“Closed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Closed”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We planned to go for dinner arrived at the restaurant and found the place closed for good, it only opened a year ago, not sure when it closed

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Coakesy

Perth
“Not the best value for money.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I went to La Vigna Italian Restaurant for the Midget Boxing the ticket cost 50,000 rupiah my friends and I booked a ringside table on sitting down we were presented with the 175,000 rupiah set menu not cheap by Bali standards. I found the boxing dragged on for too long there was a lot of fun moments and some disturbing moments too. I felt bad that the 6 boxers had to share the same two pairs of gloves the entire night. The set menu the food was ok I had the spring rolls, the chicken parmie and the one profiterole for dessert but have had better elsewhere and for less money. I can't fault the staff they were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Definitely NOT the best Italian in Bali...”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Don't trust the website when they say it's the best Italian in Bali - Stadium does pasta 1000 times better!

We went there for the midget wrestling, which was quite funny in some parts, but not funny enought to make you forget about the terrible meals...

Entre was luke warm 'soup' with chunks of flavourless chicken, and 'aranchini balls', which were really just deep fried plain tasting rice... Main was okay, I had marinara and my fiancé had chicken Parma, his was good, but mine was sub par... Desert came out and I got a but more excited thinking it would at least end on a positive - WRONG! Dry, slightly burnt chocolate cake...

By all means go for the wrestling! 50k per person with drinks averaging about 44k. But eat dinner somewhere else!! Not worth the money!

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Set menu quality is FAR different to a la carte”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went here last night for the Midget Boxing. That was interesting and fun. A good laugh. But that's where it stops.

They only provide the set menu option (not sure if it's just cuz we had a big table or only on the boxing nights) which was VERY limited. Soup plus spring rolls or salad as the entree. Mains was just all ordinary chicken schnitzel,parma, few pizza options and pasta options. And dessert either a fruit salad or profiterole.

Service was pretty bad. They forgot out drink order but when we asked and got beers, they felt like they had none cold and put those on ice as they were dripping. Could've just told us that and we probably would've got water while we waited, chance to make more money. Plates took a while to be cleared.

The food: soup was nice but all the bread they gave you was literally a tiny bit of super toasted excuse for garlic bread. Spring rolls were nice. They forgot one of those. I had meatlovers pizza and it was way too big (I know right?) and barely had any toppings on it. Dessert was just one profiterole. Fake custard. The fruit salad wasn't cold. They forgot one and brought it out within 20 seconds so probably prepped up on plates waiting there.

Were quick to give and get the bill though. The boxing got a little stale in the end.

50 000 for entry, 175 000 per person for the set menu which I thought was steep. You could get the same dishes and pay around 100 000 elsewhere. We only had one or two rounds of beers in the end it was 2.35 million. For 10 of us.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Matt D
Albany WA
“Great value”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great value, service and food. Loved the cold towels on arrival and lovely staff.Also cheap cocktails. Shame we missed midget boxing!!! Will be back again and spread the word

• Visited April 2013