“Hidden paradise”

Villa de daun
Ranked #5 of 202 Specialty Lodging in Kuta
“Hidden paradise”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Villa De Daun is one of those places you will want to come back to... And if, like me, you find yourself there on your own, you certainly will want to come back with that someone special! Attention to detail, warm, welcoming and friendly service, dreamlike surroundings, complete privacy, and a sense of really being looked after are all things which made my (too) short stay at Villa De Daun one I will remember for a long time. The little attentions you get upon arrival go a long way (cool face towel to refresh, herbal infusion, free 30 minute balinese foot ritual,...). You will have your own dedicated villa staff to attend to your every need. You can even organise for your own private chef to cook a meal for you by your private pool! And what to say about the luxurious bathtub filled with rose petals... Definitely on my list of places to visit again!

Room Tip: Most rooms are one bedroom pool villas - you cannot go wrong
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Love the villa very much! with a very lovely poor! My husband and I had a very good honeymoon time there. Staff were very considerate, and breadfast is good! And they offered a pick-up from the airport for free. When i arrived, thier starr offered us cool towel which made us feel relaxed. also, they gave us a free half-hour foot message.I will go to Villa De Daun Hotel again if I visit Bali!!

Room Tip: I lived in villa 11 and I felt the it's good. the pool is big.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Once again we enjoyed a magical 10 days at our most special place in Bali. Everyone says it is like coming home when they return to Bali but in this case it truly is, like coming home.

The sense of warmth, genuine happiness from the Staff when they greet you when you first arrive to the minute they wave you off at the end of your stay is something that you do not get at any other place, and we have been to a few.

The villas are perfect, each one different but everyone of them gorgeous.

As this is our fourth review it is hard for me to find something else to say about Villa De Daun that I have not said before.

So once again I will repeat myself, the villas perfect, the location perfect, the Management perfect and most of all the Staff, PERFECT !!!!!!

See you again next year

Ibu Karen and Bapak Ian

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is like a little hidden paradise, especially if you still enjoy the hustle and bustle of Bali, it's right on your doorstep but as soon as you walk into the villas you're away from it all.
Rooms are lovely, very clean and the property is well kept.
Spa is beautiful, food is good and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Will be recommending to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived at the airport about 5.00pm and were greeted by the driver form the Villa. He carried our luggage to his car, where he gave us cold face towels and bottled water - a nice start to what was to become an excellent holiday. The Villa's are hidewen away at the end of a 100m lane off Jalan Legian, no noise from the busy street. Upon arrival the staff couldn't do enough for us. Each Villa is very private, contained within high walls and plenty of shade. The view from every room is over your own pool. Breakfast was served beside the pool at a time set by us, by very polite and friendly staff, always willing to chat. Afternoon tea was provided daily either in the Villa or the restaurant. Talking to the staff refects their pride in the complex. One comment was that "we are very proud of the Villa's, but we pride ourselves on our service". Cannot really say enough about Villa De Daun - a must stay in Bali. This was about our 10th Bali holiday, we will definately return to Bali's little secret.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

You have written to me stating that my last review re Villa de daun was not succesful due to lack of materials. As pointedc out . I fully reviewed de daun previously. My main concern for travellers this time was to point out the problem of not being put off by the tremendous building either side of the road to the approach to the main entrance to De daun. It really is very scary to any one at first sight. I reitarate. Do not be put off. Douglas A.S.Higginson.

Room Tip: I say again. All rooms are of first class condtions. I chose Room 188 on two ocassions as it was n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas H
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The villa complex is very quiet although there was a hotel construction in front of it.
The ambience and the atmosphere in the complex is very homy,
The most satisfying thing is our butler (Bli Andre), whom try his best to fulfill our needs.
I got a diarrhea just before I arrived at VDD and asked our butler to buy a medicine for me. Surprisingly he asked about my disease and gave me 3 tablets of "Imodium". Eventhough the medicine can't cure my diarrhea, but it was still very pleasant. The next day, we also get dropped by VDD's car to the nearest hospital with no extra charge.
The last thing is the spa (Dala Spa) which is very good and every theraphy rooms has its own design.

Room Tip: Villa Mawar no 8 is good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#10 of 199 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews

Been to Villa de daun? Share your experiences!