“a very beautiful place to visit with your family and friends.”

Wina Holiday Villa Hotel
Ranked #88 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Wina Holiday Resort is located in the beautiful city Bali - a very beautiful place to visit with your family and friends. I ws on a 4 day package from Viabali.com – who deal in bulk and give discounts on packages.The wina resort is located in the middle of the city and this resort is just 15 minutes drive from the ngurah international airport and it is very near to the world famous kuta beach.

It’s a five star resort which means this resort is expensive one but it’s worth staying there because you will feel like a king there. I stayed 4 days in this resort This resort is sea facing. I stayed in deluxe room which has all the modern facilities like a/c, flat screen TV, and mini bar.

Bathroom is very clean and they cleand my room twice a day which is very good point generally in all hotels they clean room only once a day. There ws a restaurant ‘legenda Malaysian’ food garden I actually don’t like there food but sea food was awesome but it’s little expensive and

hotel has 2 bar the location of beji bar was amazing where I enjoy my drinks under palm tree and natural breeze. The staff of the hotel is good they always smiling and I give them some tip as well.

My room was just five minute away from the beach. I take masstherapy it was very good and I totally relaxed there and enjoyed with my family. Gym and swimming pool is also there in the hotel. The water of the swimming pool is as clear as crystal. Gym is fully equipped and the trainer was good. Banquet and meeting room were also there for marriages and conference meeting and this is a decent time to go there and enjoy and I think this was the best resort that I have seen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank vikarambhardwaij
Holiday V, Manager at Wina Holiday Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for the elaborate comments. We are delighted to have you as our valued guest and we appreciate your time and efforts in giving us your feedback. It was heartening to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with your family and happy with the hotel services and surroundings.We will continue to provide our best hospitality and hope to welcome you and family again in Bali.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for a week over Nyepi Day celebrations. Location is fantastic 2 mins to Kuta beach, 3 mins to Poppies II and 10-15mins to Matahari Square.
Breakfast was good although a bit more variety for the omelettes would have been nice. But they do have mugs for coffee and not little cups.
The rooms are clean and towels are changed everyday. WIFI is free but keeps logging you out.
Have been to Bali a few times and stayed in a few different resorts and also a Villa. I would come back to the Wina but would ask for a ground floor room.
It's not a 5 star resort but it's clean and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank melgoss14

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had a good stay with us and we acknowledged your observations with thanks. We appreciate your support and we will certainly be looking forward to have you back with us in the near future and provide you with our warm friendly service, as always.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed four nights leading up to Easter. Don’t expect luxury, you’ll be rather disappointed. But for a three-star budget-type hotel, you’ll get functionality and averageness. However, it does seem that there is three-star and there is three-star. What lets this place down is primarily its age.

We were in a standard type room on the second floor. It was smallish and basic. There were probably better rooms, but I don’t know. All the electrics worked, the tv worked, the aircon worked, the toilet flushed and didn’t leak, the shower water was both good in pressure and temperature and didn’t flood the bathroom floor. On the downside, because we were on the second floor with no elevator, meant stairs - narrow, steep and poorly lit stairs. And strangely, the airconditioner outlets all faced into the corridors, so the stairwells and hallways were excessively hot.

Housekeeping, room service, bed comfort, sheets, towels, décor, noise factor – all no problem. We don’t do the technology thing when on holidays, so no idea about the quality of wifi etc.

We had a lovely balcony overlooking the garden, but a negative point to this was that we could see into all the other balconies and vice versa; no privacy.

Breakfast seemed to have lots of choice, but it lacked my favourite - crispy bacon, fried tomatoes and baked beans; lots of fried rice and noodles of course. I enquired about the lack of bacon on several occasions and was told that the menu changes each day and it may be available in the future. No such luck, I’d chosen a “halal” hotel, damn, but they didn’t tell me this until I was checking out. Meanwhile they just keep you in anticipation. I don't get this halal thing. And if you like weak tea, no problem, if not, I suggest you take your own. The amount of people crammed into this hotel was very evident at breakfast with every table taken almost from beginning to end (7-10am); on some mornings they just kept coming and overflowed into the meeting room out the back. Obviously it’s not such a small hotel, with a wide range of nationalities. As Australians, we actually seemed in the minority!

