“Really impressive”

Ranked #24 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Davangere, India
“Really impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with a very affordable price.the mini fridge in d room is refilled daily and absolutely free.
The hotel potrays a luxurious and modern design.
The staffs are always smilling and willing to help.
Breakfast is okay with a good variety of food.the restaurant portabella serves nice western food and the price is very affordable.
The spa is great!!me n my bf fell asleep during the massage and the girls massage for us are really sweet.
The pool however is not that well maintained.
Anyway,me n my bf feel that this hotel is great and worth every single penny we paid for.
Will i visit this hotel again if i go bali?definately=)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AndreasLalenoh, General Manager at Fontana Hotel Bali, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear julialau0321,

thank you for your generous review after you had your memorable stay at Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.

It is our sole intention to keep the standard and to ensure that every single guests' needs are taken care of. Especially on the pool. It was really hard for us to maintain the quality of the pool while on the rainy season like December. We always monitor the condition daily and do our utmost ability to keep the pool in order.

But, the rainy season is finally over, and the pool back to its clear state and I do hope when you back to Fontana Hotel Bali, you will see the difference.

All the staff, especially Suma Spa's, will glad when they read your comment about your experience.

Thank you and looking forward welcoming you back to Fontana Bali Hotel managed by Topotels.

Andreas LALENOH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel because it's recommended by my friend. When i arrived at fontana, i was impressed by its design. It makes me feel comfort staying at the hotel. The room is very clean and tidy. But i wasn't given any towels in the bathroom, so i need to call housekeeping staff for that. It also provides kimonos to wear. Our room was in front of the pool but we can't go to pool directly. The pool isn't quite large. It has portabella restaurant & sunny16 cafe. The food is nice and sunny cafe opens 24 hours. There's wifi throughout the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AndreasLalenoh, General Manager at Fontana Hotel Bali, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Ibu Sylvia T,

many thanks for your review of Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.
i am glad that you enjoy our Portabella Bistro and Sunny16 Cafe. They are currently being a hot spot in Bali.

I am terribly sorry for missing towels in your room. Ibu, please be assured that this is not reflecting our level of service. I will, personally, identify the main issue on this case to ensure that it will never happened again.

I will definitely share this comment to all my team member.

Ibu Sylvia T, I am looking forward welcoming you back to Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels in the near future.

Andreas Lalenoh
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We arrived on Sunday night at around 11:30pm and found check in really smooth, fast and were welcomed by friendly, helpful staff. Our room (Deluxe) is really comfortable, clean and so pretty. The bed is HUGE and my Fiance and I could both 'spread out' and had sooo much room.

The mini fridge gets re-stocked every day with FREE drinks and peanut snacks (how awesome is that?) and our FREE buffet breakfast every morning was always really yummy. The breakfast menu is changed daily so you dont get bored. I would recommend going to breakfast as early as possible, though - because Al and I arrived at around 9-9:30am and everything was cold by then - apart from the freshly made pancakes, crepes or eggs which were always lovely.

The staff are always happy, friendly and ready to help. They learnt our names and would call out "morning Al and Janet" as we passed through the lobby and ask how our day was, which was a really nice touch. It's a nice quiet hotel but not boring as the hotel put on movies every evening on the upper deck, the bar was really fun to hang out in, the pool is gorgeous and serene and because Al and I were here for Christmas - staff took time to 'hide a gingerbread man in our room' - which we still havent found yet but we're like little kids with hope of finding him sometime soon :)

The free shuttle is AWESOME. Although it's only once every 4 hours, it's not a bus - it's a private car that's roomy, gorgeous, clean and COLD which is so nice in this humidity and heat. They not only take you into the centre of Kuta, but you can call the hotel to pick you up as well :) Although every 4 hours is a long wait, we found that if we 'missed' the 9:00am shuttle because of too many passengers, it was only a 10-15 minute wait for the next one and they ran continuously so that no one missed out.

Today and tomorrow are our last days here and I'm so happy with our stay so far and will be sad to be leaving such a lovely place with staff who couldn't do enough for us and don't expect anything in return.

Room Tip: Definitely choose something with a pool view and try to get a room that's on the top floor becau...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LittleJay2013
Dear LittleJay2013,

thank you for your lovely review while you were enjoying your Christmas holiday with Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.

Especially for our shuttle, there will be some changes in 2014. We will do it hourly, not every four hours anymore. This is to accommodate guests demand and we are happy doing this.
And, for breakfast, I am communicating this to my Kitchen team to ensure that the breakfast buffet is always hot all the time. Thank you for this comment.

We have had good comments from other guests for our Christmas Movie Night, plus yours. It is a pleasure for us to know that this program has a good result.

LittleJay2013, again, thank you for the review. I will share your comment to our team member. And, I am looking forward to welcome you back to Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.

Andreas Lalenoh

PS: the ginger bread was on your bed side drawer, actually. Please don't tell anyone.
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Was staying at the hotel 6-12th December.

Check-in and check out was smooth! Front office and bellman are friendly, efficient and fast. Breakfast was amazing. Room is a bit small for a deluxe but the rooms are always clean and with comfortable bed. Our bathroom always has a leakage below the sink on the floor everytime we finish shower. Maybe the hotel can re-look on it. Sadly the rooms are all Non-Smoking rooms but you can smoke outside the room.

The only challenge we had is the location. It is far and away from Kuta area or shopping areas. We had our driver (Highly recommended) to take us around.

I was expecting the hotel to have a "WOW" feeling when we came even when we enter in the room as it is the no. 1 hotel in Kuta. (Thats the reason why we booked the hotel due to the rating in tripadvisor) However it was a "OUH OKAY" feeling.

