“Average hotel,Average price”

Ranked #39 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Butterworth, Malaysia
“Average hotel,Average price”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stay at here 4 nights, breakfast at here is ok but everyday almost same type of breakfast, that make us a little bit boring, room is old but clean, the pool is small but beautiful, staff here is friendly and nice, the problem is at night is too noisy because the hotel at clubbing location ,and everyday we back to hotel will very jam,will consider other hotel if the price is cheap than white rose.
travel as a tour leader/group
14/8/13

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Limdennis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Yes a great place if you are young & want to visit Sky Garden, etc 50m round the corner, but the noise - till 3am from the doof doof could still be heard, even with our doors closed and at the back of the hotel - would stop me from suggesting it to over 40's? In saying that we met people that were in there 70's and come every year.
We had issues with power in our room (standard on 3rd floor & not a renovated one as others have commented on), kept shorting but staff are very good and things dealt with quickly. Asked for a kettle & got our own supplies, no problem. Don't get the wasted space of "combined lounge" as with no open window it's too stuffy and not utilised - better to be in lounge downstairs, open, comfy & much easier to pick up wifi.
Convenient for location, breakfast was great and pool is lovely. Just be aware of the noise and usual chaos when you walk down the lane after leaving your sanctuary.
Try the seafood basket at Max café/restaurant just round the corner & stop at Espresso bar for a bintang and to listen to some local bands do great covers on aussie music.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
perth
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the 2nd Time we have stayed at the White Rose, the Staff were fantastic as always, the room was also very good, breakfast is good as well, nothing really to complain about hotel, but only complaint was some idiots running a muck from 3am to 5am next to our room every night, we moved after the 2nd night, we got an upgrade from what we had, which management had done this for us as a apology of the noise these dudes where making, even security tried to quiet them down, also one night some decided to go swimming naked at 2.30am, security stopped this very quickly, I guess if you want to stay right in the heart of Kuta action, you have to expect some drunk, drug crazed Australian party animals to appear in the early hours of the morning, other than the Australian party goers making a noise, great resort for the price, I would stay there again and risk what happens, ps all the staff are fantastic people and deserve more respect than what they receive from the few party idiots.

Room Tip: Rooms from 1025 upwards are further away from the main entrance , 1000 onwards are ground floor, 200...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm finding it hard to recommend the White Rose or give it a high rating. The only good things I found about the hotel were the friendly staff, the swimming pool, the large beds and the location.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the White Rose for the good price for our stay, he had also stayed here previously and said there was nothing wrong with it. It could just be my luck because 3 days into our trip, every time we came back to our room, we could smell that sewage smell coming from the drain in the shower. We told reception about the problem and they sent house keeping up to check it out but all they could do was clean the shower to give the bathroom a better scent. We ended up having to buy an incense and have it lit every night.

The day after that happened, our block where our room was had no hot water and everyone was moved. I would say we were downgraded. Our new room looked older then our first room. The bathroom looked older but there was no smell and hot water which was a plus, our light above the mini bar didn't work so it was all dark, the light above the dressing table was just the light globe, the tv was an older tv to what we first had, much much older and the only easy accessible power point was in the bathroom, the other one was under a table,finally our view was over looking the very back of the hotel where the staff parked their scooters and some old block. However.... In this room we got a much better and much bigger bed and the staff member who cleaned our room was very interactive with us and trustworthy, we left a large tip for him and he worked around it so we had to give it to him when we next saw him.

I hate to carry on but after we moved into this room, the room above us at around the same time every morning, there were loud noises like someone was dragging the furniture up and down the room. I probably won't stay at the White Rose again unless I pay more for a deluxe room and hope for a better stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikayla D
London
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Apparently this place used to be really nice but I was disappointed to find it quite average.

On arrival I had no towels in my room. I had to ask twice during the day until I finally got some. The bed in my 'deluxe' double was super squishy and I struggled to settle down until I realised there was a mini squishy mattress on top of the normal one. So a quick remake of the bed and it wasn't so bad.

I had a lovely massage at the 'spa' which was just a room with a massage bed, no music, no mood lighting and noisy AC. Good massage but very poor environment.

On my second day I put my laundry in before 9am as requested but when I went to bed it hadn't materialised. I had to request it the next morning and even then they only brought half of it to my room so I had to go and request the rest! Again, I had no towels when they had made up my room.

Breakfast is pretty average and bland but it's food I guess so at least we didn't starve.

The pool is the best bit about the hotel- it's fantastic! That's the only plus I think the hotel has.

The service in general was very poor. On my third day, room service came at 9am to make up the room when I was in the shower and at 10.30pm I had another visit from room service with towels, even though I already had towels this time!! Very inconvenient times.

I wouldn't recommend the White Rose and can't wait to leave tomorrow!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank misshkwilson
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Recently just stayed at White Rosé in the month of August and highly do not recommend it!!!

You can get so much better value for your money.

All you can hear during the night is the music from the night clubs - so bad that we could actually sing along to the music. This goes on untill 4 am in the morning.

Being young i like to party ( this is why we cose this location) but when you just want to sleep its impossible and for the amount of money you pay a night I just think its rubbish!!!!!

Our air conditioning didn't work properly had it on 18 degrees every night and would be sitting in the room sweating. ( I know it's Bali but the the air conditioning is on 18 degrees the room should be cold)

Another thing is with the bath towels,you don't get them when they clean your room you have to wait untill 7 pm that night - not very convenient if you want to go out to dinner at that time..

The pool area is nice but I never put my head under.

In saying all this the staff were nice and the location was handy- but there are so many better hotels out there if your spending that amount of money.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Whenmadmetcrazy
Pune, India
Reviewed July 22, 2013

we stayed in White Rose for 6 days. The hotel itself is really lovely, great location, very close to all the night life and restaurants and shopping, also only about 10 walk to the beach. The pool is fantastic and has got many sunbeds and towels are provided. There is a bar and restaurant by the pool area and the food was very nice.
Our room was very clean and lovely, cleaned daily and the bed was sooooo comfy :-) lovely bathroom with toiletries provided.
Be warned that this hotel is surrounded by night clubs so it gets very loud through out the night up until like 3am or 4am, every night. First night i felt like i was actually in the night club that is how loud the music gets.So if your planning to stay in here and want to get a good night sleep then pack some ear plugs as we used them through out our whole stay.
Its probably not the greatest place for families with small children ( haven't seen many while staying there).
Buffet breakfast was very good, loads to choose from, definitely good value for money.
The only disappointment while staying in White Rose was the gym facilities, we booked this hotel specially because my husband needed to use a gym as he is recovering from a knee surgery, some equipment was broken and was impossible to use and after reporting it they said it won't be repaired any time soon so he couldn't use the gym properly after all.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay again. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good, just pack some ear plugs as you will need them in the night :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Martina Gino,

Thank you choosing the White Rose Hotel Villas & Spa Legian as accommodation for your holiday in Bali recently.

I am pleased to learn that you had enjoyed with our location, food, facilities and services from the staff member., however I really sorry to hear of your disappointment with our gym equipment. We have brought up to the person concern and assure you that the corrective action being taken. For your information that we had very active in term of upgrading of the hotel facilities and services.

Once again, Appreciate for your constructive comment, sincerely hope that we could serving you better in the future.

Warm regards,
Ismullah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Satriya Cottages
Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#6 of 252 in Kuta

Been to White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!