“nice room, great breakfast”

Ramada Bali Sunset Road Kuta
Ranked #175 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“nice room, great breakfast”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

(+)
- cozy bed and pillows
- toilet amenities --> they provide hair dryer in the toilet (i do need this one :D)
- variety of delicious breakfast menu
- (since i used groupon promo, i got privilege free lunch / dinner for 2 persons for 1 day) they offered 2 varieties of menu for this privilege, fried rice and spaghetti. we ordered those two menus, and both taste good!
- beautiful roof pool
- KHRISNA just across the street!
- if you use groupon promo like i did, they serve free airport transfer (pick up / drop off). we were using the pick up service and the driver was so nice :) though there was a lil bit miscommunication between the driver and the hotel staff (the hotel staff asked him to pick us from international departure, so we were waiting for him for about 20 mins while he was waiting for us at the wrong gate :D)
- friendly staff

(-)
- i got there at 11 AM. we already knew the rule that we have to check in at 2 PM. so we didnt mind to wait for 3 hours. but at the time we got back there (exactly 2 PM), they said that the room was ready but still needed to be checked by the SPV--who were on his/her lunch break. so we waited for approximately 15 mins to be allowed to enter our room. since we had been waiting for 3 hours to check in, we were feeling a little bit uncomfortable with this.
- no chairs at balcony
- they asked me IDR 200.000 for deposit money and said it was needed in case i shopped from mini bar..........but the mini bar was empty :)
- far from the beach.
- may be it doesn't always happen--but the AC in my room was leaking.( i didnt complain or report this to the staff anyway :( )

Room Tip: the deluxe room, with balcony.
2 Thank Theresia S
artana k, General Manager at Ramada Bali Sunset Road Kuta, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear treyz86,
It is great to have your review shared via TripAdvisor. This is paramount for us to hear from our guests who are willing to let us know things that need to be improved. We really appreciate it.
I have shared among our team members on our briefing points that you have mentioned here. They have been beneficial points for us to focus and our team realized how helpful they are to assist their daily routine.
We hope this experience will not deter you to return stay with us and we are striving to get things better ahead. Not to forget, we all look forward to your next stay with us where other great things await you at Best Western Premier Sunset Road.

Komang Artana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel several months ago. After a short flight to bali we were welcomed by friendly staffs and welcoming drinks.
It was pretty nice to have a comfort room with minimalist design and also a balcony outside with direct view to the pool below my room.
The room itself a little bit too small with some furnitures so maybe less is more i think.
And for the breakfast it was not fulfill my expectations because there's no much variant of the menu buffet.

• Stayed April 2014
artana k, General Manager at Ramada Bali Sunset Road Kuta, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Claudia_Renate8,
We really appreciate your comment shared via TripAdvisor. It helps us in noticing areas for improvement such us our breakfast. I have shared to our F&B teams as part of our improvement.
We are always glad to receive such feedback and this is the way for us to be better in recognizing our guests' expectation. Thank you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I stay here for 4 days / 3 nights recently. The rooms was just as normal hotel standard. The air-cond was leaking from the 1st day we arrived and maintenance repaired but it was leaking again after 2-3 hours with the dripping noise. We informed again the next day but maintenance came and did something to the air-cond, but again is leaking which goes till the day we checkout. Overall was just fair. But we had a good time at the SPA. The guy (Mufti if I am not wrong) was very informative. He is an asset to your hotel. If not him, we may have look for alternative. Breakfast was below expectation. The restaurant staff are not friendly. Table mat, fork, spook & knife is dirty and stained. Also got ants on the table.

4 Thank FranChan888
Dear FranChan888,
It is always great to receive such feedback where we could make improvement on our services and facilities when our guests share their stay experience, like yours. We really appreciate it.
Your feedback has been well noted and I have shared directly to our related department head to look into the point you have experienced.

I hope this experience will not deter you to return stay with us and we look forward to having the next opportunity to be better.

Best regards,
Komang Artana

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Awesome experience at Best Western Premier Sunset Road. Transport from airport to hotel was waiting for us when we arrived. We were served welcome drinks and waited a good 15 minutes for check-in but was pleasantly surprised with the free room upgrade. Deluxe room wasn't that big but good enough. Everything was compact and well-placed. Our room was on 2nd floor which was nice and quiet. Air conditioning took awhile to cool but worked out well.

Staff was ultra-friendly from the point I corresponded with them via email to arrange for a surprise birthday cake for my missus. Had dinner the first night and they brought out the cake and sang Happy Birthday! (y) Rented a bike from the hotel at 60000 rp, although slightly more expensive but worth the convenience (comes with full tank of gas too). Good to travel by bike if you're experienced rider as the traffic can be horrendous. Just 10 minutes to the beach or pubs around legian and seminyak.

Daily breakfast was ok with same variety each morning. Krisna Oleh Oleh is just across the street with many souvenirs to choose from. Further up the road is Wahaha pork ribs, after Mcdonald's.

We liked it so much and wanted to extend our stay but was told there was no vacancy. On the day we're supposed to leave I checked on agoda.com and there were rooms available! Alas it was too late as we've checked in to our flights. I understand that the rooms may be reserved for the online sites but maybe the staff could recommend the guests who would like to extend their stay to lookout for these sites if they don't have rooms readily available (just my 2 cents). Otherwise great service from the staff!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor for nice and quiet stay.
1 Thank Onsy N
Dear Onsy N,
Thank you for your great compliment! We are all very glad to read your review and feel very much appreciated. One point we will improve based on your feedback is about getting details information from our reception when guest would like to extend their stay. Thank you for this great feedback.

We look forward to your return stay with us.