Adding, A big Thank you to Dayu and Putra for assisting me with the reservations. Very patient and prompt to reply agents. Both are gems to the hotel.

Room Tip: -i still prefer the deluxe room as it has a balcony with it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AndreasLalenoh, General Manager at Fontana Hotel Bali, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear SunSandSea_13,

thank you for your time reviewing Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels on your recent visit to Bali. I am glad that in overall you enjoyed your long staying with us.

I personally apologize for the leaking under the sink. Engineering team is looking at the room you stayed on (#116). And, I am sure it can be rectified immediately.
We have our shuttle actually to Kuta/Legian area for guest conveniences. Our Guest Service Assistant is always ready to assist you with this free facility.

I do hope your next visit will meet your expectation as WOW Hotel. Dayu and Putra send their best regards to you, too.

I am looking forward welcoming you back to Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had a wonderful (short) 3-day stay at Fontana Bali. As a family of 4 (2-adults and 2-teenagers) it was cheaper to get 2 x interconnecting rooms instead of a family room and a 3-day special price on the internet booking worked out under AU$50 per room per night. The hotel is great with amazingly friendly staff who will do whatever they can to assist. The complex has a beautiful pool and a great restaurant with a good free breaky that has an OK selection.
For a few days or maybe longer, the hotel is fantastic and highly recommended. There is security staff at the front entrance to the complex and the facility was always clean and well presented.
The distance from Fontana to other locations (i.e. Kuta Beach, Waterbom Park etc) is probably beyond walking distance but is only AU$2 to 3 away by taxi, and there are taxis everywhere on the main road (Jalan Dewi Sri). Dont hesitate to stay at Fontana. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DJaaayyy
AeLHa, General Manager at Fontana Hotel Bali, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear DJaaayyy,

A very warm greetings from Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.
Thank you very much for your review on your last great stay with us.

We are very honored receiving your comments about the hotel, the staff, the facilities, and the breakfast. We always do our best to ensure your stay is memorable.
Our family rooms are designed to cater the need of a family who wants to stay close together.
You may not be aware that we serve shuttle bus service to Kuta Area should you wish to enjoy Kuta atmosphere. Fontana Hotel Bali's Guest Service Assistant will be more than happy to assist for the shuttle.

DJaaayyy, I am looking forward welcoming you and your family back to Fontana Hotel Bali.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I was here on 1Dec to 4th dec for my honeymoon. I found this hotel a best place to stay, especially the staffs were very good n helpfull. If anyone visiting bali then do stay at this hotel. Far from the crowded place and a very calm place.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Thejasvi U
Dear Mr. Thejasvi,

a warm greetings from Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.

Thank you for your time reviewing us and I am glad that you had experienced the memorable honeymoon.
Mr. Thejasvi, I am looking forward welcoming you back to Fontana Hotel Bali on your next visit.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

At the hotel right now on my last night of a 6 night stay. So sad to leave as stay has been wonderful. Staying with just hubby, 2.5yr old and 5 month old.

Room: got upgraded to a deluxe room facing the pool on the top floor, away from the lift. This suited us fine as it was quieter and there was less noise when my kids were either napping or asleep. The walls are very thin, I could hear ppl outside and the construction very clearly but was not too much of an issue as we were out most days.
Bed was King size and super comfortable! My toddler slept in the bed with us and there was plenty of room. Room spacious enough and quite clean.

Location: a bit away from the main area but they provide free shuttle or else its like $2.50 for a taxi. No big deal.

Staff: wonderful. Very friendly. Helpful and willing to accommodate. They even helped us carry our stuff to our room a few times, at the end of a long day out when our hands were full with the kids! Also, noted to give us a glass of ice on the table after a few mornings of asking for it. Little personal touches like that make for a good hotel. Sales staff Putra was also very responsive and helpful.

Breakfast: amazing, probably one of the highlights of the stay. Looked forward to it every morning!! Seriously yummy food with different choices every day.

Suma Spa: had a 2hr basalt stone massage. Sooo good!! Plus the facilities are a beautiful haven in the middle of busy bali. Thanks dian for the great massage!

Pool: Small but nice. The kids pool is very plain & tiny but my toddler was entertained enough. Not many loungers which was only a problem once, when we came down in the afternoon for a swim instead of the morning.

Other facilities include portabella restaurant; sunny 16 cafe (try the lychee ice tea) and the gym which we didn't use. Wifi was always generally good connection. Oh and the free minibar was a big plus! The architecture of the place was also very interesting and modern.

Only criticisms I have is that sometimes the room could've been cleaned a bit better (eg/tidy things up on the table and throw array rubbish that was lying around) and some signs of wear and tear even though the hotel is only a yr old (one of the walls in my room had paint coming off it). Also, the first day my toddler sat in one of the chairs at portabella and fell through the hole on the back of the chair onto the floor. That was the only time I found staff unattentive. No-one came over to see if she was ok even though they were standing right there or offer a high chair (which they should've done when we sat down for lunch).

Anyway, none of those things were deal breakers and we still had an awesome stay at this hotel. Would definitely stay here again. Giving it 5 stars considering value for money! Thanks fontana!! We will be back again :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jezz3
Dear Jezz3,

a very warm greetings from Fontana Hotel Bali managed by Topotels.
Thank you for your review on us and I am glad that you had your fantastic holiday with us.

It is so nice reading your comment on our hotel and facilities. It is always our intention to make everything perfect. And, I am personally, offering my apology for inattentive staff at Portabella when your toddler fell. I can assure you, this is not reflecting the whole staffs characteristics at Fontana Hotel Bali. I will brief my Portabella team to be more attentive on this kind situation.

Jezz3, once again, thank you for your review. I will make sure Putra and Dian get copy of your comment so they know that they are being acknowledged by you.