“Great value im very good location”
Review of Ozz Hotel Kuta

Ozz Hotel Kuta
Ranked #100 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Great value im very good location”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Have stayed at better quality hotels but the beats them hands down for value for money.As long as you are aware of the room size no coffee or tea making facilitys and limited breakfast on offering you will have a great stay with exceptional friendlliness and service. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Bracorjaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
perth
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for five nights with a scoopon which worked out to $50 a night. Hotel is centrally located, yet there is no street noise. Rooms were comfortable but missing a few things most people take for granted such as the wash basin being in the bathroom! i was staying here on my own but if my husband was with me, it would have been a bit of a squash. Bathroom had an unpleasant odor to it.Room was cleaned nicely everyday and there was a good sized tv. Breakfast was unappetizing with such delights as tuna spaghetti and fish fingers with tartar sauce on offer. Can't go wrong with this hotel if you're on a budget- it's a little gem.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights with friends. Was a great place, close to all Kuta attractions, beach, water park, night life, restaurants and shopping. Rooms were good, bed was awesome!! The hotel staff were all really friendly and courteous, often going out of their way to help us. The only slightly negative thing is the breakfast wasn't very appealing. Pool was good, centrally located with rooms around it. All in all, a good time had. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 3, 2014

OK place to stay at if you're staying in Kuta. Not beachfront--but those are expensive and noisy anyway. OZz is quiet, but just walking distance (10-15 mins) from everything like the beach, Waterbom Park, Discovery Mall Kuta, restaurants, ATM, etc. 20min drive to the airport too. If your driver knows what he's doing, he can avoid the main roads and use shortcuts to get to the hotel to avoid Kuta traffic. There's a central pool which is fantastic for night swimming, lounging around with a bottle of beer, or entertaining the kids when they get antsy.

The staff was nice enough to point out that being a family of 5, we would have to take 2 taxis to get to places so they recommended their hotel transport instead. Turned out to be a fantastic idea as we could keep the fam together AND arrange for pick-up, for only IDR30-50k more than if we took taxis.

Rooms & breakfast are basic, not much to comment there.

Points of concern:
- Inefficient but manageable bathroom design--just be careful not to flood your bathroom! We had to have the staff make up the room every day just for that.
- Staff speaks limited English--is ok for the most part but maybe not for those with strong accents.
- Repeat breakfasts--if you want more variety, I suggest you just skip this.
- Our airport pick-up messed up my name on his sign at the exit gate. He wrote the airline name instead, misspelled it too. My family had a laugh over it, but I realize this might have become a big issue if I had missed his sign.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
virignia
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is an old hotel under new name, the rooms are small and dated, not good value for money.

The staffs are courteous, the location is good if you like to walk everywhere.

Now the reason for one star rating. I traveled with my family but occupied a room by myself, I closed and locked the door before I turned in. At around 1:30am, I was awaken by a few beeping noises, it is fortunate that the hotel room lock is a touch card system meaning that it beeps when there is something blocking the sensor. Obviously someone is right outside my hotel room and the door was opened the next moment, I yelled out loud immediately, I startled the guy and he yelled back 'sorry' and ran away. I jumped out from my bed and went to the door, there was no sign of that person in the corridor already. I immediately phoned the front desk to report the incident, to my surprise the front desk did not sound surprise and simply said they will look into it.
When I followed up with the front desk the next morning, I was told it was a mistake made by their engineering guy who tried to finish some repair that he didn't know his colleague has completed. I didn't buy the story one bit, the guy has to be working at 1:30am, has to be misinformed about a room needed repair, and also misinformed about a guest was staying there, and more importantly opened a room that has been locked from inside. If I hadn't been awaken by the beeps, I wondered what would have happened to my purse where I kept my passport and money. Stay away from this hotel unless you want to take your chance!

Stayed November 2013

4. Friendly hotel officer/ clerk
5. Nice swimming pool
6. Spacious car parking lot
7. We (me and family) had a good sleep

Room Tip: Nice to have ground floor room on the pool side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Darwin
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a scoopon deal which was really good value, transfers from and to airport. breakfast, free internet. The staff were really nice and friendly, limited English, but it wasn't a problem at all. The rooms were comfortable, a little disappointed there were no coffee and tea making facilities, dvd in the room was great we could test out our dvds whilst there. As mentioned in other posts, mosquitoes were a problem (mosquitoes are a problem all over Bali) but the hotel did fog/spray one night we were there, we also bought our own tin of spray and bombed the room and that was very effective, dead bodies everywhere - I think the cleaners must've got a bit of a surprise the next day. Breakfast was basic but sufficient, omelette and fried eggs were great, loved the pickles and sambal/chilli - very nice. Great location, I would stay again if I got another great deal with scoopon or other company.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple