“excellent guidance that makes you progress”
Review of EP's Bali Surf

EP's Bali Surf
Ranked #10 of 169 Outdoor Activities in Kuta
More attraction details
Owner description: Hallo! This is a page where you can easily book surflessons. We provide both beginner classes and intermediate. We also do a lot of surfguiding. Please let us know if you want any further information. Love the Ep's Bali Surf surfing crew.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I met Edwin in 2011 in surf school in Bali, where he was working as surf instructor (the best one!) and I was lucky to be in his student group on a surfing session. Being a beginner, after a couple of weeks of surfing experience my goal was to progress with surfing, start practicing turns and build confidence in catching my own waves without instructor pushing the board, versus having fun in the water. Edwin could see this and he really helped me to step up. He explained technique and waves, corrected mistakes and motivated to make another try. He eventually made me feel that things really work and I can progress. For me it was important to understand how things work and Edwin provided a lot of explanations about waves, tide, currents, paddling and safety. He would watch me try, listed to concerns and explain things again :) He would go in the water with me and stay close guiding, versus watching me practice from the shore. He is calm and very positive. He is competent and speaks English well enough to teach surfing. Since 2011 Edwin started his own small surf school – EP’s Bali surf, he’s doing surf lessons and surf trips (equipment is provided), can advise on accommodation options and organize a trip around Bali or to other parts of Indonesia, if needed. Edwin would be my first point of contact should I consider a surfing vacation in Bali. And I surely will, soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I allready surfed before and Edwin took me out on a reefbreak to teach me how to read the ocean and get along with reef and work on confidence. If you are looking for decent teaching and go level up in your skills go surf with Edwin. Most of the schools are to crowded and their groups are to big for good learning. I enjoyed my time and i am a better surfer on reef now. Thanks Ep's Bali surf and see you next time.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My 3 daughters and I have just finished 3 lessons (2 1/2 hours each) with Edwin. This is the first time that we have surfed and from the first steps, Edwin showed us the right way from the wrong way. He was very conscious of safety and made sure that we were clear of what to do from a safety perspective. With his caring and warm character, we forgot about the fear of falling and concentrated on staying in the board. By the first lesson, the 4 of us (including one daughter just 10 years old... who incidentally rode far more waves than the rest of us) were up and riding the waves for the first time of our lives. The sad thing for us all was when the lesson came to an end.
We have now picked up the necessary skills to take back home and we are all converted surfies.
Thank you Edwin and your assistant, Sardy.

1  Thank HunkiDori
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Our instructor Edwin taught us how to surf with so much professionalism, passion & fun. It is a pleasure to spend time with him on the beach and in the water. He loves to improve our surfing skills. Edwin is a man with such a positive aura. Thank you for all!! We will continue!!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have surfed with Edwin for 2 trips to Bali,he has great surfing knowledge and knows the right spots to take you.To top it off he is a really great guy,you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Brenton26