“Fantastic clean room”

Ranked #11 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Helsinki, Finland
“Fantastic clean room”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed at Febri's 12 nights in June. The thing that I was extremely happy was the state of room. I add some photos which will tell more than my words. Superior room on 2nd floor facing the big pool was spacious, so clean ( thanks to Aortan ) and pretty much had all I had wished and could had hoped. Big fridge, coffee making facilities, safety-box, flat screen TV, complimentary water and coffee + tea supplies ( which were filled every day if used ) and balcony. Sheets and towels were changed daily.
I did not eat at the restaurant but had breakfast few times. Only thing I missed on buffee breakfast was cheese. Otherwise it was great with fruits and fresh eggs and even whole grain bread.
The reception worked fine, they have lots of customers to serve and they all did great.
I had complimentary massage and it was ok. I did not like too pushing efforts to sell more than what I had planned to have. I had planned to have only the complimetary massage but I was pressured to take also the 3-hours massage and pay some extra. I can blame myself as I was tired and I should just had been able to say strictly no. That maybe is the only negative thing I can think as after all it was nothing special and I just dont like when someone tries to sell me something I have not planned to buy.
I would certainly stay at this hotel another time if came to Kuta, but probably would take massage from one of the nearby massage saloons.
The construction on opposite of our bacony did not bother us too much. If You have superior room you are not too close to where they build.
I was happy to have such a nice room.

4 Thank nadlap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Biggest tip BOOK early as this hotel is cost friendly , Staff all excellent ,from housecleanting ,room service., front desk ,behind the scenes and accomadation great clean.. May June excellent weather wise been twice this time of year . My SIX stay . The Boss Paulos even makes you feel part of the Febri family. Once again well done Febri .;

Room Tip: book in advance if you would like a ground floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank anniepickard46
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We have just returned from Bali our first trip overseas in many years and we relied on the advice of our travel agent for a good value, family friendly hotel and between their advice and Trip Advisor we were not disappointed!
We loved the Febris and would not hesitate to come back. What has been irritating a little is some of the feedback here that is negative, yep everyone has a personal opinion but have a look at the star rating of the hotel and see if it fits your expectations, the construction next door caused very little problems and cannot be controlled by the Febris and if all else fails buy a t shirt with "toughen up princess" on it and get over yourself!
The Febris was outstanding value, the food was very good, the service was friendly! We all enjoyed relaxing massages, many Bintangs by the pool and the WIFI worked fine in our room right at the rea of the hotel (so long as you know how to log on you will be fine!)
Awesome location close to shopping, Waterbom and some of the most awesome restaurants....
The pool sparkled and was cleaned daily, the rooms simple, clean and changed daily, good TV for the kids and cool air cond and a lift for the family rooms we stayed in solved the stair climb if you cannot do that!
The grounds were fogged to control mosquitos daily and were never a problem.
Transport right at the front of the hotel for reasonable priced private transport.
Fair Dinkum do yourself a favour and stay here if you like a good, clean, friendly, value for money hotel...we will be back for sure

9 Thank Familyfun69
Perth Western Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This was our 4th time staying at the Febri's and I can say that it is the type of hotel myself and family enjoy. We find it quiet, great staff and excellent location. We have also stayed at their Green Garden Resort and Green Garden Hotel but the Febri's is our pick. So close to shops, waterbom, restaurants and short taxi ride to Kuta square if you don't feel like walking. The property is very well maintained and the staff can not do enough for you. Overall had a great time once again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Izza14
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel is pretty nice. Out of 5 hotels I stayed at in Bali it was the middle of the road.

The deluxe room was spacious and very clean, but the free wireless internet had terrible reception from our room, and the construction occurring on both side of the hotel was too noisy. The bed was comfy though and the AC worked great.

We liked the spa services and that our complimentary foot massage could be cheaply up graded to a full massage, the first one was good enough that we decided to go back.

The pool was quite nice. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor about the hotel having two pools we were confused to find only one pool and a jacuzzi, I guess the second one is well hidden cause the hotel property is quite small.

The buffet breakfast was quite good, and we enjoyed other meals at the restaurant and pool side service.

The location is very close to Waterbomb, and good shopping. The hotel is not on the beach, that didn't concern me at all since the beach is really not very nice with all the garbage on it.

Couldn't fault the service of the general staff. We spoke to the manager about our surprise and unhappiness (in a nice manner) about the bad internet connection in our room and the loud construction noise that was making it hard to do the bit of work we needed to do online he was understanding but didn't go out of his way to do anything for us. We knew that the rest of the staff had tried to fix the internet, but when the ISP wasn't down our room was just located too far from the router for us to be able to take advantage of it, which really disappointed me because I had caught a bad cold and didn't want to venture far from the hotel for a couple days. Obviously nothing could be done about construction the construction, and my boyfriend didn't want to move rooms although that wasn't offered either. The manager only mentioned that maybe we might be able to get some spa service with no follow through so that was disappointing.

