“Too noisy to my liking...”

Bemo Corner Guest House
Ranked #83 of 287 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We only stayed there for 2 nights. And 2 nights were more than enough..

Pros:
1. Location:
- It is almost 10 min walking distance from Kuta beach and 20 min driving from Depansar International Airport
2. Eating:
- Lots of warungs and restaurants selling Halal food within 1-2 mins walking distance
3. There is an authorised/licensed money exchange right below the Bemo Corner. PLEASE use authorised exchanger as there are instances where unauthorised exchanger try to short-change you.

Other than that, there's nothing good about the hotel itself!

Cons: What I don't like about it:
1. Noisy:
It was too noisy! Lots of honking and noises from speeding cars and motorbikes. I had trouble sleeping!
2. The window could not be closed
3. No closet to put our clothes
4. WiFi didn't work
5. The room is not clean at all. Hairs everywhere on the floor.
6. No room service in two days

The cons outweighed the pros. Don't think I'll go there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne_Mohd

Reviewed May 26, 2013

we had booked for two nights, but we had to check out before we could even spend the first night there. air in the room was so mouldy it was impossible to spend time indoors, because within few minutes me and my boyfriend started to feel itching in our eyes and throats. when we turned on the aircon, splashes of brown water came out of it, so we had to turn it off because the smell of mould only increased with air circulation. there were no windows to get fresh air in, and even the bed smelled like wet laundry left in the washing machine. wifi didn't work even when i was standing under the modem in the corrior. the staff seemed indifferent about us leaving, no compensation was offered. left a super bad taste in our mouths :( cannot recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lipsticktrace
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It located at a strategic area. Legal money changer is just down the hotel. Hotel supply toileteries & tea/coffee, only once per your stay so please get your stuff ready. Though the wifi is slow at the room but it is faster near the reception desk. No wardrobe, hanger were supplied.
Shopping, this is the area.

Room Tip: Choose room with window, much better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I want to warn you all, and tell you not to go here! It's terrible. At first hand it looks great and clean. But if you read my story, I hope you'll think twice about staying the night!

I actually had no problems coming here the first time, but then we booked via booking.com. The second time I stayed here I thought it was going to be the same. I came with two other friends. When we arrived we asked what the price was for 3 persons for 2 nights. They told us that it was 500 000 rp. Because my friends had to fly back to holland, I decided to stay one day longer, also because I was very ill. One of my friends had asked for the bill before the left and as a present they had paid for me. She paid 500 000 rp. When I woke up the next morning to check out I was confronted with a bill of another 750 000 rp. Because they told me the 500 000 rp had only been for one room. While another staff member in the beginning told us it was 500 000 rp for 2 rooms. So I got very angry. I told him I was only going to pay 250 000 rp for the night I spend there extra and I told the staff to call their manager. In reply the staff told me their boss was angry with them and that I still had to pay the ridiculous amount of 750 000 rp.

Also when I tried to bargain about me paying more than 250 they told me I could also talk with a (corrupt) police officer if I wanted. So I payed the full price, left very angry, sad and still a little ill. I wanted to come back one more time to bemo corner before I left for the airport, but now there's not one single cell in my body that would go there again. I'd advice you therefore to stay somewhere else to avoid any confusion. Because the staff is very rude, their english is bad most of the time and you are not sure what you are going to need to pay! Also you are not sure who to trust because there are so many different people either working there or just visiting. There's not one real supervisor or anything. I think i've met like 15 different people that are present near the reception during my 3 day stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank QueensAmersfoort
Reviewed March 17, 2013

When we arrived we were told we have to moved to Matahari Guest House at Jl. Tegal Wangi No 14, location not as strategy as Bemo Corner. Deluxe room are small but clean & comfort, a little noisy due to poor soundproofing. Room with 2x free mineral water, serve free coffee & tea, hot water, refrigerator, wifi, cable tv & air-con, unfortunately my air-con not working very well. Walking distance to Kuta beach, shopping center, restaurant, bars & relaxation places.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

the hotel can be considered as clean. the toilet and bedroom is very clean, even though it's quite dark there because the light is dark yellow not white. the bed is really great, due to it is good quality spring bed There is no breakfast there, but you will get 2 bottle of water. the cost is quite good, if you go there with bunch of friends.

The place is quite strategic because it is near the beach, and art market. you will only need less than 10 minutes go there by walk. There are mini markets, and drugstore near there too.

I will considered this place not to noisy, because i booked the superior. superior room is on 2nd floor, and located really inside of the bemo corner guest house, so the sound of traffic won't be heard.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked Bemo Corner via Agoda for two nights early Feb 2013.
Pros:
1- Location: It is almost 10 min walking distance from beach and Matahari Shopping center area 20 min driving from Depansar International Airport
2- Neighbors: There is a licensed money exchange right below the Bemo Corner and a Pharmacy and some other super markets and groceries which you can find almost all your daily needs
3- Eating: With just 3 to 5 minutes walking you can find a lot of restaurants and coffee shops, beside there is an Indian restaurant opposite the place
4- The guest house is renovated and its almost clean, at least the room I stayed
5- I read before in TA, that the room's doors can be locked just by a padlock, an I prepared my self for that, but they had those RFID cards with security doors ;)

Cons
1- Noisy: It is a noisy area and there is lots of cars and motorbikes and even other guests noises
2- My room had now view and even a window
3- WiFi didn't work
4- No room service in two days
5- There is no closet

I hope it helps you all ;)

Room Tip: Taxi fare from there to airport is something like IDR 70,000 almost USD 8. Don't change your mon...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo