“nice villa with pool near to Kuta”

Best Western Kuta Villa
Ranked #103 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Spent 3 Nights here in BW Kuta Villa before heading to Ubud.. Love the compactness and the plunge pool that comes with our Villa Room (we got the free upgrade as was on Honeymoon i think :))

Clean room daily and the turn down service was a surprise.. the only down side was that the buffet breakfast was limited but not a major issue as there are food stall a short walk from the hotel.

At the price paid, with the free hotel pick up, shuttle to kuta n our own "pool" rite at our front door.. It was a great stay...

Definitely will be back !!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hotel located at wonderful location very near the beach. Rooms are very clean and reasonably priced. Main downside is the rooms are very small. Staff is very helpful and great internet service available. Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I traveled with my girlfriend from Lombok to Bali after difficult trek to Mount Rinjani. 10 hours before arrival I called to hotel to verify whether my booking is correct and also to check my airport pick-up (however I provided everything before by email). They said that everything is fine and they know about me. Additionally I booked SPA for 1h for me and my girlfriend starting at 9PM and asked how long the hotel restaurant is opened, whether we can still eat something after the massage. Here is my story with this hotel and hotel staff.

AIRPORT PICKUP:
When we arrived to airport at arrival hall nobody was waiting us. I was looking for my driver among many other drivers waiting for guests but I was not able to find him. After 5 min I decided to call to hotel and check what happened. The guy from hotel staff said that driver is there and I should look one more time. Ok I looked one more time, but again I did not find him. I call again hotel, I was ensured that driver is there, etc … on my third call I asked whether they know that flight landed to domestic terminal, the guy on the phone said that he spoken to driver and he is waiting in the front of Starbucks coffee, I said I don’t know where it is. OK after 15 min we moved to international terminal arrival hall which is opposite to Starbucks, but again no one was there. I called again to hotel and they said the driver is waiting in the front of Starbucks coffee. I still don’t understand why the driver was waiting there whereas all drivers were waiting at arrival halls. After 6 calls to hotel (I spent a lot of money) and 40 min of waiting at airport we found driver is waiting literally in the front of Starbucks coffee. He was the only driver waiting there. My name printed on the paper contained typo.

CHECK IN:
Since we waited 40 min at quite busy airport where everyone was smoking and you can’t escape anywhere, we arrived to hotel lobby super-tired and nervous. No apologize from hotel staff. When I asked why they forgot, I heard multiple different stories, like many guests arrived at same time, or traffic jam. Even there was no traffic jam at all. The check-in was super long. They saw we are totally tired and exhausted, I was bothered to fill everything, to pay deposits and I also found out that I have been already charged 3 days before arrival to hotel. This was ok, but when I asked how it is possible that they did not forget to charge me, but did forget to pick me up from air port, they just laughed and start to speak Indonesian …
Hotel staff was totally rude and laughing to me, because this was normal for them that hotel guest is waiting almost 1h at airport and like idiot is walking with tons of baggage from one terminal to another one … hotel staff announced that because we were late, they have canceled our booking in SPA  It was 8:55 pm at that moment and my booking was at 9 pm. They said we can go to spa at 10 pm. Then I realized that we want be able to manage to eat in restaurant … we decided to wait 1 h and go for massage after long travelling and finally relax. Whole checking with rude staff was about 10 min. They offered to us small drink … that was all.
At 10 pm we came to spa, the personnel said that they have booking from reception, but only for 1 person … so not possible to go together … I was totally sad, no upset but sad about this and wanted to left immediately from hotel, then I realized that I was already charged … so we decided to stay. I told to hotel staff at reception that on next day I would like to speak with manager of hotel, but no one showed up … which was weird, again NO apologize that they totally spoiled our day. I completely don’t understand … Even I have perfectly planned everything before arrival, everything went wrong.

HOTEL ROOM:
A lot of minor and major problems, here is the list:
- Clock in the room showing wrong time +11h 30 min
- Literally you can hear what is happening outside from you room, slashing the doors, talking, ring, it was hard to sleep in this loudly place.
- Freezer in the room was constantly generating loudly sound and producing light from transparent door, then, I switched it off.
- You can hear weird sound from ceiling during night, probably from air-con, although it was turned off.
- SHOWER: after arrival when we used the shower it was complicated to set normal temperature of warm water, it was either super hot or cold. My girlfriend was in the shower after me, then there was no hot water at all, she was shaking from the cold and almost crying, this was total nightmare  I regretted that we have not left immediately.

CLENLINES of room: room was clean, however we saw some dirty places, see photo attachment, it was disgusting.

SPA: On next day we went to spa, the oil they used was cold, like from freezer (?). The general problem with this spa is the environment. It doesn’t looks like Balinese spa, because they have big windows and the room is very bright and room is orientated towards street, so during massage you can also enjoy the sounds of the street: motorbikes, horning, etc. However, no relaxation music in the spa. The staff cannot speak English, so hard to explain that massage should be stronger, etc … The ceiling of the room was particularly from mold. Since they won’t give you anything to cover your eyes when you lie on back, you can enjoy this view. The massage itself was not bad. After massage we did not receive any hot beverage, like ginger tea or anything else.

RESTAURANT: Restaurant was excellent, the meal was delicious and we really enjoyed the food here. Also the breakfast was nice, you can choose from plenty of various options. Nothing to complain here, it was perfect.

ENVIRONMENT: This hotel is beautiful, is new, well decorated in modern Balinese style.

AROUND HOTEL: Probably the worse part of Bali, hotel is surrounded by total mess and might be dangerous over the night, it is 30 min far away walking from Kuta Beach.

CHECK-OUT: Check out was quite fast, but weird is I did not receive any invoice, they have charged my credit card before I came to hotel and staff was surprised why I’m asking invoice or bill from this payment. Then I received it.

I recommend AVOID this hotel, I was happy when we left from this nightmare. Hotel looks beautiful, but stupid staff can destroy your holiday. Since manager refused to meet with me I assume they don’t care whether I was happy or not.

Room Tip: I don't know, it might be that rooms with small pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tomas H
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We book a villa with a plunge pool, the room was cozy enough with a clean bathtub in the bathroom and the outdoor shower. Near to the airport but quite far from kuta beach. They got a free shuttle to discovery mall, but only one shuttle in a day. The breakfast was ok.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The newly opened BW Villa is very nice to stay. I like the authentic designs of it and it's suitable for couple to stay or a single business traveller like me. The staff are friendly and all of them remembered my name. :D

No worry if you need to go Kuta because they have shuttle service. Along the roads are the full strectch of restaurants available.

Just one thing, the open air restaurants should have fans installed coz this is still Asia....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We book the last night in bali and it is the best value for money hotel in indonesia we have been
The staff give us a two upgrade room, a small villa with jacuzzi in front of the pool
There is free shuttle to airport
I hardly recomend it

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank avb1979
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived at BW Kuta Villa for one night after we got to Bali before we travelled to Ubud - booked through booking.com.
We didn't start too well as the airport transfer wasn't there which was very stressful upon arriving at Denpasar airport.
When we got out own, and arrived at the hotel they were very apologetic and upgraded both of our rooms from delux to suites.
The rooms were lovely - the outdoor plunge pool and shower very romantic; and the room itself very well appointed. Everything was compact, but still lovely.
Pool and bar area great, bit tired in restaurant.
The location is a bit daunting, down a dirt road, but is a haven when you get there and the taxis are only a couple of dollars to the centre of town.
All in all - lovely place

• Stayed: August 2012