Overall all though, this hotel was pretty good, and I would stay here again if for some reason I wanted to go back to this area of Bali (once was enough though) and there wasn't any construction. I liked staying here much better then The white rose and Kuta lagoon, but certainly not as much as the Aston Bali or the Breezes.

PS There wasn't a gym here, which bummed me out.

Room Tip: Tasty chicken Parmigiana in the restaurant
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear Miss Kandi26 of Canada,

Thanks so much for staying at Febri’s and taking time to review the hotel and its surrounding area. I am also grateful that you highly reviewed our hotel room, its bed & AC, massage/spa facilities, our restaurant. I also note that you like the hotel location being close to Waterbom and shopping although you don’t like South Kuta as much as Nusa Dua and Seminyak beaches due to garbage issues along the beach.

You are absolutely correct with your concerns on garbage along South Kuta Beach as well as the over-construction activities in the area here. Frankly these have become major dilemma for hotels and local community around this area since 2 years ago. Although the hotels, community and village authority have put lots of efforts and work together to make the area cleaner and greener, the results are still far from our expectations. Not to mention many new hotels coming along in astronomical growth but streets and other infrastructures of the area are not improving. Hopefully, after all these new hotels and road projects are completed, we will see a better South Kuta Beach.

Febri’s Hotel has 2 swimming pools (main large pool and small pool) and an outdoor Jacuzzi pool. The small pool is located at the south east wing where our budget Standard Rooms are located. Your room must have been either in the family wing or in the main wing behind the main swimming pool. WiFi reception is too weak if you wish to access it inside your bedroom. You will need to be in the room balcony to get better reception if you do not wish to go to the restaurant or swimming pool area.

Febri’s Hotel is a 3-star hotel. Frankly, our facilities are not as nice as those in 4-star or 5-star hotels such as The Breezes at Seminyak or Aston Bali at Nusa Dua. I believe our price is much more affordable than higher-star hotels within the prime tourist areas.

If you plan to comeback to Bali again in near future, please feel free to contact me. I shall be more than happy to suggest where to stay for the budget you wish to spend and your expectation of a holiday destination should be.

PAULUS WIBOWO
Reviewed June 20, 2011

They don´t have any respect for the customers. We booked a room directly from the site of the hotel. Eventhough we had received a confirmation email, when we arrived at the reception, tired and hungry, they told us our room had been ocuppied by another family and they didn´t have any other rooms available. They offered us a much more expensive room in another of their hotel as an alternative and simply laughed at us after our justified complaints, as if that wasn´t their problem. If you realy want to stay there after all, have a backup plan.

• Stayed June 2011
9 Thank tomate86
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Mrs Tomate86 of Sao Paulo Brazil,

I am sorry to learn that you had to move to our boutique Green Garden Beach Resort after your arrival at Febri’s Hotel. Thank God that a room was available there as we are in the middle of our high season. I was shocked to read your review at the TripAdvisor and immediately made investigations with your booking status.

Regarding our hotel staff “laughed at you after your complaints, as if that wasn´t their problem”, I apologize if our staff were not to your expectation. Several receptionists and one of our reservations did their best they could in handling you. Kindly be reminded that there were many other guests waiting for their turn to be attended by the staff too when you loudly expressed your disappointment at the Reception.

Booking inquiries through the hotel’s website should not be perceived as CONFIRMATION. On the top page after you clicked the RESERVATION BUTTON outlines that confirmation is subject to room availability and our Reservations will email ASAP during office hours. Such reminder was again automatically displayed after booking details are transmitted. The website was simply providing full hotel details and a secure channel for information transmission (such as credit card details) because booking inquiries must be individually handled by our Reservation office. As also outlined the automatic response, our Reservation office is not open on Sunday and you must wait for their reply. Your booking inquiry was made on midnight Sunday. On Monday morning our Reservation responded with an offer to Green Garden Beach Resort because Febri’s did not have available room for the day you desired. Unfortunately, you did not reply at all, instead, arrived at the Febri’s expecting that you already had confirmed room in the hotel.

TripAdvisor has several booking agents for accommodation at Febri’s Hotel. If room is available, any of those agents provides instant confirmation through their booking engine. Just be reminded that their price is not the same as direct booking but this channel suits perfectly for last-minute booking without special request especially if you need instant confirmation.

I hope the above explains sufficiently and again I apologize for the inconvenience you went through.

PAULUS WIBOWO
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2011

great staff great hotel couldnt ask for better we all loved it cant wait to go back and stay longer

Room Tip: stayed in family room and triple room all excellet
3 Thank leeshan3