Open today: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Humble Bali Cooking Experience with Maria

It was truly a local balinese cooking experience at Maria's home. She was very welcoming and... read more

Reviewed January 27, 2020
SandraW2408
Singapore, Singapore
Fantastic authentic food class

We had such a good time with Maria, only the 2 of us, so it was intimate too. Maria took us to the... read more

Reviewed January 10, 2020
h_l_nell2015
Marseille, France

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

Maria is super friendly and cute Indonesian lady. She starts with a tour on the market to pick up the needed products.. Then she explains how to cook, tou ll get hands on experience and finally best part.. You eat it all.. Or take away!!

Also all recipees are made available!!
All in all, fantastic to spend half a day in Kuta...

Date of experience: November 2015
JBuurman, Guest Relations Manager at Maria's Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2015

Thank you very much for the nice review and are glad you had a wonderful day cooking.

Please like and post on Maria's Facebook page too. just search on Facebook - mariascookingclassbali.

Thanks once again

Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

We had a great time at our class with Maria. We shared the class with two other couples- the maximum class size. Based out of Maria's house, this is a class that you'll be able to walk away from feeling confident of replicating the food at home. Her Rendang recipe is an absolute must-make!
Maria is friendly and welcoming with a good command on English, so all of our questions were answered. Her teaching style is unique and she's incredibly passionate about making sure her students continue to cook and eat Indonesian food when they return home.
If you want a sparkling white well air conditioned kitchen where everyone has their own cooktop then this isn't for you, but if you want to learn about Balinese and Indonesian life, culture and food, then this is a brilliant day with money well spent.

Date of experience: November 2015
JBuurman, Public Relations Manager at Maria's Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2015

Thank you very much for your great review. Hope you had a great time and enjoyed the food. Please visit Maria's page on face book just search Maria's Cooking Class Bali and post some pics if you have any.

Reviewed October 29, 2015 via mobile

Maria is a brilliant host and is very kind. Unfortunately we were staying too far away to make the trip to the market which was earlier in the morning however the rest of the day was really good fun!
Maria emailed us before to ask what we would like to cook and then took us through each dish and even gave us the recipes to take home to try for ourselves.
It was such good fun and we made some really tasty food in the traditional Indonesian way.
My tip would be to ask to make a Rendang which tasted incredible and also have a big breakfast before because you can get a bit hungry when smelling all the amazing food cooking!!

Date of experience: October 2015
JBuurman, Guest Relations Manager at Maria's Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2015

Reviewed October 9, 2015

Maria isa very nice person. She picked me up at the lobby and we took a taxi to get to a market. As I left my hotel around 9.30 am and I was staying in Legian, the local market she took me to was a bit quiet. Still I enjoyed looking around interesting vegetables, fruits and spices. I recommend you to start your day earlier if you want to see local market in their busy time. I was lucky as no one booked her lesson on the same day I had. It was like a private one. She gave me a bunch of copy of her recipes but you need to take photos of her original recipes if you really want to know the details of ingredients. In the copy you cannot find how many garlic cloves we need, for example. It's all in the pictures. We discussed what we make on our way to her apartment and we made Rendang, Chicken curry, Semur and Indonesian style fried vegetable. To prepare 4 dishes, I spent 2-3 hours. It's better to take a big breakfast and not to have this lesson in your tight schedule.This lesson takes time. The kitchen is in the out side of her house so if you are fastidious...I don't recommend. She supposed to take me back to my hotel but she left me in Kuta, which was not professional as I paid 42 US$ including fee to go and comeback. Anyways I enjoyed the class and still cheaper compare to other cooking school so it was not a big deal. But again I'm not sure how it will be with many people. I was just lucky to get a private one.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank mrsandersonsan

Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

My sister in law & I did the class today . We cooked some delicious dishes. Fantastic day out cooking & eating with Maria .
Highly recommended !!

Date of experience: September 2015
JBuurman, Guest Relations Manager at Maria's Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2015

Thankyou for your wonderful comments on the class.
Please checkout our new Facebook page Mariascookingclassbali