All reviews superior room family room swim up bar sky garden party goers night life late at night poppies lane rooms are clean bali holiday the hustle and bustle budget hotel great pool pool area is kuta beach clubs memorial
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Have just come back from staying at the Dewi sri for two weeks of the school holidays..I had visited this hotel years ago and got a great suprise when we arrived..The place had changed so much and it looks great..

We stayed in the older part in the old superior rooms..The teen girls had a room next door..We were in room 306..the room was nice and I never normally complain while in Bali but the roosters behind the room did keep us and the girls awake..The people in the room next door had changed rooms and they couldnt deal with it so we did too..We moved to room 408 in the old standard room part and we were ground floor..The room was a bit smaller but it was fine for us..We had a great view and the room was clean and comfortable...We were never up when it was time to clean the room but as soon as we had gone to breakfast the room was always done by the time we got back..Cant complain about the service and the staff were always very pleasant..

Breakfast was a bit hit and miss..some days there was breakfast we were interested in and others we stuck with toast..There wasnt Nes Cafe just bali coffee which I tried but needed the Nes Cafe fix so bring your own if you need it..We were always able to get a table no matter what time we had brekky..

Location was great having two teen girls with us..two doors down was an internet place and it only cost 4000 rup for 20mins..Walk down our alley way and you are in the heart of Kuta..All the clubs and restaurants you can walk to..Once in the hotel you were away from it all and didnt hear a sound..we found some really cheap and great restaurants within walking distance..

Overall we found nothing to complain about the girls loved the pool area with it and the restaurant open 24hrs you could take a swim in your own time..The ages of people varied widely and we never had a problem with the place being too loud or rowdy..I havent stayed in the middle of Kuta for years but was very suprised how much I enjoyed being in this hotel so close to everything..The teen girls loved it and we would definately stay here again for location, price it is a very nice 2.5 star hotel better than some much dearer hotels..The cleanliness and the atmosphere..The gardens are always being maintained and are lovely...

We had a great time and will be back..

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank DepartPerth
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed at the dewi sri with 7 of my friends, we went to get away from perth and PARTY PARTY PARTY. the dewi sri has the most amazing location! all the best clubs are a TWO MINUTE walk away at the end of the laneway along with some great tailors, resturaunts, markets and internet cafe's!

we stayed in standard twin rooms wich were basic, but fine for the purposes of our trip. it was clean, ice cold air con and comfy beds with a tv and shower/toilet facilities.
staff were really really lovely, and management put up with quiet a bit of drunkeness from my friends. the hotel has quiet a few young people staying there but also some families aswell. breakfast was basic but edible. and room service was good.

overall i would reccomend this hotel to young people/solo travellers/people on a tight budget. it is tremendous value for what you get. our rooms cost us only $32 a night each!
if i was to stay in kuta again i would definatley go back!

Date of stay: July 2011
6  Thank rubyredlips93
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We only needed to stay here for one night as we were in transit. I arrived midday ahead of my friend. When I saw the bustle of Jalan Legian, I didn't have high hopes for this hotel. But when the taxi turned into the little street, I was pleasantly surprised. This place was quiet and secluded despite the fact that the main road was just minutes away.

The standard room was alright and exactly as shown in the pictures.

Only complaint was that they mentioned we would have to pay to access the hotel wifi. That seemed a bit cheap of them.

2  Thank mojito_drinker
Reviewed June 29, 2011

When our taxi driver stopped outside a dusty old alleyway I was initially apprehensive of my stay at Dewi Sri Hotel. I could not see any signs saying "Dewi Sri Hotel" and it didn't seem as if a hotel was anywhere in sight. However, it turned out that we had been taken to the rear of the hotel; a short cut for the taxi driver.

Once the bellboy had unlocked the back gate and assisted us with our luggage through to the hotel, I quickly felt a sense of relief and awe. High bamboo fences boredered the grounds, which consisted of beautiful manicured gardens, water features, gazebos and a sparkling swimming pool and swim-up bar.

We stayed in a superior room, which I highly recommend because they have all been refurbished to such a high standard. The room was spacious, with a black Balinese tree design set amongst an orange feature wall. The bed was comfortable and all the furnishings were of a very high standard. Absolutely nothing budget about it.

The bathroom is also definitely worth a mention - very large with the biggest walk in shower I have seen in any Bali hotel. Water pressure and temperature was fantastic.

The rooms have nice big balconies, and ours overlooked the pool which was a bonus.

The swimming pool was crystal clear and very clean, and the staff at the swim-up bar were helpful and friendly. It is also open 24 hours. Don't be put off by that, as it is not the same "Bounty" crowd that you might expect. I found that the hotel guests were mixed, ranging from young couples and families to older people.

Room service, food and drinks is all extremely good value for money and very affordable.

The location is very convenient, a short stroll down the street and you are amongst the best clubs and bars Kuta has to offer, and at the top of the notorious Poppies Lane 2, which is great for market shopping. Follow Poppies Lane 2 down to the end and you will find the ocean and some nice restaurants.

For the very affordable price of around $75-$80 a night, Dewi Sri Hotel has blown many more expensive and commercial chain hotels out of the water. I 100% recommend it.

Room tip: Fork out the extra few dollars for a superior room
7  Thank Mitch P
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stayed at Dewi Sri hotel for 4 days, 3 night and I was pretty surprised by the overall service. Before I went there, I had read reviews on the hotel; both good & bad. So, I didn't had that much expectation since it is considered as only a budget hotel. Upon arriving, although the reception did not greet us immediately or quickly, I am still satisfy with their politeness, friendliness and spirit of service. The rooms which I got was pretty big and seriously, it doesn't look "budget" at all.. Overall the whole place was quite comfortable despite the variety for breakfast is pathetic but still fulling. Hotel staff is really friendly and willing to help. And the spa was not bad too.. Wifi is not free, need to buy.. My sleep quality was affected because my room was located near the home of a local where they have chicken. Was disturbed by the sound of chicken early in the morning. But if your room is further, it shouldn't be a problem.

The hotel is located in quite a strategic location because it is near to the bomb monument so, it's easy for you to get around & go back by just asking people where is the bomb monument. It has loads of bar, club around the area and Kuta Beach is within walking distance about 20 mins. Bali Taxi are also readily available but remember to only take "Bali Taxi", the one with a blue bird logo because it's more reputable & to also check whether the taxi has a meter that is on. Because I nearly got cheated & ripped off by a driver, so do check for that!

I think it is a hotel worth going & I would recommend there.

5  Thank YvonneTravels