We also had lunch and dinner in the hotel restaurant on other occasions and enjoyed these meals, with no issues with choice, quality or service.

There are two pool areas – one with a swim up bar. But with so many people, sunbed availability was rare, very disappointing. Also, the hotel has a rule of no smoking around the pool, yet this was completely disregarded by patrons and ashtrays were all around indicating the hotel didn’t enforce the rule at all.

The location of the hotel is a plus if you want to be in the middle of the action – sunset at Kuta beach, the new Beach Walk mall, taxis, markets, Poppies, etc, and despite previous comments regarding the dark alley entrances, we didn’t feel daunted at all, however they could definitely do with having more lighting.

Some commendation for the hotel's "green" policy - as outlined in their information folder. More of this needs to be implemented in Bali; the population, rubbish and pollution continue to grow, and responsible, sustainable environmental actions need to be followed for the future.

Room Tip: Can't add a tip about room choice as I wasn't privvy to any other rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rinnie_12

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your time to give us your comments as it is through our guests comments like you that we able to monitor our operations closely and do the needful for further improvements. Being a 'halal' restaurant, we do not serve bacon .We believe our guests are provided with value for money for their hotel stay as we often receive good compliments from returning guests.It will be our pleasure to serve you again on your next trip to Bali.We apologised for any inconveniences caused and thank you .

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Hubby & I stayed booked a room with double bed for 3 nights. The room is quite spacious. They gave us a king bed. But the room looks & feels old. The attached bathroom looks old & kinda creepy.

There are a lot of international channels to watch on TV. But too bad there is no free wifi.

Daily breakfast is limited. Do not drink their plain water because its salty! Even the bottled water provided by the hotel is salty.

Location of the hotel is not very good. Its not located at the main road, but 'hidden' inside an alley. U need to walk along a long alley (gets pretty dark at night) in order to go to the main road. It's about 2 mins walk. After that, you can see the beautiful kuta beach right opposite the road. By foot, u need to walk 10-15 minutes to reach the town area.

Overall just average stay for us.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time last week, I think for the price you pay it is good. I found that it was hard to charge to your room, they we're always pressuring us to pay now, even for room service when we would still tip. Front desk wasn't as helpful as other places. Nice pool and pool bar, cocktails and beers more pricey as usual in hotel. Overall I enjoyed it but was glad it was a short holiday as would prefer to pay a little extra and get a newer hotel, staff great as usual in Bali! I think also if I stayed again I would request a floor level or 2nd floor as our steps were very bad and dangerous to walk up (especially after a few!)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Having been to Bali last year, i decided to take a friend and stay somewhere a bit cheaper. i was absoloutely rapt with our choice as this place is awesome. It is central to everything and the atmosphere, food , surroundings of this resort were fantastic. It was more than I expected and the food, breakfast, dinner and snacks were of a very high standard. I would stay here again!!!!!!

Room Tip: CHoose a Ground floor room as they dont have a lift. We requested a ground floor room and it was eve...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jodie g

Thank you for your nice comments.It was a wonderful news to hear that you found Wina Holiday Villa a great place to stay n Bali and excellent value for money. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you as our guest again . Thank you and have a nice day. Warm wishes.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fifty metres from Kuta sandy beach, non noise, plenty of good food at breakfast included in the room's rental price very affordable, two swimming pools of wich one with bar insithe the pool.
Magnificent setting, plenty of flowers, trees, gentleness of the staff available at any time.
Room very clean and daily service perfect
The perfect balinese style of the hotel shines your eyes.
Gooood price, reservation made via web.
International customers, mostly Aussies, few asians, all very polite and silent.
One rat lives under the temple at the resto' swimming pool !!
Do not miss it.

Room Tip: To my taste better choose the upper floor rooms,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlo G

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you had a comfortable stay and felt like at home during your stay with us. We look forward to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for your support to us and warm wishes.