“Will be back!”

Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort
Ranked #10 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is located along Kuta beach, which is currently a one-way traffic road. If you're not planning on travelling around much to the other areas aside from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, then the location is perfect! Otherwise, traffic just to get around the hotel onto the bypass can be very daunting! On the same note, with Kuta Square and Beachwalk all within walking distances, staying put really does not seem like a bad idea as you have an abundant choice of eateries (and a brand new cinema), branded and local bargain shopping and the beach!

The hotel itself is simple and fuss-free. Check-in was swift and they very kindly accommodated an earlier check-in for us. However, the physical structure of the elevators/stairs and rooms proved confusing initially and if you're assigned a room at the end of the wing/building, be prepared for a walk each time you need to access the common areas like spa, restaurants, lobby or pool.

The rooms are spacious and clean cut. First impression is great as the bed is presented well and natural lighting is abundant! Housekeeping's attention to details of cleanliness could do with some improvement as there were ants on the floor, water marks on the glass panels in the bathroom, soap scum on the rain shower and rotten egg smell from the standing shower drainage (which was unbearable each time we needed to take a shower!).

The pool is sized enough to accommodate the peak hour crowd but do expect noise as the entire pool area is rather dense with lounge chairs and sun beds closely arranged. What was excellent was that there were treats circulating from the italian restaurant Bene each afternoon that we were there! A novel idea to keep guests happy as well as invite guests to dine at the restaurant! Each evening, the local Balinese dancers from the lobby would perform at the poolside as well so it is a bustling area and not one which is quiet and serene. They do have sun beds near the pool at the garden area which has lesser traffic and noise should you need a quiet location.

Shine Spa is located right at the pool area, which is something I found very strange as the noise was not blocked out given the open design concept. This made all our treatments in the rooms noisy and distracting, despite the piped in spa music. Also, because the spa is divided by glass panel doors, it doesn't create an immediate change of ambience or environment when you first step in, the usual spa feeling you'd expect before a relaxing spa treatment. The therapists are friendly and generally not consistent in their whole ritual having experienced the same spa treatment with different therapists. Overall, still worth a visit and worth the convenience when you're looking for a short weekend of relaxation!

Bene restaurant is decent with their menu selection and their private dining rooms makes for a wonderful location to host dinners for a small group of 8. Service is prompt and the team are ever willing to please!

Front Office staffing needs to be reviewed as each time there seems to be a queue at the desk when actually there are staff members seated inside the back office. So guests are kept waiting when most of the time is was not necessary. Best to call for assistance or to have them prepare billing prior to check-out to cut down on waiting time.

Lastly, for a relatively new hotel, the wear & tear and/or general maintenance seems pretty poor. Wooden furniture in the room was scratched or had scuff marks, walking along the hallways you could see walls needing paintworks or touch-ups, etc.

For what it's worth, I'd still keep this hotel as an option for my next return to Bali!

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room nearer to the public areas to avoid a lengthy walk!
3  Thank Muchadoaboutnothing
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Muchadoaboutnothing,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in such details as through comments like your we are able to revisit how certain service delivery take place.

I am glad to hear that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us and I do apologize if some parts of our services didn’t meet your expectation. Your comments are indeed to the point and I appreciate very much that you took the time to share this with us.
I once again would like to thank you for assisting us in improving our services and if your travels take you back to Bali in the near future please contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with your stay.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

have to wait such a long time only for check in procedure. if you just done a long hour flight this attitude will raise your temper. cold towel and refreshment drink is not help in this situation.
after check in procedure done. i have to wait for the luggage to be deliver in my room for 1 hour, i asked the bell boy he said there is no notification from the reception so he still wait in his station. unbelievable for Sheraton reputation.
i was promised to get the sea view room as i upgrade with extra cost but ended up in the room with a quarter sea view room instead of full view. overall this hotel is failed to represent Sheraton or Starwood chain reputation not only the staff performance but the building material and the finishing touch is awful.

7  Thank wizzardthing

Dear wizzardthing,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

I would like thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as it is indeed through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve and maintain our standards.

