“Great service”

Ranked #121 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Great service”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I spent two day in grand mega resort & spa bali, I really enjoy with it. The staff very helpful, especially Ms Cindra from front office. At the first time came here, we had problem with booking. This trip was our honeymoon and I sent request to hotel, but when I came to hotel, they gave us twin room. However, Ms Cindra was very nice, she tried to change the room for us while at this moment the hotel finished all double room. Finally, we got the good room with nice view face to pool. Moreover, they gave us some special gift. My wife felt happy and we really enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We got upgraded to a junior suite which was a massive room

The buffet breakfast was well worth the money. I think we paid $6 extra and there was plenty of food to go around

The hotel is not in central kuta but is across from a big shopping mall which is good for us. Shopping under air cond in the heat is great :)

Overall I was happy with what we paid for :)

• Stayed October 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali was a very nice hotel to stay at it is a short taxi ride into Kuta, the staff here are very nice and well mannered. Nice pool and good room service, pool bar staff are very nice people and quick with the drinks ;)
Reception staff are also well mannered and understanding, the buffet breakfast was very good and nice variety.

Only downfall was you have nowhere to connect a DVD player if you want to watch movies...but why watch DVDs when your on holidays. :P

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank John L
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It is our transit hotel on the first day and last day of our trip. We checked in to a deluxe room, then the deluxe pool view suite. The hotel is only within short drive from the airport and it is an ideal transit hotel for a good rest before making another journey.
Our 1st impression of the hotel was great. Staffs are well-groomed and attentive. However, the interior design of the hotel does look somehow dodgy. Purple as the theme color, too many mirrors in the room, dim hallway with cushioned wall. Pardon me but friend and I both agree that it resembles night clubs or upscale sex club. It's true, as mentioned in other reviews, that the bathroom designs aren't practical. We found the bathroom of the suite room too small!! Why??
This hotel is definitely not recommended for extended stay. Dining and shopping is limited in the area, and it's about 15 minutes drive away from Central Kuta/Legian.
Breakfast buffet is good with great varieties. We had room service on our last night and food was beautiful. We had a good packed breakfast on the next morning too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week and I didn't want to leave! It was my girlfriends first time in bali and my fourth time, we enjoyed the breakfast- so many things to choose from,quality food and drinks including omelettes and pancakes made to order and different fruit juices and refills of tea served to your table when your cups empty, best breakfast quality and selection I've had in bali so far. The pool bar is quality, we recommend watermelon and fresh fruit cocktails, they are quite creative with their drinks and you can request something that's not on the menu. Room service calls for food at 2 in the morning and they still come to the door with a smile. There is a gym uptop. Friday night they have entertainment for their BBQ Friday Night. The service is a factor that stood out, we felt sad leaving this hotel as we felt we made a family!! (Girlfriend)
There is a transport person at the front of the hotel that was recommended to us by another hotel patron, his wife does Dermabrasions...highly recommend this as his wife is a health professional and is excellent, number to get in contact with them is 081 2395 3317. His name is Nyoman Karja but his wife does the dermabrasion. $30 all up, including to take u there and back (5 mins from hotel).i strongly suggest you call its worth it!

We were delighted to be greeted by all of the happy, friendly staff always!
Grand mega hotel has a brand new 'freshness' with the best service, great food and a great vibe. Not sure what is wrong with people if they don't think this is a quality hotel (whingers) because it is and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank ChrisnKayla
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is our second visit to Bali and we stayed at this great hotel, it's new, clean and pretty as shown in the pictures. You can tell some corners were cut with the fittings but that didn't bother us too much. The bathroom basin doesn't have any shelving it's inconvenient for ladies and the room is quite small too (we stayed in a Deluxe Pool View room). But other than that the breakfast was great, we had heaps of fun in the pool bar and there's a shopping centre across the road which is a real bonus! For the money we paid I think it was well worth it, definitely recommend to friends and family.

Pros- Great breakfast, great pool bar, 5 star service, new, clean, reasonable price for a hotel spa, opposite to a shopping centre and next to a convenient store. Taxi cost about 30,000 (about AUD$3.00) to the Kuta beach/discovery mall and 50,000-60,000 to the airport.

Cons- Room too small (we stayed in a Deluxe Pool View room) and bathroom basin doesn't have any shelving, need taxi for central Kuta

Make sure you get yourself a Grand Mega Special too! It will be worth it. Don't get the crispy duck tho it's super dry and not that tasty compared with the rest of menu.

Room Tip: We got a pool view room and were quite happy with it but if you don't like noise maybe choose ot...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amanda H
Ketut Budi S, Director of Sales at Grand Mega Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Our Value Guest,

Thank you for share your experience during stay at Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali .
We are very happy that you mention our facilities and very useful such Pool, Room detail, our breakfast and others facilities to make you are enjoy during your holiday. We always put on top priority and keep the best of our product and service to our entire guest.
We do hope to be able to serve you again in the near future. Thank you and see you again at Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali

Regards,

I Ketut Budi Setiawan
Director of Sales & Marketing
Perth
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked hotel for one night as I was in transit from Lembongan for a 6.20 am flight. The staff were extremely friendly and I was delighted to be upgraded to a beautiful grand deluxe room. I only wish that I was staying longer. The food was beautiful and the swimming pool was lovely. I would definitely recommend it for a stay. It's directly across the road from a big shopping centre and I did my last minute shopping there. I would definitely book in there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Our Value Guest,

Thank you for share you past experience during stay at Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali .
We are very happy that you mention our facilities and very useful such gym, our food & breakfast and others facilities to make you are enjoy during your holiday.

Regards,