Warmest regards,
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went there yesterday, meeting up some friends for a lunch meeting. We all enjoyed the great ambiance of Angsoka Lounge on the 3rd level of the hotel. One of our friends who is Chinese from S’pore recommended us to try “Hainan Chicken Rice” which was acclaimed as the most compulsory cuisine from either Singapore or China. We all went for that Chinese food. At first, I wasn’t quite sure that I’m gonna like the food because I’m more in to roasted chicken than boiled chicken, but when it came on to my table, I was shockingly surprised. The chicken is very clean and looks very fresh. On the side we have 2 different sauces “Ginger sauces and Chili Sauce” plus a bowl of “chicken Soup”. We started eating and my first comment was “Damn!, it’s so nice”. Even the rice itself tasted like chicken. This Hainan Chicken is very rich of flavors. I’m happy to put this dish on to my top list of Chinese Foods. And not to forget mentioning the “Angsoka Lounge”, it is a great place for a lunch meeting. We planned to come back again for our next lunch meeting.

About the Hotel, I haven’t got a chance experiencing this place. But it looks very nice with luxury design. This hotel also has a very nice rooftop terrace restaurant with nice swimming pools on the side. It is good for corporate gathering or even Wedding. According to a friend who’s staying in the hotel, the room is very clean and well serviced. The staffs are very helpful and friendly. Speaking about Hotel staff, not so many places have security staff with great manner. So even from the entrance of the hotel, you can feel the warm welcome from the security staffs. I liked it when people smile at me first before asking me any question. And I found it here at Best Western Sunset Premier Sunset Road, Bali.

The location of this hotel is only 5 minutes drive from Kuta Beach, Legian Beach and about 15 minutes to Airport.

Room Tip: My friends stayed at Junior Suite and They Loved it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank aditralfath
artana k, General Manager at Ramada Bali Sunset Road Kuta, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear aditRalfath,
There is no other words we could say: WOW and THANK YOU! We are so glad to receive your compliment and I have shared to my staffs during today briefing: make them so happy about it.
We hope that your next visit will be filled with better experience.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Three of us stayed there for 9 days during April 2014 and found it very enjoyable. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Our room was cleaned every day which was fantastic to come back to after a full day of activities. We stayed in the junior suite which I highly recommend. It had a king size bed in one rm and a double in the other. There was a TV in the main bdrm & lounge and plenty of space to move. Bathrm was a decent size and they restocked everything on a daily basis.

Breakfast was on the rooftop - friendly staff, decent variety and plenty of it. Eggs cooked on demand.

Room service - available 24hrs, fast delivery, decent food

Location - it's about 5mins from Kuta's main shopping area so we used shuttles & taxi's all the time. Taxi's cost $3-$5 and the hotel has a free shuttle going to Kuta 3 or 4 times a day. I believe they also have a free shuttle to Seminyak which is about 15mins away but we didn't use it.

They have a pool on the rooftop and one on the ground floor which has a swim up bar. Not many people were swimming when we were there and it closes at 8pm. It was a pity it didn't stay open for longer because it was usually closed by the time we got back but it was certainly hot enough to swim.

Restaurant in the lobby was decent but as with most hotels, a bit expensive. (compared to what you get in shopping area's - it's actually cheap compared to Australia lol)

All and all we enjoyed our stay, we had no problems and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
artana k, General Manager at Ramada Bali Sunset Road Kuta, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Tracey B,
Wow, so happy to read your compliment! Our team is so glad to know it after I shared it on our briefing. This means a lot for us and motivates us to do better.

Thank you again for your compliment and we all look forward to your next stay with us at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Sunset Road Kuta.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

we booked into the Best Western Premier Sunset Road Junior Suite via internet. We were met with a glass of iced juice and shown to our room.
First impressions were a little disappointing. The hotel reminded me of a block of flats. The two bedroom suite which would fit three people consisted of a two seater uncomfortable lounge, so if 3 people were to occupy the room there was no place for the third person to sit. Beds were comfortable. We had to ask for a table and chairs for the balcony as there was no place to sit, it was explained to us that for safety reasons chairs were not provided to prevent children from climbing. (Valid point). A microwave is provided, however there is no plates or cutlery. No DVD player is provided in these rooms. We discussed our issues with the General Manager who was only to happy to provide us with chairs, a loan DVD player and plates for our room.
We ate in the restaurant the first two nights and were disappointed at the little food you got for the expensive price of the food. Breakfast was always good.
The location of the hotel means you are waiting approximately 15 minutes for a taxi and if you use the drivers associated with the hotel, beware of the extreme prices they charge you. This was also raised with the General Manager who was unaware that this was happening.
We found it very hard to communicate with staff at the front counter due to language barriers. If your new to Bali, the front counter staff do not explain that there is a shuttle bus that takes you into Kuta, or the many other things you can do in Bali.
Even though the General Manager went out of his way to rectify all our concerns, I personally don't think I would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal305
Dear Crystal305,
On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for your great feedback. We are glad to have you with us, but unfortunately you have left with inconvenience experience. I am glad to meet up with you at the lobby where you shared with us your experience such as the over priced of taxi from that the hotel works with. For this matter, I have had a meeting with the taxi organizer mentioning the issue raised by our guests and to provide them feedback to review their pricing. In addition, we have directly shared all your feedback and comment to our team during our briefing where improvement is required on points mentioned here.

I fully understand the inconvenience you have experienced and I hope we could get the next chance to serve you better with us at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Sunset Road.

Best regards,
Komang Artana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Ramada Encore Bali Seminyak
#98 of 338 in Kuta
H Sovereign Bali
H Sovereign Bali
#74 of 338 in Kuta

Been to Ramada Bali Sunset Road Kuta? Share your experiences!