“Great coffee, but I class this place as a tourist trap”

Domba Coffee Factory
Ranked #38 of 56 Coffee & Tea in Kuta
Description: We are a coffee roaster, wholesaler, exporter and coffee shop service since 1998. Located at one of the premium area in Bali, Kuta area, we do export our products to certain countries, such as Singapore, Taiwan, China, Australia and many others. Please come and enjoy the authentic Premium Luwak Coffee.
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Both me and my girlfriend are coffee lovers and whenever we are on holiday we try to seek out great cafes, shops and tours.

This is an impressive operation. Sourcing there beans ethically and processing them with quality results in mind.

Unfortunately this place is a bit of a trap for coffee lover like myself, after a very very brief walk through of the facilities with a loose description of process and no real attention to the finer details. You will be whisked into a tasting room, along with the entrance this coffee is free. It's brewed with a V60, and was very tasty.

Though before you get an opportunity to finish your small sample, the selling pitch starts. This "make you feel awkward" strategy is common for many coffee attractions in Bali. Since the quality and ethics were evident I purchased some beans, but they were majorly overpriced.

Domba also sells wild Luwak coffee, but the price was insanely high, over 5 times more expensive then certified wild luwak brands in the nearby Carrefour supermarket.

At the end you will be guided through a massive and pricy gift shop. Which just sums up the "In, quick sale and out" experience.

If you know your stuff you definitely won't learn anything new.

1  Thank Samm12321

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Good place to away from routine. This small place is really peaceful and clean, the coffee is good but too strong for me lol. The staff was nice.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

It was my random stop at Domba Coffee, and I was surprised with their coffee, especially their PEABERRY Coffee. Best coffee in Bali!

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

I had a leisurely stroll in the International Plaza in Singapore when I came across Domba. A cute, neatly arranged store and a friendly face invited me un for a cup of pure Arabica. It was heavenly to taste freshly brewed coffee, just the aroma was soooo good. Julie Tan (sorry if I got the name wrong) runs this place and Domba (sheep in Bahasa, as Julie explained) was about a relative of hers who was a 'lost sheep' until he discovered the coffee beans in Indonesia. You can buy them freshly ground. Try a cup. It's worth your while. Thanks to Julie and the kind staff who made my 'killing time' a pleasure.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

My tour guide told us that the best luwak coffee can be bought here, the best among the rest, so pure but so expensive. So we passed through a brief orientation and took this rare chance of seeing how was it done. We saw how they grinded and packed it up close right at our very eyes separated by a glass wall, in a closed door and cleaned room, it was really pure. No other ingredients added. There was free tasting session. Convincingly we were made to order 2 variety packs, the stronger Bali coffee and the light tasting Luwak coffee. We paid a hefty 1.7Million rupiah to pay a pack good for 30cups serving Luwak coffee. They even handed us certificate. The small plant producing coffee was of world class standards, we witnessed how they handled the products carefully, very hygienic and meticulously.