“Dragged out of bed at midnight like a criminal”

White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa
Ranked #46 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Humiliated, tormented and bullied as a result of incompetence from check in staff, front office staff, bar staff, night auditing staff and the night duty manager. An incorrectly entered room allocation resulted in me being dragged out of bed at midnight treated like a lying criminal by the staff with security present in the lobby of the hotel.

Prior to this at 11:15PM I was telephoned and asked to make payment on a $25 Bar account. On my arriving at the front desk no information I provided was believed by the staff regarding my name, room number, the account, and further more, and no account was available to scrutinise. My parting statement and my belief of agreement the matter could be sorted out in the morning.

Subsequently at 11:45PM a knock on the door and I was escorted to the front desk. Following a protracted interrogation it was established the information previously provided was correct and the account belonged to a colleague. I immediately settled the account in cash. The duty manager lectured me on how hotel procedure operated and the predicament and problem was MY FAULT and that of my colleague and I should be the one to educate the colleague on the White rose hotel procedure. When asked 9 times (after asking the question 3 times I thought it best to keep count) "how is it my fault or my problem" random answers were provided with no relation to this question.

When the question of compensation was raised with the duty manager, he became irrational raising his voice and repeated the abstract answers previously provided and instructed me to make the request to my colleague. When I invited the duty manager to come with me to the colleagues room so the duty manager could explain hotel procedure, he declined because it "is hotel policy not to wake customers after midnight"

I attest to the fact and the experience you can be harassed before midnight, dragged out of bed, interrogated by staff, intimidated with security present, treated as a lying criminal, embarrassed in front of other hotel guests, bullied by a duty manager, who turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
12  Thank Marc J
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear MarcJ,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

On behalf of the Management, I would like to extend our apologies for the unfortunate incident that you experienced in our resort. Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention. It was a shame and did not reflect our mission to consistently give our guests quality service in every moment during the entire stay. I agree with you that had the room allocation for you and your colleague been settled properly during the check in process, we could at least have prevented unnecessary distress with regard to who owned the bill. Due to miscommunication between our Front Office and FB, one of our staff made a call at such a late hour against our normal procedure, considering only information that the room the bill was assigned to was on “Cash Basis”. To complicate the matter, the bill belonged to your colleague, not you. I agree with you completely, that despite the “Cash Basis” note, we should have waited until the next morning to ask for the bill settlement. Besides, we had made a mistake for not asking immediate payment upon delivering the order as we should have. I regret that you should feel harassed and humiliated, and I am deeply sorry for that. However, let me assure you that it was far from our intention to humiliate, let alone treat you like a criminal. It was purely misunderstanding resulting from our negligence, and the confusion that came afterward should have been well anticipated. I addressed this case with all departments related shortly after we received your review to emphasize that we follow standard procedures consistently to leave no room for negligence that can cause disruption to any of our guests. Once again, thank you for bringing up this issue here; it gave us an excellent opportunity to always set a bar higher and higher in delivering our service. I realize that we cannot change what had happened, but I guarantee you that the same incident will never happen again in our resort. In that light, I am sincerely hoping that you will still consider staying with us again in the future and giving us a chance to show the hospitality from the heart that White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa is known for.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Did not know what to expect when we booked because of negative reviews we had read.The moment we arrived we were treated like old freinds.the room was spacious and clean with a lovely outlook to the gardends from our terrace.The swiming pool was large and always spotless and just acrss from bar which had a big screen which was great to watch the World cup and AFL.The hotel provides a shuttle to Matahari shoping and the beach twice a day.The breakfast was not extensive but what they had was delicious.The manager made a point of introducing himself and offering to attend to any problems.I will definely be staying again,we received pampering without the 5 star price

Room Tip: Select a deluxe room as some rooms on top floor facing Legian st are close to noise from clubs
1  Thank 9gary55
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear 9gary55,

Greetings from the vibrant side of Bali!

