“Nice place to watch the world pass you by” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandbar

Sandbar
Ranked #26 of 944 Restaurants in Kuta
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Australian, Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Darwin
“Nice place to watch the world pass you by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hubby and I often stop in here for a coldy. The service is always good, reasonably priced and the Bintang cold.
Stopped for dinner this trip. Sandbar Pizza is good. We changed some of the toppings no problem! Staff are friendly and happy. Although I rated this place poor romance you could get a table out the back and it might be ok :-)

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai Region, China
“Delicious and beautifully presented food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

As restaurant owner I really appreciate good food and good presentation. I just perked my bike next to this place and went there for quick bite. I was so pleased with the food that I could not believe it! I had sprig rolls, thai beef salad and Gado Gado with accompanied with glass of local vodka on ice. It was truly delicious treat. Will come back for more :)

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Live Band lovers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Not the perfect spot for a sundowner but my partner and I will definitely go back again. It's right in front of Kuta Beach. There was lovely ambience and the beer was cheap.

• Visited November 2013
“Ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok
The half price cocktails had more ice in the glass than drink
The bintang was cheap
Would I go back yes
Nice spot opposite the beach

Visited November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food, menu simple, great location....but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a pretty fussy eater, ( I hate to admit), but, the Sandbar has really tasty food, although I must say we ate there mostly for dinner, so I can't rate the lunch menu. For dinner there is Lamb Shank (falling off the bone), Beef Tenderloin (made to order), Chicken Schnitzel, Chicken Parmigiano...As well as pasta dishes, simple kids menu, (adults meals are better than kids menu), a few traditional indo meals and yummy cheesy garlic bread.
This is my only complaint......Please take note Sandbar. Your staff are friendly and efficient, but perhaps, be careful how overly entertaining when guest come to dinner with children.
We have a 4 and 5 year old and found it extremely frustrating.... particularly at dinner time, when the kids were getting tired, that the staff are overly playful. They were tickling them, offering sweets before dinner, picking them up and in general overly exciting them when they should be settling for dinner. What I am saying is it took twice as long to settle them down to enjoy the meal. Look....that's my personal opinion but found that if it wasn't for the "over exuberance" of the staff we probably would have eaten there more often.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mebalimad

Been to Sandbar? Share your experiences!