“Very nice place close to town” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bali Sorgawi Hotel
Ranked #166 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Very nice place close to town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

This hotel was booked for me by my Mum who was worried about my safety staying alone until friends arrived. They picked me up from the airport and also had a reasonably priced transfer service back to the airport when you leave. My room was spacious,clean and had a private bathroom. The breakfast in the morning was also yummy with both western or Asian options to choose from (all included). They staff were friendly and the hotels location was both close to the beach and the main road (for shopping). All up this place was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

After finding this place on the internet and exchanging emails to confirm bookkings, I was shocked when Roman actually rang me in Australia as he had trouble emailing me. i knew then that I had made the right decision.
On arrival in Bali at midnight our 2 drivers from the hotel were there to collect us. Even though they spoke no English both were eager to please. Once we got to the hotel we were greeted by the reception staff and the obligatory welcome drink of juices. A simple aside from me saying I could really go a beer saw one of the boys helping with the luggage reach into the fridge and pass me an ice cold beer. To this day I don't know if he worked there or what as I was never billed for the three beers that night and the manager was surprised when I gave him money for them a couple of days later.
The hotel was basic as I knew it would be but made up for it in cleanliness and freindliness. All the staff were always there with a smile and notning was to much trouble. Part of our group stayed at the much more upmarket hotel directly across the road (No names) and the stories of things going wrong and not being fixed were horrific. Plus I was paying1/2 price for my Bintangs compared to them.
I would reccomend this place to anyone wanting a good clean hotel without the frills but with plenty of smiles.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rixingle
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

As we are only staying for a night, so we just settle at Sorgawi after reading all the reviews from past travellers here. Hotel cleanliness was average, basically there is only a bed, dressing table, cupboard and a small TV in the room. Spotted a medium size lizard on the ceiling in our room. Luckily we are not afraid of lizards. Breakfast was very simple but it doesn't taste very terrible also. Overall, for the price that we paid it was still worth to stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

we stayed here for 2 days in early june, really good spot. right in the middle of kuta, easy walk to the beach and all the main shopping streets. they arranged an airport pick-up, the room was really clean and with air-con and fridge included and there was a balcony you could escape to also. breakfast was standard eggs and toast, service was very friendly though, would definatly recommend the place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed at the Bali Surgawi (Note - tell your taxi driver that its called Surgawi and not Sorgawi as he took us all the way to Tuban and charged us 100,000 Rupiah before dropping us off at Poppies Lane!) for 2 weeks in late March and i really cant rate the hotel and its staff highly enough.

Located at the end of Legian Street and offset from the street there is no noise whatsoever, with only a 10 / 15 minute snail pace stroll past numerous good bars and restaurants to the main clubs of Kuta (Bounty, Paddies, Discoteque and Sky Gardens), or a 5 minute air con taxi for 10,000 rupiah! (under £1).

The pool area itself is immaculate, the pool always has clean fresh water but there was only 3 sunbeds...which was ok as the hotel was so quiet when we were there and we pretty much had the pool and pool area to ourselfs the entire time we were there.

The rooms were very good value for money...cleaned daily by friendly staff, good air con, enough storage, large kingsize bed and at all times felt so safe and secure that i even transfered all my important belongings from the reception security deposit boxes to my room.

The staff were absolutely superb, what sums them up is the friendly banter about english football, serving us cold beer by the poolside to even refunding us our money when we paid for an hour of internet access and only used 15 minutes.

If i was going back to Kuta i would absolutely stay here again, superb value for money, location is excellent, staff fantastic, rooms thoroughly cleaned everyday, pool was so refreshing....overall superb value for money - if i paid double of what i did then i still would be extremely impressed!!!

Room Tip: Taxi note - its called Surgawi and not Sorgawi
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank GHoggy
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Location was great for our 2 night stopover - close to Legian Street shops and places to eat.
We had 3 people (an extra bed) in the room which was very squishy so I would not recommend that if you are staying for any longer than us.
Breakfast was simple (a choice off the menu of eggs and toast, noodles etc plus juice/coffee/tea) but definitely adequate for a budget hotel.
Airconditioning in the rooms was very good.
Pool was nice though not many chairs to sit on around the pool.
Bathroom was clean although it is VERY basic - just a toilet with space for a shower in front of the toilet.
We booked though hotelclub and had no problem.
All in all a fantastic place to stay if you are on a budget and want value for money as well as a good location close to shops/food.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We rented 6 rooms, 2 rooms with extra bed. Bathroom in the room I live smells bad, when I give information to the receptionist's response was beyond expectations, they only bring insect spray, saying that the possibility of odor coming from the septic tank is full. Rooms occupied by my cousin had flooded, possibly from the fridge, but once again they gave negative response. Because we take a tour package that has been paid advance we were forced to succumb to stay there.

Restaurant staff was disappointing, they served us with no friendly, but the funny thing is they treat foreigners with very friendly and full of smiles.

3 days we spent at the hotel without a collar hospitality of the staff of the restaurant and forced to watch how they have great respect for foreign tourists and domestic tourists are treated the exact opposite.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank BlackPearl9663

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Grand La Walon Hotel
Amaris Hotel Lebak Bene - Kuta
Waringin Homestay
Waringin Homestay
#111 of 250 in Kuta

Been to Bali Sorgawi Hotel? Share your experiences!