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I appreciate the fact that you chose to stay in our resort despite the few less positive reviews we had in the past. Please rest assured that we keep raising our bar high in giving the best, most indulging stay for our guests. We have recently completed most of our renovation project, and all of our rooms have been remodeled with top quality facilities and amenities. Aside from the physical improvement, we keep maintaining one most important aspect: heartfelt service. I am glad that you had an amazing time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We got married in the gardens of the White Rose Hotel on Sunday 15th June & it was everything we dreamed of & more.
Shanti the wedding coordinator made the whole experience stress free, we communicated via email for everything concerning our wedding & Shanti made sure every answer we provided her was written down, when we finally got to meet her a week before the wedding she is friendly, warm & easy to get along with :-) we ran us through what would happen on the day & showed us where the ceremony & reception would be set up.
On the day of our wedding Shanti ensured we knew exactly what was going on & was great all round making sure us girls & the boys were getting ready on time & also keeping an eye on the venues & adding our cake, accessories etc to the set up without a hassle at all.
All round it was an amazing day & stay at the hotel for the weekend, they even gave us a gift of a wooden hand fan with our names & wedding date engraved on it :-)
Lastly can't thank Shanti enough for making our day everything we had hoped & dreamed & more, it defiantly exceeded ours & all our guests expectation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jacqui R

Dear Jacqui and Brett,

I trust this message finds both of you in excellent health and good cheers!

Congratulations again on your recent wedding. The Management of White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa is wishing you a happy and prosperous life to both of you. Thank you for trusting us with your big day. I am delighted to know that everything went as you had planned and that it was a beautiful wedding and leaving a lasting memory to you and your guests. We were honored to be part of it. Your compliments for Shanti were highly appreciated. She and her team will continue helping make best memorable moments for our guests. Once again, thank you for sharing your beautiful moment with us. We are all looking forward to your return!

All the best,

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Neat and tidy ,The breakfast was good and hot .The rooms where clean only downside was fireworks from nearby nightclubs exploding at 3 am but if your in Bali to party it's central to everything it's opposite poppies 2 .100meters from bounty and sky garden

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank craig a

Dear craig a,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

Thank you for your recent stay in our resort and for posting a review on us. I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful getaway despite the noise from the fireworks from the neighboring property. I am hoping that you will plan another stay with us in the not-too-distant future.

All the best,

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Best location for anything and everything I'm the area. I find the staff very nice and personal and the garden and surrounds is always nice and tidy. However the security is always rude and not inviting at all. Only downfall is it's over priced even with the perks

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear lizziedev,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

Thank you posting a review on your stay at our resort last year. I am pleased to know that you considered our location to be the best there is. And thank you for complimenting our staff. As you may know, that despite our constant effort to always improve our facilities, a heartfelt service is still most important for us. Therefore, I'd like to thank you for your feedback in regards to our security. Let me assure you that you had experienced with some members of our security did not reflect our standard by any means, and I will address this matter to the related department as to avoid a similar case to reoccur.

Once again, thank you for your valuable review. My team and I will always look forward to your return!

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 12, 2014

A great place to stay very peaceful staff are friendly and not far from the shopping or the beach. Only negative lousy wifi reception we weren't the only ones experiencing it - it seemed to be the main grumble with most of the guests. Get that fixed and it would be perfect!

1  Thank Janette B
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Janette B,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay at our resort recently. I am pleased to learn that you loved most aspects of your stay. Thank you for your feedback with regards to our wi-fi connection. We will follow up the matter as soon as possible. In the meantime, I am wishing you and your family well, and hoping that you will plan another getaway in White Rose in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We chose White Rose because of reviews on TripAdvisor and a friend's recommendation. Our first trip to Bali so we were delighted with the location-off Jalan Legian near the Bali bombing monument. The breakfast was fair, good egg station. Enjoyed the food from the restaurant. Superb pool and lush tropical surroundings. Lovely and quiet amidst the frenzy of Kuta/Legian. Great value for money and we would happily return. Not too busy at this time of year and a wide age range of guests.

Room Tip: Access to the pool from ground floor deluxe rooms is handy but noises from upper floors can irk a li...

Dear coragil,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

I thank you for choosing to stay at our resort in your recent Bali getaway with us. I appreciate your time sharing the details of your stay with other travelers. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location, food, pool, and other facilities we offer. Thank you for considering us value for money. We continue giving our best service to our guests to make their stay a memorable one. My team and I cannot wait to welcome you back in our resort in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,
Ismullah, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Dewi Sri Hotel
Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
#44 of 253 in Kuta

Been to White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!