“Really lovely Hotel”

Ranked #74 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Really lovely Hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed here recently for 4 nights and can highly recommend this Hotel to anyone and everyone. From the minute we stepped out of the ride from the airport, to the check out in the very very early hours of Monday morning, the service was absolutely top notch. All the staff are absolutely wonderful and all very good at their jobs. They also seem to enjoy their work which is somewhat rare these days. The grounds are lovely and the rooms are spacious and well set out. The bathrooms (we had bottom floor deluxe) have all been renovated and halleluiah no shower over the bath in these rooms. They are doing further renovations on another two blocks of rooms, this is hidden from view by large white wrap around banners, and although a little noisy for short periods of time (we were advised of this) their was little inconvenience. The pool is gorgeous and very refreshing (other places we have stayed the pool has been warm) and plenty of lounge chairs for everyone. We had great communication with the hotel before our visit and cannot fault the hotel and the service. Nothing seemed to much trouble. If (and I say IF) I had to find one fault, it would be that breakfast could have been a little hotter. Everything seemed luke warm and I like my food hot, but other than the temp of the food breakfast was great. Plenty of choice and great omelettes (they were hot). Love love love this Hotel and would defiantly like to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had bottom floor room right by the pool, which was great for us. But you would have a little more...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tralay
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Tralay,

Greetings from the island of the gods!

It was such pleasure to hear again from you and we are ecstatic to learn that you had most of your time at White Rose Hotel & Villas. Thank you for posting the review and for recommending us to other travelers. We truly appreciate your kind word regarding our staff and our service. This has been passed on to the team as to motivate them to keep up the high level of service. Thank you for commenting on our breakfast. Your valuable feedback has been acknowledged by our kitchen team.

Please extend our regards to your partner. The whole team at White Rose Hotel & Villas are looking forward to your next visit!

Best regards,

Ismullah, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
India
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Its location is central. We were able to get anywhere within a reasonable amount of time. The Kuta beach and shopping, money exchange were within 10 minutes walk from here. It is close to the Bali bombing memorial. We were a group of 4 women and found the place safe.

The room was clean, comfortable and value for money. The breakfast buffet is standard, the variety of fruits was really great. The presentation was good too. There is a good swimming pool too. The staff were really helpful and helped us book taxis and decide on sight-seeing trips. There are a lot of small massage parlours and we took advantage of this every evening.

It is definitely the place to stay if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: Any room is alright since the point of going to Bali is to sight-see!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Butterworth, Malaysia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stay at here 4 nights, breakfast at here is ok but everyday almost same type of breakfast, that make us a little bit boring, room is old but clean, the pool is small but beautiful, staff here is friendly and nice, the problem is at night is too noisy because the hotel at clubbing location ,and everyday we back to hotel will very jam,will consider other hotel if the price is cheap than white rose.
travel as a tour leader/group
14/8/13

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Limdennis
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Yes a great place if you are young & want to visit Sky Garden, etc 50m round the corner, but the noise - till 3am from the doof doof could still be heard, even with our doors closed and at the back of the hotel - would stop me from suggesting it to over 40's? In saying that we met people that were in there 70's and come every year.
We had issues with power in our room (standard on 3rd floor & not a renovated one as others have commented on), kept shorting but staff are very good and things dealt with quickly. Asked for a kettle & got our own supplies, no problem. Don't get the wasted space of "combined lounge" as with no open window it's too stuffy and not utilised - better to be in lounge downstairs, open, comfy & much easier to pick up wifi.
Convenient for location, breakfast was great and pool is lovely. Just be aware of the noise and usual chaos when you walk down the lane after leaving your sanctuary.
Try the seafood basket at Max café/restaurant just round the corner & stop at Espresso bar for a bintang and to listen to some local bands do great covers on aussie music.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
perth
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the 2nd Time we have stayed at the White Rose, the Staff were fantastic as always, the room was also very good, breakfast is good as well, nothing really to complain about hotel, but only complaint was some idiots running a muck from 3am to 5am next to our room every night, we moved after the 2nd night, we got an upgrade from what we had, which management had done this for us as a apology of the noise these dudes where making, even security tried to quiet them down, also one night some decided to go swimming naked at 2.30am, security stopped this very quickly, I guess if you want to stay right in the heart of Kuta action, you have to expect some drunk, drug crazed Australian party animals to appear in the early hours of the morning, other than the Australian party goers making a noise, great resort for the price, I would stay there again and risk what happens, ps all the staff are fantastic people and deserve more respect than what they receive from the few party idiots.

Room Tip: Rooms from 1025 upwards are further away from the main entrance , 1000 onwards are ground floor, 200...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm finding it hard to recommend the White Rose or give it a high rating. The only good things I found about the hotel were the friendly staff, the swimming pool, the large beds and the location.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the White Rose for the good price for our stay, he had also stayed here previously and said there was nothing wrong with it. It could just be my luck because 3 days into our trip, every time we came back to our room, we could smell that sewage smell coming from the drain in the shower. We told reception about the problem and they sent house keeping up to check it out but all they could do was clean the shower to give the bathroom a better scent. We ended up having to buy an incense and have it lit every night.

The day after that happened, our block where our room was had no hot water and everyone was moved. I would say we were downgraded. Our new room looked older then our first room. The bathroom looked older but there was no smell and hot water which was a plus, our light above the mini bar didn't work so it was all dark, the light above the dressing table was just the light globe, the tv was an older tv to what we first had, much much older and the only easy accessible power point was in the bathroom, the other one was under a table,finally our view was over looking the very back of the hotel where the staff parked their scooters and some old block. However.... In this room we got a much better and much bigger bed and the staff member who cleaned our room was very interactive with us and trustworthy, we left a large tip for him and he worked around it so we had to give it to him when we next saw him.

I hate to carry on but after we moved into this room, the room above us at around the same time every morning, there were loud noises like someone was dragging the furniture up and down the room. I probably won't stay at the White Rose again unless I pay more for a deluxe room and hope for a better stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikayla D
London
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Apparently this place used to be really nice but I was disappointed to find it quite average.

On arrival I had no towels in my room. I had to ask twice during the day until I finally got some. The bed in my 'deluxe' double was super squishy and I struggled to settle down until I realised there was a mini squishy mattress on top of the normal one. So a quick remake of the bed and it wasn't so bad.

I had a lovely massage at the 'spa' which was just a room with a massage bed, no music, no mood lighting and noisy AC. Good massage but very poor environment.

On my second day I put my laundry in before 9am as requested but when I went to bed it hadn't materialised. I had to request it the next morning and even then they only brought half of it to my room so I had to go and request the rest! Again, I had no towels when they had made up my room.

Breakfast is pretty average and bland but it's food I guess so at least we didn't starve.

The pool is the best bit about the hotel- it's fantastic! That's the only plus I think the hotel has.

The service in general was very poor. On my third day, room service came at 9am to make up the room when I was in the shower and at 10.30pm I had another visit from room service with towels, even though I already had towels this time!! Very inconvenient times.

I wouldn't recommend the White Rose and can't wait to leave tomorrow!!

• Stayed August 2013