EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali
$119
$690
$92
Agoda.com
Kuta Paradiso Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$95
$67
$160
$58
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$118
$65
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$113
$88
  • Breakfast included
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$95
$76
Hotels.com
$159
$153
1,576 results
All reviewslippo mallwalking distancesuite roompool barkuta balikids clubroom servicekids poolclose to the airportpool access roomwaterbom parkpleasant staybuffet breakfastpool sideegg stationbudget hotelari
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Beware! Lots of Screeching Children Here!!!

This is a fairly new hotel in the South Kuta area, but appeared to be hastily erected with a rather shoddy finish. (Both my husband and I are in the construction trade so I speak with some knowledge.) The day we arrived was New Years Eve and although the reception staff were doing their best they were under pressure given it is such a busy time. Our check in process was long and frustrating.

We are a couple in our mid 50’s and unfortunately we were given a room right next to the rear pool area which under normal circumstances I would have found wonderful. Here, however I was sorely tempted to ask to be moved but as we were only staying a couple a nights and also I rather suspected they were fully booked I thought it rather pointless. There was doof – doof music going in the swim up bar non stop and that coupled with loads of screaming little children meant there was little chance of any peace and quiet in our room. On one evening I felt rather ill and the loud music was still going after 6.00 pm. I rang reception and asked if it could now be turned off and all credit to them, they did do just that within a couple of minutes. Thank God!

As this hotel is priced very reasonably it is a good budget option for families. And there were plenty of families with children aged under about 10 I would say. The kids screeched in the pool, in the rooms, in the corridors, in the restaurant, which is fine if they are your kids.

One night after midnight we were amazed to hear a young mother take her screaming baby out into the corridor outside our room and begin to sing to it to calm it down! My husband stuck his head out our door to see what was going on – in no uncertain terms he made it clear we weren’t impressed. She made a hasty retreat back into her own room.

There is a separate swimming pool which is supposed to be the ‘kid’s pool’ and although loads of children were using it, there were also loads using the ‘adult’ pool as well.

On the positive side, our room was clean and spacious, we had a suite in fact which really was a normal size bedroom with a separate sitting room. Each room had a flat screen TV and an air conditioner, although the air conditioners were pretty ineffective and I never felt the rooms were terribly cool the whole time we were there.

We got room service one night and it was fine and fast. And the hotel is in a good area near a brand new shopping mall, not far to the beach, lots of café’s and restaurants and waterbom park is a short walk.

Also the staff are quite exceptional, friendly and warm and talented! On the night we were leaving some of the staff brought out their guitars and bongos and played some tunes by the pool and they were really good! And some of them did some fire dancing.

Given all that I would not stay at this hotel again as it is just not for me with all those kids and noise. Ideal for families but just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
EDEN Hotel K, Front Office Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Ausrose,

Thank you for your comment on Eden Hotel Kuta.
I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations .It is true that during your stay we had families with children .

Thanks though for the compliments on the staff and the cleanliness .

Front office manager

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I understand I booked at a higher rate due to my stay during New Year. If I had paid the normal rate, I think I would have been pretty satisfied with the hotel. So I will skip the value for money perspective in my review.

The location was good but next time I stay in Kuta, I will choose a closer to beach location. But you can walk to Discovery Mall easily and also there are many good food joints around. Also, if you are interested in activities like tattoo, spa etc, those are only a few minutes away. The breakfast was good but it gets busy after 9 am. When it is raining, there is severe scarcity of seating arrangement because a major portion of the cafe is open. The employees were friendly overall and solution-driven. So I will rate their customer service with an A.

I wanted to try the Spa but it was heavily booked and I am not sure if it was because of demand or lack of service hands. The kids pool was really good and my 5 year old thoroughly enjoyed his time there. I could not find the stairs at the first floor and annoyingly, the touch panel for calling elevator can be quite a pain at times.

My room was just next to the spa and so I had to bear with the noise in the lobby. But it was tolerable and also who stays in the room for long during a vacation!

I am generally a very easy customer but even I was annoyed with two things. Firstly, the moment you turn on the tap or the shower after a long time, there was a bad ammonia type of smell coming out. I was sort of expecting it because I read it in almost every TA review. After first time, I waited in the room and let the water flow for some time so that I could bear with the smell. Secondly, the room cleaning standard was not acceptable. I am fussy about cleanliness and I expect proper cleaning at hotel. The floor was not clean enough, there was spider web in the bathroom, there were stains in the bed sheet. I did not want to ruin my holiday and so did not complain.

Overall, I would say it was a somewhat satisfactory stay at the hotel. I booked the hotel because I made a last minute booking and my preferred ones were not available. So if I run into a situation like this again or have budget issues, I just might choose Hotel Eden instead of researching.

To the Hotel Management: I wrote a lot but to summarize, it was overall a satisfactory experience. Just fix the little the things and you will do great. :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Farhanzaman,

I thank you for sharing your comments on Eden Hotel Kuta.
During raining season the hotel encounters some issues with water quality and we already fixed this issue .

Thanks also for your comments on the cleanliness which is considered as the minimum we have to provide to our guests.Decisions have been made so that this never happens again .I deeply apologize for not providing the service you were entitled to .

I am personally looking forward to welcoming you again and making sure our service meets your expectations .

Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Love the hotel especially our pool access room.. Eventhough its quite noisy when the pool is open but yet its still controllable. Love the view, facilities provided and also the staffs are friendly.. Shopping areas nearby the hotel and also there are varieties of restaurants but have to search for halal food to eat. Fast food are around as well.. Overall, the hotels are nice and convenient especially when having children..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyHilal
EDEN Hotel K, Front Office Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Lady Hilal,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on Eden Hotel Kuta.
We are truly happy to hear that you were had a good time with your family on your last visit.
Pool access rooms are indeed very enjoyable for families .Children are most welcome in our Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Bali.

Front office manager

Reviewed December 30, 2013

the hotel was ok, friendly staff, nice place to hangout by the pool, very near to the town and lots of shop on the street, food wise it is difficult to look for halal food and have to walked further up then you can see padang food or any halal restaurant there. WIFI sometime is OK, somtime fast..Overall, it is OK and convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
EDEN Hotel K, Front Office Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Zoranamn,

Thank you for your recent stay at Eden Hotel Kuta Bali,

We are happy to hear that you were having a good time on your last visit. The Eden location is in the heart of Kuta area close to main attractions. Guest Relation is always happy to provide information for any kind of food stall and restaurant including the one with Halal food.

We hope that you would stay here again as our special guest in the near future.

Best regards,
Front Office manager

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hotel noisy and unsatisfactory service to the wifi problem, my family went this december from 29-January 1, 2014. asked for one bed room given given two beds. eating dinner dishes taste can be improved. good hygiene. nice pool. spacious room with this spec. there is a balcony. convenient elevator. strategic places. deficiencies may be corrected immediately.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank StephanosIvan

Dear Stephanoslan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay at Eden Hotel Kuta ,Bali.
I am sincerely sorry that you found our service unsatisfactory.

We will provide training to our staff to avoid such misunderstanding and to make your next stay much better.

I am really looking forward to welcoming you back soon .

Front Office manager