“average, not what I expected...”
Review of The Seri Suites

The Seri Suites
Ranked #139 of 283 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The breakfast facilities are poor. Breakfast is below what I expected.
The room is not very clean, there was a rat in my bathroom.....
Overpriced.
Rooms are big.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank opbokken
There are newer reviews for The Seri Suites

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I checked out the review on Trip Advisor before deciding to book with Seri Suites. I booked the 2 bedroom villa as there were 4 of us travelling. This is my 3rd time to Bali and having stayed at Uma Sapna & Kokonut Suites, I have to say that Seri Suites is disappointing.
We had expected a villa with 2 bedroom, together, as we wanted to watch the World Cup. Having read the room description in the website, I didn't expect that the bedrooms are not inter-connected. Basically, the upstairs bedroom is connected by another flight of staircase outside of the ground floor bedroom. After watching the world cup, my 2 friends had to make their way out of our room and up to their room.
Overall, the villa needs some sprucing up. The sink in the bathroom is very dirty and the toilet is in danger of toppling over. There are a lot of mosquitoes in the bedroom too.
The bathroom towels smell nice. Think its the detergent they use. However, the same cannot be said of the pillow case, which smells.
The only saving grace for the hotel is that they have friendly and helpful staff. This is the first time that I've booked a hotel based on the review on trip advisor and it was not what we expected.
Most probably, we won't try this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank travel_7199
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights in March 2010. The first thing I'd say is that it's not like what you see on the website or Splendia. It's totally different. The property is quite shaded and the rooms are all down a narrow garden pathway. The rooms themselves are great - massive and lounge area and good beds and bathrooms. It's four star definitely in terms of standard. The pool was a bit of a disappointment to be honest - it is in the shade for much of the day and is a bit grotty. It's clean but kind of run down looking - much more 2 than 4 star down at the end. It's a chilled atmosphere throughout - we had the pool to ourselves one day which was nice. The masseurs the hotel sent down were great and it's very cheap. Full marks to front of house staff for being very friendly and charming. We never used the free taxi service as it is at odd times but taxis are cheap and not a problem. We did like the food too - breakfasts were great and the staff again lovely. It's just a shame this place is let down by the pretty shabby pool area or it could be brilliant. I wouldn't stay again but that's not down to them but the location - I prefer being in seminyak centre, near to jl laksmana which is the main shopping / bar street. A nice calm stay though here. I don't know what the charming balinese village they refer to is though - I didn't see one! It's just a quiet country street and lots of stray dogs!

Reviewed December 22, 2009

Jane and her staff really offer a great product in terms of value and personal attention. Big applause.
The rooms are really spacious and elegantly decorated, the pool is an oasis and the staff an asset.
Ok, it's a bit out of the way, but with such cheap taxis in Bali, in addition to the free shuttle, it's worthy to stay in such a relaxing area than in the crowded near the beach area.
Thank you all for a fantastic holiday. Hope to see you soon again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tripdreamer1975
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My wife and i stayed here for 3 days. we found the staff very friendly and helpful. The apartment have been designed to suit every travellers' needs. It is also well-equipped with galley-style kitchens. i would certainly want to be there again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackBukitBatok
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I have been to Bali many times and I found The Seri Suites - Umalas by luck. It is a beautiful peaceful place to stay.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are great - big bath etc, the pool is good ( not huge or grand ) but simple and very nice ! The room is always cleaned beautifully. The bed was comfortable, good aircon, the balcony a beautiful place to sit and read...... The rates where very reasonable too !

I stayed in the suit right next to the pool and it was a delight ! I highly recommend the The Seri Suites - Umalas if your looking for a place near Kuta and the beach.

Happy Travels.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank LizBonney
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed at the Umalas Seri Suites in one of the suites with a kichen. We stayed 2 weeks and saw all of the island but each night made it back to our comfortable room. The living area is open to the outside but the bedroom is airconditioned. The staff is so kind and went out of their way to make our stay the best. It is great as they have a shuttle that took us to the Bingtang maket, Double 6 beach, among other places. The owner, Jane, is full of knowledge and willing to share information to help you out. Our stay was so great, we have decided to live in Bali for the next year. We move there Aug 2009. Great quiet place, loved it!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple