakfast at any one time could easily reach 100 persons. Our waiters would be happy to assist any child’s phone call to find his/her parents if the parents’ identifications are clearly provided. Alternatively, the parents could notify the waiters or receptionist in advance in case their child might call for them during breakfast. Otherwise, apart from being intrusive of guest privacy, it would be too difficult for waiters to find out the name of every guest during rush breakfast hours.

We value your feedback greatly and hope for your understanding of any limitations we have. We will, however, do our best to improve our service and facilities to meet every guest’s expectations. Thanks again for staying with us.

Paulus & family