“Lovely food, Good Location”

EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia
Ranked #33 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed February 4, 2014

a) Location - The hotel is just few meters from Discover Mall and about a kilometer to Kuta Beach.
b) Checking in - The staff took a lot of time to check us in. But they are very humble and entertained every questions.
c) Room - The room is nice, clean and comfy. But there is nothing in the fridge except 2 bottles of water. Had a problem with the air-cond as it takes an hour to cool.
d) Value - Very good value for the money because of its location and the food.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
EDEN Hotel K, General Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Photoveller,

Thanks a lot for taking time to write a review on our hotel. Your compliments are really appreciated.

I am sorry and apologize for empty mini bar and the air con .We are going to make sure fridges are full and check our air-con condition .

I hope to welcome you again very soon .

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,550)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The hotel was great. I agree with most comments about water being smelly for first few minutes but it was alright after first 2-3 minutes. The staff was excellent. Very very humble and always eager to help. The fire dance almost every alternate day was great. The breakfast buffet was awesome as well. Despite myself being vegetarian, I was never short on options in breakfast. The only downside was about the phone call rate they ended up charging me. When I checked in, I asked about the local phone call rate and what they quoted me was different than what they charged me. When I inquired, they did inform me that they had different call rates for landline, mobile, etc. However that was not clarified when I asked the call rate at the time of checking in.
Having said that, I will definitely recommend this place to anyone who will be visiting Bali and planning to stay in Kuta.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
EDEN Hotel K, General Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear SydneyIndian2014,

Thank you for your review following your stay at Eden Hotel Kuta, Bali. Especially your compliment on our staff .
I was particularly attentive to your last comments about the phone . I will make sure next time the information gets clearer .

Hoping I will be able to welcome you again soon .

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I agree with Hayley. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels (work & holidays) & this is a perfect hotel for a Bali stay. Breakfast buffet each morning was awesome. Staff are super friendly & always smiling. Nothing was ever a problem for them to help you. The free mountain bike(we stayed 12 days) was great. Rooms were modern & fresh. Yes the shower had a funny egg sort of smell at first minute or so but went away no problems. The suite my brother had was great - we had a normal room & that was fine too. Great location, right next door to the Febris. Main pool wasn't deep but deep enough for a swim, great for kids as our 8 yo could always touch the bottom.
The peoples comments below with big negative problems must just be negative people in general. Yes some comments must of happened but ignore the extreme 'worst hotel ever' types, they have got to be habitual whining, picky complainers to carry on like that in Bali (you know the types who insist everything must be perfect for their experience & rant n rave if it's not).
Another good thing is many of the guest are from other countries so it's not full of Aussie Bogans ......we'll not yet anyway. We had room service a lot & food was great & priced well. Our rooms air on worked well(3 families). Only complaint is it can be a bit noisy, maybe the tiled halls echo everything louder.

Room Tip: Get a suite if more than 2 of you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear PerthTraveller2014,

What a pleasure to read such a nice review on our Hotel.Yes ,we try at Eden Hotel Kuta to make our guests feel comfortable and happy . We are always welcoming positive and negative comments .
We are working on the negative ones to keep on improving our guests’ satisfaction.

We are fixing once and for all the issue with smelly water and are doing our best to reduce the noise inconvenience .

I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family again at Eden Kuta .

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Hotel was lovely, would stay there again. Only downside was the shower smell but as long as u turned it on and then organized ur stuff for a shower it was fine by the time u got in it.

Rooms were lovely, very modern. Breakfast was amazing and probably the best I've had from a hotel in Bali. We stayed our last night in Bali at the dynasty hotel due to a cancelled flight (not my choice the other half thought it would be good, and we weren' t paying) and I can easily say the hotel room at the Eden was nicer cleaner and the breakfast was heaps better.

My dad and uncle were staying in the hotel at the same time and they have both enjoyed there stay, they had three to a room and the hotel had run out of the extra bed and the kids had to sleep on the wavy couch, which was fine for a small child. Dads room have a few things that needed fixing but hey all hotels r like that.

The Eden is defiantly worth the money and they staff were lovely.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Hayley M

Dear HayleyM

Thank you for your kind review on Eden Hotel Kuta, Bali. I am happy to inform you the the shower smell is going to be fixed very soon once and for all . It took us time to find out how to . It was a real pleasure to read your comments . I am so happy you liked the room and loved our breakfast .
We believe breakfast should be a very special moment when sleeping in a hotel.So we try to provide variety and quality .

I really hope to welcome you again at Eden Kuta and ,with our issues fixed, giving you an even better experience.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My 9th time in Bali and definately one of my favourite hotels! A lot of reviews will tell you the pool here is bad. There is actually TWO pools, one for sunbaking the other for swimming, and most people don't see the second because it is further into the hotel. THE POOL IS FINE!!
The rooms are gorgeous, definately one of the nicer rooms I've stayed in especially considering how cheap it was! It is relatively new so you don't have to deal with old fixtures, etc.
Angel0ne said they don't serve cocktails at the bar. THEY DO and have a good range at really good prices. The only downside is we were on the ground floor near the lobby and it was quite noisy, but that is to be expected considering how close we were. Perfect for a couples getaway and so close to the main Kuta district.
Great Wifi signal too

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the ground floor or that is away from the lobby
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EDEN Hotel K, General Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Nldeacon,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel met your expectations .
We hope you will choose Eden Hotel Kuta for your 10th trip to Bali.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have been to Bali over 20 times and this by far is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Upon arrival our room was dirty the, aircon was broken, they had charged us for 2 rooms, we order an extra bed and we had to wait to the next day for it to arrive. During our stay a huge group of kids checked into the hotel taking up 75% of the rooms, after their arrival they where running up and down the halls ways screaming and yelling!! I had to complain to reception 6 times before anything was done about it! Breakfast is packed and there isn't enough tables for everyone so people have to stand while eating, the pool is literally 1.5m deep and they don't serve alcohol at the pool bar. Cocktails are not served anywhere in the hotel!! Trying to sleep at night was difficult as workers are talking outside your door and the walls are thin so you are able to hear people talking in the rooms next door! Overall was the worst hotel and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Madbea123,

Thank you for your comments .I am so disappointed to hear about your experience at Eden Hotel Kuta, especially regarding your interaction with the staff.We certainly care about each and every guest who walks into our hotel .
This is absolutely a training opportunity and will be taken very seriously.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon with a much better experience.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel itself is very clean comfortable and modern. We found it lacked atmosphere. It was very quiet around the pool and the pool bar is limited. They do not sell cocktails only beer as alcohol and all other non alcoholic drinks. This hotel is suitable for people who desire a quiet relaxing time. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, the breakfast was extensive and the outdoor eating area was very pleasant.We prefer the busier type hotel with more facilities and activities and for families. This was good for our short stay but i would not return for longer stays. The staff are very very friendly and lovely and very helpful- this is definitely a plus.

Room Tip: A pool view room gives you no privacy. If you would like privacy best to choose a non pool room. It...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
EDEN Hotel K, Front Office Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Angelone,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Eden Hotel Kuta.

We are happy to read that you liked our rooms and breakfast and your compliments on our staff are very much appreciated .

On your next stay we hope to be able to serve you our best cocktails .

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon

Ahmad Tedy Ari Adi Kesuma Wijaya