“Smelly”

Ranked #133 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Sydney, Australia
“Smelly”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location of the place is fantastic right near the beach. But the one thing I couldn't get past was the smell! I'm not one to complain but the smell of the room especially the bathroom was absolutely unbearable to the point I tried to stay away from the room for as long as I could! It literally made me feel sick as soon as I opened the door to the room.
Other than that I guess you can't really fault it that much as you pay for what you get!

• Stayed November 2012
Holiday V, Manager at Wina Holiday Villa Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We took note of your observation and apologize for the discomfort encountered. Measures are being taken to address the problem and our sincere thanks for the concern .We will monitor closely and will make every effort to ensure that our guests will have a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us . Thank you and warm wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I picked this hotel for a combination of value for money, the swim-up bar, and location - as I wanted to be close to friends staying near the Bali memorial. Despite only getting 1 out of 3, it was a pleasant stay.

The hotel is close to the Bali memorial as the crow flies, but in order to get there you have to walk all the way out to the beach, and around, and then through Poppies 2. Not too far, just further than I expected.

The swim-up bar was closed the whole time I was there. It looks like it hasn't been used for a while. But it didn't affect me, as I ended up spending time at friends' hotel swim up bars. The pool was nice for a swim though.

Value! 1 out of 3. Was pretty cheap, but a decent buffet breakfast and clean rooms. The bathroom looked a bit tired. I think it was clean, despite the yellow grouting? The staff were nice and helpful.

If I was the type of person who liked to stay at the same hotel more than once (instead of always trying something new), then I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Holiday V, Manager at Wina Holiday Villa Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay and found our resort value for money. We hope to see you again and provide you with our finest services. Thank you and warm wishes.
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The bathrooms smelt disgusting like sewerage and mould, the towels and bed linen are grey & stained , cocktails & Bintang are expensive and on checking out of the hotel asking for our room key deposit was a joke , they tried to refuse our refund because we couldn't find our receipt ??? Even though the deposit/money was paper clipped to our passports which were kept at the front desk. I won't be staying here again and neither will my 21 other family members that stayed here too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tamara T
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to have you as our guest. We take your complaints seriously and have taken immediate steps to investigate on your comments. Upon our findings, we will be in contact with you again. Thank you for bringing up the matter and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you and warm wishes.

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Beutiful and friendly staff, always smiling really made us feel like we had paid for a special experience. Cant fault the Comp breakfast either with a good mixture of western and eastern foods. Wasnt aware of the $50 deposit on arrival though so it was a good thing we hadnt changed all our currency to Rupiah as they wanted it in the currency of your home country.

The room itself was like stepping back into the 70s with the wood panneling, the bathroom was small so everytime you had a shower the toilet and toilet paper would get soaked. Free cable but the tv was so small and far away from the bed you could quite see properly. A notice stated that the hotel was being upgraded so Im not sure if this room had yet been done. On a bad note there was an animal of some description in the roof that would urinate at night, we could hear it running around and doing this.

The restaurant was good but it depended who was cooking. My wife had chicken satay one night and fell in love with it. She then had it a few nights later and it was cold, oily and not well prepared. They advertised 1sml bintang for 30,000 rupiah and 1 free but when we got the bill it was explained that this was between certain hours, this wasnt noted on the sign.

A good experience but it could be better with renovations to an older facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor, they seem to be the ones that have been renovated. Get to the po...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as our valued guest at our resort. We appreciate that you had taken the time to give us your feedback and your observations are well noted. Please accept our sincere apologize for any shortcomings and we have taken steps to check and do the needful. We are doing our best to make improvements in our products and services for the benefit of our guests as well as the resort We shall look forward to welcome you back again on your next trip to Bali.Once again, our apologies to you and warm wishes.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and let me say the staff are great but the cleanliness of the place was a huge let down. We had ants in our room and someone's room service plates on our balcony with ants all over them. The shower had no water pressure so it was like showering under a dripping tap. our room was on the top floor and we had to walk up 4 flights of stairs. I would not recommend it to anyone to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kelleybelly
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as our valued guest. May we apologize for the discomfort that you had experienced. We took note of your observations and appropriate measures have been taken to improve our services. We appreciate that you have written and as your review is important to us . We look forward to welcome you back again in the near future. Once again, our apologies and warm wishes.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Wina for 10 nights we decided to go budget for 1/2 our trip since we spent the first 10 nights at Grand Mirage - which was AMAZING!
What an absolute joke of a hotel this joing it.
After coming from a 4 star to a 3 star you dont expect a great deal of difference... wrong... .

Firstly most of the staff were 110% the most rudest people in Bali ive ever met.
They obviously do not like there jobs as they made everything a drama..
We almost checked out 5 days early we hated it there that much.

We changed rooms 3 times due to the stench of the bathroom almost making us sick each morning. I realise Bali is a little bit smelly but the bathrooms took the cake ..

I found it really hard to enjoy my holiday and at the end of each day felt a bit down knowing what we would be coming back to. We ended up using the back entry just to avoid the staff.

The Breakfast was horrible and if you dont get there before at least 9am you kinda miss out on anything thats worth eating.

I just find it really hard to say anything good aobut this place.

The gardener was lovely. I really did have a soft spot for him. other than that the whole place is horrible and if your looking for something nice / quiet and clean then go somewhere else.. dont do budget cause you definatly do get what you pay for here.

Room Tip: just go somewhere else.. :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c e
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to learn that you had an unpleasant stay at our resort and unhappy with our services. We take your complaints seriously and appropriate actions will be taken to any members of our staff who are found to be ill mannered as we do not condone such behaviours at our resort . We attend to all guests' complaints and every effort is made to ensure that we address the issues as highlighted. .We want to improve in our services and it is through your review that will assist us in our monitoring our operations closely.. Once again , please accept our apologies and thank you.
perth
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Wina and I have to say it was the worst bathroom I have ever had in any hotel I have been in. Admittedly it was October last year but it could not have changed much without a significant overhaul. I stayed 5 nights and showered only once because I had to force myself to go in there. we had a room near the small pool and the smell from the sewrage hatch in front of it was also terrible. Our bathromm had a para block over the drain to try and stop the sewrage smell and the bath was dirty, chipped and mould everywhere! The whole room stunk. I asked the lady in the room next to us if I could see hers and it was better but I don't know how they could have given anyone our room. The odour was so stifling. I am looking to come to Bali with my kids and this hotel keeps popping it's head up but that bathroom and smell were so bad I have to keep crossing it off. How can my experience have been so different to others?

Room Tip: Do not accept a room with a filthy, mouldy, smelly bathroom!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roxy35Perth
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and we sincerely apologize for the discomfort that you had encountered .We will do our best to improve in our shortcomings and ensure that our guests will have a pleasant stay with our improved services. Thank you and warm wishes