“Couldn't have been happier!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dewi Sri Hotel

Dewi Sri Hotel
Ranked #70 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Melbourne, Australia
“Couldn't have been happier!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

At first I didn't like the dewi Sri at all! My partner and I checked in very late at night to be put on the 'old' side up 3 flights of narrow and steep stairs to quite a small room and an even more questionable bathroom (I refused to be bare footed in there!) - we asked to be upgraded and the next day we moved to the superior rooms right near the pool. What a difference! The room was huge as was the shower! Very clean- I did find that house keeping came too early for my partner (not me I was already having breakfast!) but I would just put the do not disturb sign up and had no issues. One day I was sick and stayed in the room till about 5- went out for tea and when I came back everything was clean again! So close to everything but no complaints about the noise. People say this hotel is good if you want to party- well I didn't and I still found it great! As close as it is to the clubs (literally 2min walk) I slept like a baby every night and never heard a thing. The only thing they really need are extra umbrellas around the pool - although someone did go out and buy some when this was mentioned!
The security too are fantastic- they never checked us for anything so I don't know if that should worry me, but they did move my partners bike after he left it in the driveway and returned the helmet to our room!

Also, If you need a taxi- try 'made' who sits in the lane way in front of troppo. He was absolutely amazing and made me fall in love with the Balinese people. We took a day trip to lovina and back (about 11 hours) and it cost us $60(aus)! He stopped at all these places he thought we might like, took us to this gorgeous restaurant right on the beach and even picked us some fresh strawberries!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank aawhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times and heading back in two weeks for my forth stay. Since the Dewi Sri has been renovated the rooms are the best value for money ever. Small bar fridge topped up everyday with water and choccies.

The staff of Dewi Sri are so accommodating each time there has been three of us staying so the dewi sri set up another king single in our room and we all fitted with easy. The bathrooms are fairly large, with a normal toilet and basin and the showers are huge!!! so much room.. especially if you wake up the next morning with a famous bali hangover! :)

I love the location, so close to the night clubs, its a 150m walk and your in the action! So no worries about getting home at night.

You do have to walk up a alley way from the Kuta main road to get to dewi Sri, but I can ensure you its really safe. Be warned there is a few market stalls on this lane way that well try to rip you something chronic the first time you step out of Dewi Sri. The are very aggressive and get quite angry if you buy from other market stalls from other lanes e.g. poppies II. So what we would do is take a back pack with us when going shopping so we could put our shopping in the back pack and we would just tell them 'we are not buying today' and just kept walking.... try not to make any eye contact as they will psychically grab you by the arm and pull you into their stall.
But if you do decide to buy from just make sure you barter really well. Dewi Sri is basically there only source of income, so I do encourage buying from them... Just set a price you want something for and you may find in 2days they will ssay yes... just let them sweat a bit I guess.

If you have to much shopping for your backpack just grab a 'blue bird' taxi... these taxis are the most reliable in bali and start the meter at 30000rp when you jump in. other taxi services will try to start the meter at 10000rp upwards.

Back to the Dewi Sri, the swimming pool is long enough to do some short laps in especially in the morning. the swim up bar is awesome! The gardens of Dewi Sri are devine!! Dewi Sri is modern but has not lost its traditional bali feel/atmosphere.

Each morning room service comes around fills up your bar fridge, makes your bed gives you new towels. I normal leave out a 5000rp tip (which is less then 30c aud) for the room service boys and girls and by leaving them the tip they always roll my towles up in a arty way and leave pretty fangipanis around the room!

I have always stayed in a 'room around the pool' as they are the best location and in the mix with the people at the resort, there a apartment style building to the left which is away from all the main action happening in the pool area.

Once a week they have a balinesse guy come in for an hour or two and sing music with his guitar and he is also open to requests! Pretty cool if you are the bar or in the pool sipping on bintang!

Dewi Sri has saftey deposit boxes which are really safe! and all of your processions in your room are safe too Ive never had anything go missing.

Cleanliness of the complex and rooms I couldn't fault.

The breakfast is awesome just a buffet breakfast that goes from 7am - 11am. There is a cook you will cook you eggs anyway you like. you can ask for pancakes and they will be served to you at the table. Endless fruit. I didnt really like the juices, but needless to say most of the time I was pretty hungover.

The massage lady that works at dewi sri all day is incredable. Ive been an elite sports athlete for the last 10years and I can say I did expect her to be soothing and relaxing (to which I hate maassages like this) so I told her to go as hard as she could. and boy I was sore for three days after! she tried rubbing out all my swimmers knots! felt good after though!

the restaurant makes a mean pasta dish and BLT sanga! as well as a good milkshake

Last time I was there I got quite sick with Bali Belly because I had a coconut drink out at sunua and even when I was sick Mum was asking the staff of Dewi Sri how to make me better as we had to fly out the next day (Bali Belly - awesome way to get out of packing your own bag when mum is there) and the staff told mum what to buy and what I should be doing to get better and yea I was better in less than 24hours! phew!

Just an all round awesome spot, especially with those families taking young adults wanting to party. the location is close enough for us to walk to the party but further enough away to not hear a single thing. Its unbelievable how quite it is. Last trip I was there I met the manager of Sky Garden night club (balis biggest nightclub) as they use Dewi Sri to put up their international acts/DJs so if your lucky you might get to meet some famous acts! I met a couple last time and got invited out to party with them before their performance and hang in the VIP all night long!