I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your short break and instead of allowing you to enjoy the short time you had in Bali, we have caused inconveniences.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed 5 nights in delux ocean view room. Redeemed spg points for this booking.

Really enjoyed the hotel and pool. Food at bene Italian restaurant underneath the hotel was spot on, really nice. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Troy-was-here,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Sheraton experience with the world on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to learn that your stay with us has mt your expectation and also glad to hear that you love our food in Bene our Italian restaurant. I will share your kind words with the team who makes this possible as I am sure they will be happy to know their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another great holiday.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights using SPG points, therefore basic deluxe room with no b/f included.

the check in was good; the room itself was great (sea view glimpse) except the aircon cannot be adjusted. But the location of the room sucked big time. It was right next to the shopping mall next door and it was NOISY !!. This was at 12 mid day. the noise continued until 1 am. So we changed rooms the next day to the opposite side of the hotel; which was much better.

At US$20 a head for breakfast; we skipped this and went to the shopping mall or starbucks or vino rosso (i think; out the hotel turn left and walk 50 yeards) where you get an adequate buffet B/F for around $9 nett.

We ate at bene, where the pizzas are huge and tasty, the red sangria came out white (until i stood my ground and insisted it was still white and not red), and the mozarella tomato salad was not available (i had this no mozarella issue all over bali). The sea views from this restauraant are lovely; and there a great private dining room should you ever need one.

Now the pool ..... aaaah :( Nice views from it, but as stated by others its small and not resort like at all. Plus i counted 8 umbrellas (not enough). Very comfy sunbeds but if you have one at the back of the pool; there is the constant drone of aircon condensers in the background, slightly whiffy smell possibly from the loos; and no shade.

The hotel layout is bizarre. There is a central block (reception) and 2 wings. In front of these 2 wings, and sea facing, is lots of unused space (gardens) with some sunbeds (again no umbrellas) . Very much a waste of space. They could do with adding a kids water play area one side and perhaps an adults jacuzzi or garden lounge/bar/bales on the other side.

Would we stay again ? Probably not, as we prefer to have variety. In general i think the available rates are quite high for this hotel, but as Bali in general becomes (sadly) much more westernised, hotel prices are all going up. This hotel in my opinion doesn't give value for money, if thats what you are looking for, but it does give quality western standards.

Room Tip: Definitely do not have a room the same side as beachwalk shopping centre unless you are a party anim...
5  Thank sheluvz2travl
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear livvylou,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I truly appreciate your detailed feedback and I have taken the liberty of sharing this with our team to let them understand what our guests are looking for and what their expectations are.
Also I would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations entirely…..

I know your choice is to have variety, however If your travels take you back to Bali in the near future please drop me a line and I would be glad to meet up for a coffee.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Being a frequent guest of Bali myself, I have to admit that the new Sheraton Kuta is a very nice and welcomed addition to the beautiful island. Let me start with the things that worked like a charm.

Location has to be first on the list! The hotel is less than 30 minutes away from the airport, even with the usual backlog of traffic that is fast becoming synonymous with Bali. Once you get past the traffic and arrive at the hotel, the first thing you will notice is that it is literally across from the famous, or is it infamous, Kuta Beach. Shopaholics can rejoice and take respite from the heat in the spanking new shopping mall that is connected to the Sheraton. How's that for convenience.

The first thing to greet you when you are at the hotel is the humungous high-ceiling lobby. Truly breath taking, it is. Equally impressive is the efficient check-in.

The breakfast spread is worth paying that wee bit more for. Although I did wish that it would be better off if it offered a better spread of International and Asian fare.

The room is spacious and complemented with a large, firm bed and comfortable pillows, it certainly was very inviting indeed. Everywhere you turn, attention to detail is pretty evident. An impressive cordless phone lies by the bedside. Heavy and plush bathrobes hang languidly for you. Generous countertop space and the area under the sink in the bathroom greet you. A well-thought washlet beckons you to come over. A comprehensive TV channel list prepares to entertain you. But the thing that truly stood out for me was the recycle bin in the room. It certainly speaks volume of the hotel's commitment to preserving the environment. So kudos to the management!

