“Conveniently located”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Conveniently located”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Like a previous reviewer mentioned, this restaurant is conveniently located on Legian Street in Kuta, right opposite the 101 Bali Legian where we were staying. The restaurant always seemed quite popular so we went here on the 2nd to last night of our holiday. The pricing was reasonable and the pizza and "Gordon Blue" (hehe) dishes were lovely although a couple of my friends didn't enjoy the prawn starters they ordered, saying there were only 1-2 prawns in the whole dish and that the sauce tasted a little funky. There were 5 of us and most of the tables that were set up were for 4 so the staff were really accommodating and helpful; arranging for an extra table to be added and for an extra chair. The food didn't take too long to come out either although like we've experienced with a lot of Bali restaurants, we received our meals quite far apart and 3 of us had all but finished their meals by the time the last 2 dishes had been delivered to the table. Overall I couldn't really complain though as the service was friendly, my own dish was lovely and the pricing like previously mentioned, was reasonable.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great prices, great service.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location when staying at the 101 Legian - directly across the road. The staff are super friendly and professional. The food was lovely. Standard selection, nothing fancy but the pizzas are delish! And the fresh fruit drinks with ice-cream mmmmm!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bianca D
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
“Only for drink. That's it.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We walked from our hotel and in the middle we found this place, quite a good crowd.

Ordered drinks and a simple cream tomato soup, as I was not too hungry at that time. I had to remind the waiter for my order after 45 minutes waiting. If it took that long only to make soup, I'm afraid how long they need to make other dishes? It didn't taste good either.

Good thing about this place only the location and the atmosphere as you can watch people walk by and have a nice chat over a nice cold bintang. That's it. Only drink.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank teppita
Perth, Australia
“Nice place, Great staff, Ok pizza.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It is a shame that the pizza we had here one night in febuary this year was not nice. We went over the road from the 101 Hotel at about 9.30 with people we had met that day by the pool. They both got a pizza each and we got just one for our daughter and a serve of fries. The fries were just warm and the pizza was poor in flavour. The staff were great and when it came time to shut up for the night our friends were short on money. We offered to lend them 200.000rup but they said they would go to the atm and get more money. After a few minutes they returned without more money as the atm was out of order. The staff wanted to help but i insisted on paying for them and at no time did they treat us like we were trying to do a dodgee thing. It was late and we did stop them from going home quickly but it was all paid and everyone was happy. I got my money the next morning from these people we just met. I just wished the food was a bit
better.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 2014FpvGt
Brisbane
“Room for improvement!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We dropped in because it was busy mid afternoon compared to other restaurants.

Positives - Good atmosphere, friendly staff, tasty food, not expensive.

Negatives - Meals delivered staggered being approx 10 minutes apart per person for all 3 meals, they forgot 1 of our drink orders, but biggest issue I had was that my fish was not cooked properly.

I think the negatives related to the fact they were busy, but serving fish partly raw is not good enough. I mentioned to the waiter the food was not cooked properly and her boss apologized and did not charge me for that item.

Hopefully they will address these issues as this restaurant has loads of potential.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Warung Mina? Share your experiences!