“Got an bad experience here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of ZUK Hotel

ZUK Hotel
Ranked #155 of 282 Kuta B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Got an bad experience here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

At the first time we booked the room for 5 nights but we stayed 2 nights only because the room was terrible. The roof of my room was leak, so many mosquitoes inside the room and the bathroom was smelly. I don't want go back to there again.

Dear management team please maintain your service and your room hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Indra M
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
dear value guest
warmest greating from zuk hotel
on behalf oh zuk hotel team, we appologize for ur inconviance
as a hotel controller i would like to give u an explaination about what happenednow bali in transition from summer season to rainy season...its long time bali is not rain..but last week hard rain is cooming for three days its make us now we have problem in the roof top, we found unseen damaged in cement as waterprofing, we cant not fixed quickly because rain is not stop so is imposible to fixe it in watering situation,we must wait until rain stop n sunny day to fix it..but my staff alredy solve the problem with transfer u to lower ground to better room, about mosquito, as im explain its transition from summer to rainy, so if u let ur door opened all the time as u do , its causes mosquito come in, all guest always closed the door,
in the end of my reponse thx for ur constructive review, its a valuable input fro our hotel and service, do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail roy.thetirtha@gmail.com or info@zukhotel.com

best regard

Hotel Controler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed for about a week at this place and can only recommend it.
It is located on a small sidestreet of Legian, so you can walk easily to Legian's nightlife. The pool is not very big, but a nice thing, with the small garden around.
The hotel is clean, the breakfast is simple, but good and the internet is working fine.
This hotel is definitely a great value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Royhim Z, Manajer at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear value guest
Thank you for your honest and constructive review, its realy help us to give our guest a maximum services . I believe we not perfect yet but we try do the best we can .Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I'm on behalf the entire team thanksful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you.
FYI that zuk hotel now managed by the tirtha management, we try to give better n better services for all guest step by step , I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Looking forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian on ur next stay

Best regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for 5 nights in this hotel. Great location - within walking distance to legian night life, 15 mns walk to Legian Beach.
Check in / out was easy. Friendly and helpful staffs.
Although there was no shower curtain in the shower :o but the room was neat.
And for the price of +/- US$ 28 ( excluding breakfast ) this hotel is beyond my expectation !. This hotel is waaay better than any US $ 28 I stayed in during my backpacker days in Europe !
For the the room I paid with US $ 28, I'll give the Zuk hotel 5☆

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear value guest
Thank you im your honest and constructive review, its realy help us . I believe we not perfect yet but we try do the best we can .Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thanksful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you.FYI that zuk hotel now managed by the tirtha management, we try to give better n better services for all guest step by step , I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian on ur next stay

Best regards

Sunshine Coast, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 days .Check in & check out was easy, I got room at second floor and all room with poo view. Everthing ok for friendly & helpfull staf also clean room.
The problem is i couldnt get taxi in front of hotel because position of hotel inside the small road, but their staf will help for taxi.
Because cheap and not big hotel so sometime hotel soo noisy with other guest at swimming pool, young people with other guest ..

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
dear value guest
thanks u for the honest review to our hotel,
about the taxi u can get the taxi, the taxi can entry the lane but u have to order that and i guarante our staff will be help to call the taxi and u can waiting in our loby n the taxi will be come to u..
about another annoying guest we will give much more attention about that specialy to our nite supervisor ,we will put the notice in some place in our hotel
we waiting for ur next stay in zuk hotel..we'll serve u better..thank u
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

nice hotel for the price. great location, nice rooms and friendly staff. Nice simple breakfast each morning on the balcony. Yes I agree with wigglesworldwide, it can be noisy when people are coming back late at night. Will stay there again....

Room Tip: ground floor to the rear are better rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ozziemate
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
dear value guest Ozziemate

im realy happy about your honest and constructive ro eview, its realy help us to try hard to created more conviniance for all our guests. so .Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thanksful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you.FYI that zuk hotel now managed by the tirtha management, we try to give better n better services for all guest step by step , I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian on ur next stay

surabaya
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

well, i agree about the friendly staff. but i must say the hotel is kinda disappointing when i arrive because of lot of fail information on the internet.

1. The room size published on agoda.com said 30 sq.m. i can assure you the room is average small no more than 20 sq.m
2. the published rate on their web site was IDR. 880k for the superior. Agoda.com published the rate IDR.1.099k and give more than 70% discount. i took this deal for only IDR 300k/night, include the tax and service without breakfast. When i arrive, there's a sign board on the corner of the street written "ZUK Hotel, IDR. 350"
4. the entry to the hotel was so small, lack of car parking lot
5. the door feels like falling apart, the bathroom broken.
6 there's no shampoo, laundry bag, tooth paste, slippers
7. I don't know how this hotel got their 3 stars rate

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you.FYI that zuk hotel now managed by the tirtha management, we try to give better n better services for all guest step by step , I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian

Regards,

Hotel Controller

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great price for budget stay while in bali. Close to all the best clubs, restaurants in Kuta. We save heaps as it was easy to walk around without having to hail a cab to each destination. Found out Zuk is only a year old but it's starting to be a little bit run down. Lots of mosquitoes in room but all you need to get is some mossies spray. Our room faces the pool on the ground floor, great room but very very noisy when the young clubbers came back at the wee hour of the morning. No considerations for other guests. Reception should interfere but they didn't. Breakfast was a let down. They are a bit stingy with their serve/portion of nasi goreng or mee goreng. I meant literally small potion liked almost 2 tablespoon of nasi goreng per person. Positive side, staff are great and friendly, and if you need anything they are always willing to help.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great but can be very noisy, the upper ground rooms may be quiet but you need...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TippyLeigh
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you. wil try to handle the mosquitos problem with fogging imediately. and i will tell to all staff in night shift to more attention to detail about guess conviniance, I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian

Regards,

Hotel Controller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
favehotel Kuta Square
Tanaya Bed & Breakfast
Gana Inn Legian
Gana Inn Legian
#39 of 58 in Legian

Been to ZUK Hotel? Share your experiences!