Ive just got back from an 8 day stay here with my partner and three other friends.
The grounds are lovely which are well presented and well kept. Little touches such as squirels kept and fed in the trees and the water feature in the reception which you could get messages put in were just some of the lovely touches.
The pool was nice and I didnt see any problems besides that maybe it could be cleaned a bit better as the tiles were a bit slimey and I got mould on my bathers from rubbing against them. Also there arent really enough lounge chairs for the amount of people at the hotel which was a bit annoying.
The room was nice but could do with a bit of an upgrade (we stayed on the second floor). The bathroom was also nice enough but I was a bit dissapointed that my friends who paid the same amount had baths in their bathrooms and we only had a shower.. but no biggie.
The hotel was right accross the road from the beach which was good for my bf who loves to surf.
The staff were all really friendly and always said hi or were willing to help.
The downfalls of the hotel though wernt big but enough to get annoying after a while such as:
- There was only one key which got annoying having to constantly worry about checking at the desk and getting locked out etc
- The price of drinks were outrageous... $10 for a vodka and orange juice and that was without the service charge, and just for a milkshake $5, $5 for a bintang (which you get for $2 everywhere else) which would be ok for Australian standards but not for Bali.
- The aircon in our room was never super cold, although our friends room was always really cold
- When checking out they "forgot" to mention the $100 AUD deposit which we had to pay as a deposit.... If everyone has to pay a deposit how could you forget standard procedure
- Dont bother exchanging money at the hotel... There its $9200 RPH at an authorised exchange such as a Kodak shop was $10200 RPH for $1 AUD. It just seemed like everything at the hotel was a rip of.
- Twice our power went out whilst staying there, which only seemed to be in our block at the hotel(400)
- The bathroom did have a slight bad smell to it sometimes, and everytime we used the shower we had to turn it on 10 minutes before we went in as it took this long to heat up.. the water pressure was then hard but there was not much of it.. This seemed to not be the same in our friends room so maybe we just got a dud room..
Overall the hotel wasnt too bad I did verge on 3/4 but decided on 4 as I would probably stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali as a four star hotel with excellent location on Kuta's superb beach - offers convenience, relaxation and some of the best surfing in the world, just a few step from your door. You just need around 15 minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Ariprot. Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali is within walking distance to international shops of Kuta Square, entertainment venues of Jalan Legian, Poppies Lane and next to the biggest shopping center in Bali - Beachwalk. Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali has 150 renovated rooms that consist of Superior Room Upper Floor, Superior Room Ground Floor, Deluxe Room, and Garden Suite, which is sets in 1.7 Hectares of lush tropical gardens for your delightful Bali accommodation. All rooms and exterior spaces reflect the charm and fascination of Bali. As the Balinese style hotel, Grand Istana Rama has a stunning Samudera Restaurant, 69 Tequila Bar, and Ayodya Pool Bar. Samudera Restaurant offers Balinese and International cuisine, with a tropical ambiance. Wherein,for music lovers you can enjoy our live entertainment and sunset session with signature cocktails at 69 Tequila Bar. Grand Istana Rama Hotel features four Meeting Rooms that can cater for up to 30 - 250 attendees for conferences, gatherings, meetings, and weddings. Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali as the endlessly happening hotel offers you the long lasting memories during your holiday in Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Istana Rama Kuta
- Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali Kuta