All around I can not fault the dewi sri for service or for anything really! its awesome value for money. Cant wait to be back there in 2 weeks

Room Tip: Ask for a room around the pool, room 111 is the best!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank sillybee1990
Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I tagged along with a girlfriend on a family holiday so everything was arranged for me and I just turned up!
Normally I stay in Legian so this was my first Kuta based holiday. I think the location was in the hub of Kuta's cheaper nightlife, dinning and shopping. Whilst there was plenty of places to eat along Legian street I preferred when we ate in Legian or down near the discovery. It is the age old saying you get what you pay for!
I found taxi drivers (including our driver that picked us up from the airport) had no idea where this hotel was but if you said bomb momument or ground zero they knew exactly where to go.
On the first day we had a massage in the hit near the pool. I found it expensive and not totally enjoyable as the girls phones where going off and they'd answer them and other hotel stayers came over to book their massages. Out on Legian street a two minute walk we found at least 3 spa opened till midnight that were better value and more relaxing.
Breakfast was terrible. I hope you like last nights left overs and watered down cordial. We ate it twice in the 8 mornings we were there and went out for the rest (Starbucks is down the road)
I also found they came to clean the rooms very early (9:30-10) ok so it might not be early for some but for a hotel that services breakfast till 11am and for people like myself that like to relax and chill it was early. We put our privacy sign up every night.
Air con was ok, bed I couldn't complain about. Make sure to put all food away as lots of little ants seemed to come out of no where. Being in the hub of it all in Kuta whilst it is down a lane way I found it very noisy at night.
Safety deposit boxes are down in reception so not something everyone likes and you can't fit an iPad or laptop in them.
Food in the resturant or room service was decent, cocktails where good although I ordered a poolside one think it was be the same price as the others and it cost me $15aus which was more expensive than a cocktail at Potatoe Head!

All in all its a fine hotel for people who wish to be out and about and want a bed to crash in. The pool was the best part with the swim up bar and the service was on par with most of Bali standards.

Room Tip: Defiantly spend the extra money for the superior room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kira C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times now and it's like coming home every time I'm there. The staff are absolutely fantastic there...all of them. After arriving there late at night without luggage (thank you jetstar...not) and having been made to travel from Perth to Melbourne to Bali (once again thank you jetstar...not) we were very jaded. The staff were more than happy to give us extra supplies of soaps, shampoos, water...etc. They even lent me a phone charger until our luggage arrived (more than 24 hours after our arrival....thanks jetstar!!!) We now always choose the superior rooms as they are bigger and away from the noisy party goers. We have eaten at the restaurant many times or eaten pool side and the food is always spot on. Room service is terrific too. Great massages are to be had by the ladies in the cabana. The pool area is always well maintained and because it's a small hotel you get to know other guests who are always up for a chat. Staff are more than happy to arrange transport for you especially if you have a late flight home and taxis don't want to drive down Legion Street because of the congestion caused by the nightclubs. The hotel is very close to Poppies Lane 1 and 2 where you will find some great restaurants. I will definitely continue staying there whenever I go back to Bali. The Dewi Sri gets 5 stars from me.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Georgina B
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

If your wanting to travel to Bali for the night life and shopping in Kuta, then this hotel is a great place to stay :)
Although it has family rooms, I wouldnt reccomend it to familys, and the family rooms are located on the older side of the hotel, with all the cheaper standard rooms (Party side)

I travelled with a group of 18! We all stayed at this hotel :)
For some of us, it was leavers !

I stayed in a superior room as I got a free upgrade, being a travel agent helps you out some times :)
The rest of the gang stayed in the standard rooms, which was cleary the party side of the hotel, as there was always loud music, and late night party animals.

The pool is awesome :) Closes at 12pm, and the pool bar closes at 11pm, although I did think it was 24 hour bar. Guess not.

Breakfast was okay, different selections everyday, but we came to find that the eggs being cooked in the morning, out in the heat, made us all feel icky.
After we stopped eating the eggs from the egg station, we all felt much better.

Room service & mini bar were soo cheap!

Standard rooms are a bit run down, but you get what you pay for.
I would reccommend paying the little extra to be in the superior rooms :)

Room Tip: Pay the little extra to upgrade to a superior room. If your a family, dont stay here, unless you wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kelsey F
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been meaning to write a review about this great 3 star hotel that myself and my 2 brothers stayed for 6 nights in March 2011.

It is located less than 5 minutes from the Bali Memorial so you are right in the heart of it.

We stayed in a poolside room which was great. I have heard complaints that because of the 24 hour pool bar, it can be noisy, however we never found this to be the case.

We had breakfast daily which although not a buffet was just tasty and just right to start the day.

The rooms were basic but safe and had good air conditioning.

The staff were friendly.

On the last day we asked for a late check out which was absolutely no problem.

For a 3 star hotel, I would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank djjohnnycasino
geelong vic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

well once again the dewi sri didnt disapoint us we stayed here last year in march april an again in november 2012 the staff are the best nothing is any trouble there prices on meals are spot on the prices are so cheap for a family the rooms are clean the pool is well kept l would recomend this place to anyone .

Room Tip: we had ground floor again an my sons had 1st floor an our freinds had the new rooms (they payed mor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family