The pool was inviting to say the least, especially in the relentless Bali sunshine. What made it memorable was the complimentary servings of food and beverage! Nice touch, that.

But being only 4 month-old when my wife and I stayed in April, there were obvious teething issues. Nothing serious but it does take the gloss off the initial admiration for the hotel. For example, water seeps out of the bathroom glass door when you shower. The rain shower could do with a lot more oomph; it trickles rather than luxuriates. The toilet seat wobbles when you sit on it. Thank goodness I am not heavy-bottomed but it does make you wonder how the seat would hold up to the heavier-set guests. And truth be told, the small bath towel doesn't quite live up to the Sheraton-badge.

There is only one pool, and it is t-i-n-y. Reckon the hotel could do well with a few more pools, notably where the sundeck areas currently are in front of the other building wings.

One other thing, while the hotel might tout rooms with an Ocean View or Ocean Front or Ocean Facing in their literature, in truth they are Ocean Peeping, at best. Choose the suites if you prefer true ocean vista.

Last but not least, save for a handful, most of the staff are rather inexperienced. But I am sure, they will get better with time.

1  Thank jameskenglim

Dear jameskenglim,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve and maintain our standards.

Glad to hear that overall your stay was an enjoyable one and I do apologize for the areas which fall short of your expectations. I have shared your comments with the team who makes all of this possible so that they can see firsthand how their work creates memorable experiences.
Again thank you and I truly look forward to reconnecting with you again in near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The bad: 1) room 4014 air conditioner is broken its hot not cold...sometimes its cold but mostly hot.
Closet is dirty theres plenty of sand n the outside balcony has couple of empty bottles with cigarretes bud in it n also some blood stain on the sheet.
After 2nd night...the a/c is broken from 2 am to 9.30 am n to lazy to complain but after that i asked to change to another room..asked for someone to check but never show up till the 4032 room ready.
2) was given room 4032 the a/c is cold but the bathroom sewer is smell like newyork sewer, the room is decent but already disssapointed from the 1st and 2nd night

The good: its close to kuta beachwalk

The verdict: its doesnt meet my expecttation so i dont think i will comeback, there are plenty of good hotels in bali.
Chreers

10  Thank George H

Dear George H,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and caused inconveniences rather than allowing you to relax.

I am addressing each point detailed by you individually and together with the team work on rectifying these issues. I once again would like to thank you for sharing as it is feedback like yours that will assist us in improving our services.
We all hope and look forward to have a second chance to welcome you back to the Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

What do you expect with 5 Star hotel? should be excellent service right? well not this well-known hotel. We arrived on last Saturday afternoon and after a while waiting for a room ready, finally we got the keys and upon checked-in, I already gave our luggage tag to the reception and we expected the luggage delivery will be coming soon. But unfortunately after waiting for 15 mins, we still waiting for the luggages and I called Guest Service for follow up. Then the luggage coming to the room but with wrong luggages. Well waiting for luggages for 30 mins its really wasting our time since we only 1 day stay in Bali and wanna have spent our precious time there.
Late night after we return to our room to have a good rest but we cannot rest well. First the air-conditioning controlling not working at all. We likes our room temperature in cool condition since the outside wether was very hot but the controlling always in 23 degrees celcius while we try to change into 18 degress but cannot and we already tired to report to reception. After a while I woke up around 1 am cause by the noise from the outside that from fire alarm and I think its false alarm then it repeat again almost every hour for 3 times. Common, what kind of hotel is this?
During morning time, when we settled the billed I'm so surprise when your staff ask for our credit card for settlement that we dont have the same last 4 digit numbers. I've asking your staff to have a look the pre-authorization during check in and you know what, its belong to another guest. How can your reception desk working careless for this simple checkout process?? if this hotel only 2-3 star may be I can understand but this 5 star hotel and with all the overall service that you gave us its really unsatisfactory at all.

10  Thank yapmosch
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear yapmosch,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

I would be glad to hear more about your experience and if convenient, please contact me on my email address dario.orsini@sheraton.com
Look forward to hearing from you and also to have a second chance and welcome you back to the Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

Dario Orsini

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Hilton Bali Resort
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection

Been to Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort? Share your experiences!