“Worth a Look”
Review of Kuta Square

Kuta Square
Ranked #16 of 119 things to do in Kuta
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Kuta Square is hectic and busy, but worth a look. it is next door to the Beach Market and is made up of mainly fixed price shops and restaurants. Matahari is the department store. The air conditioning is not as good as Centro but the range of shoes (particularly for kids) is brilliant and cheap. There is a designer shop called Sook that I love and always buy from. It is on the expensive side though so look for specials. There is also a great shoe shop just down from Matahari that sells good leather shoes quite cheap. Our daughter loves Shine which sells cheap "girls stuff" like head bands, necklaces and rings etc. I say, while in Bali see and do it all.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have visisted this area over many years but to date have not purchased anything, I do however sometimes get the odd item from Mataharri Supermarket or Department Store, I really dont like shopping here as always very warm inside as they dont tend to have the Air con working most times I have visited.

1  Thank lorimay-f
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to Bali for a week with family. I was aware that the tourism was extremely heavy throughout the island but so many friends spoke highly of Kuta, the shopping in the area, the markets, etc. that I was keen to check it out. I must say, I felt pretty disappointed! For me there was not an 'Indonesian or exotic' feel about it - I almost felt like I was in a coastal city anywhere in Australia. Shops on the streets in Kuta are pretty much the same as here, Billabong, Rusty, etc. etc. nothing characteristic, worthwhile or even too different. Markets are filled with cheap stuff, brands imitations and Bintang singlets. Even the cafes and restaurants serve mainly westerner foods. So yeah, next time I go to Bali I will avoid this area as it doesn't even feel like I went away! I visited much nicer parts in Bali that preserved more the traditional culture and that's where I will go again.

1  Thank VV82
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good variety of shops, from sports, to womens fashion, to surf wear and restaurants and a department store. On the other side of the department store there is a supermarket (dont expect too much but you can find the simple things here) , with lots of market types stalls all close by theres something for everyone of any interest here (but no peace and quiet haha)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

compare with others part of Kuta, this place is well managed with shopping and food selection. Imagine a small version of Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur.

Been to Kuta Square? Share your experiences!