Open today: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Humble Bali Cooking Experience with Maria

It was truly a local balinese cooking experience at Maria's home. She was very welcoming and... read more

Reviewed January 27, 2020
SandraW2408
Singapore, Singapore
Fantastic authentic food class

We had such a good time with Maria, only the 2 of us, so it was intimate too. Maria took us to the... read more

Reviewed January 10, 2020
h_l_nell2015
Marseille, France

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2015

Fascinating day. We actually booked for four hours but finished up doing nearly eight. Started at a market where a lot of unfamiliar fruit and vegetables were pointed out. Then back to Maria's tiny rooms to get cracking. we made five or six dishes as a sort of group effort, Rendang, very complex and quite hard work, a chicken dish whose name I forget, but rather sweet, begedel - a sort of vegetable fritter, gado-gado and chicken sate.
We then ate as much as we could but there was quite a lot left.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank LanceBombardier
JBuurman, Guest Relations Manager at Maria's Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Thanks for your wonderful review for Maria's Cooking Class Bali.
Maria now has a Facebook page that will keep people up to date with her cooking classes prices and information.

Reviewed June 8, 2015 via mobile

Wow, what a wonderful day with a wonderful host. The class was hands on, informative, and oh so delicious! Maria is simply lovely, making sure we were all well looked after. The food was soooo good. A depth of flavour no sauce mix could hope to emulate. It was the most enjoyable experience of our stay. I looked at many different classes, and I am very glad I went with a local home cook. The food was better than I have had in restaurants. Support local!

Date of experience: June 2015

Reviewed May 15, 2015

Maria is a great cook and guide, with good knowledge of local produce and Indonesian cuisine. We enjoyed a trip to the market, then preparing and cooking 5 dishes.
It was a very hands on, down to earth experience. Recommended for anyone that would like a truly 'local' and traditional cooking class. A really authentic adventure!

Date of experience: May 2015

Reviewed March 7, 2015

My husband and I did a cooking class with Maria a couple of years ago and absolutely loved the entire experience. She has amazing cooking talent, teaches you a lot, food is yummy and her house is very clean. We've cooked the recipes back in Aus and they turned out fabulously! We are returning to Bali this year and we will be returning to cook with Maria!

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank Sian A

Reviewed March 1, 2015

I went to Maria's cooking class by myself when my husband went diving. She came and pick me up from the hotel and we went straight to her house because it was raining that morning so we weren't able to go shopping at the market. Her place was tiny but she kept it clean. She taught me how to make Nasi Goreng and a few more dishes that I couldn't remember the names lol I'd definitely recommend her to my friends if they want to try cooking class in Bali. Please please give it a try. It's so much fun :)

Date of experience: November 2014