Grand Barong Resort
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Satriya Cottages(Kuta)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslagoon poollagoon accessswim up barpoppies lane iiaccess roomnoisy at nightawesome poolmoney changerstayed here for nightsnight lifelegian streetgreat roomcentral locationmain poolbeachwalk malldeluxe roomsthe hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Hi guys ,we have just got back from bali on the 20th March 2012, and we where booked in at the barong for 5 nights.Getting to the Barong at 11.30 pm we where taken to our room. OMG the door open to our room and the smell of dampness was just to much,but theres more, I went to the so called bathroom / toilet there was still sameone elses poo in the bowl and the shower waste was blocked with god knows what and with in 10 min in the bed you could feel the bed bugs starting to feed on your body ,by 11.00 the next morning we had booked in to the Satriya around the corner on Poppies 2 and was so beautiful. Im not stuck up or clean freak just an average joe,so guys just give it a miss.

Room Tip: Just Dont Do It!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

First time at this hotel and this were introduced and warned by friends who was there recently. I've booked a superior room that was on the promotion rate that stay 4 but pay for 3nights. My planed was there for 5nights but over all i ended up stayed for 2nights. My first night arrived there with my partner about 2am in the morning, the hotel staff advised me that there was someone stuffed up the booking, we ended up didn't get our superior room or something and anything that might looks similar to the pictures are showing on the agoda website when you are about to book the hotel. They offered something else with 3 single beds with loop in the middle of the beds and what's with the mouldy bathroom and peeling off paint everywhere inside the room, sewage smell all over the room and gozzz noisy as but mind you this room was on second floor. Well, that didn't went well because we've arrived late and they just gave our room to someone else..it was so unprofessional!. what is the point of reservation for the room? We had requested the hotel of change room, and after we started to look for a new hotel by the next morning. we ended up wasted so much time on looking and searching for the new hotel. Which made me feeling sick and exhausted. 2nights of unbelievable and unforgettable experiences taught me that backup planed for the hotel are handy, please be prepares and research your way around because 5 days trip to Bali its shouldn't be wasted on some silly thing like staying at the worst hotel with high prices.

Room Tip: try to request for the rooms at the front of the block. those rooms are newly demolished but party stage and pool bars are open 24hrs that located central of the building and you might have to consider that before your booking. Not suitable for family with young children!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have stayed here twice, first time was with my elderly parentsm not suitable at all as we were given a top floor room and there are only stairs available, some years later travelled with a friend and was sadly disappointed, the rooms were Very tired and shabby, we had booked a Superior room but were put into a tiny standard room,when we complained we eventually got the correct room 3 days later, the Breakfast was fresh and ample, the pool bar was pleasant and overall the hotel is very pretty on the outside, It is when you enter the rooms however that you gt a shock, I certainly will not return again

Room Tip: if you want a good room go elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sandii64
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed one night here, but I find out it wasnt my place. For party people, its excellent - but am finished with the big parties. It is 30 sec walk from my room to the 24 hours open Poolbar - and yeas, Poolbar are very nice, and in this place, its 2 of them !!

Room Tip: Look for a partyplace ? This is the best !!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JanHaugesund_Norway
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Location of the hotel is good, minutes away from Kuta beach and from all the bars.
The rooms could do with a little TLC, but were clean and comfortable.
The gardens and pool are nice....breakfast is OK and the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family