“excellent for the price”
Review of La Walon Hotel

La Walon Hotel
Ranked #129 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed August 30, 2010

we looked at this property 18 months ago and was impressed with the new section, decided to stay there in june this year, I've read all the comments so was abit worried about staying there with 2 couples who have never been to bali before. All of us thoughly loved the hotel and the staff, couldn't do enough for you, breakfast wasn't that great but there are plenty of other places to go when you get sick of eating there. Some of us are going back to stay in march 2011. Great location,good for the price you pay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank threecows

Reviewed August 12, 2010

Arrived on the 1st August staying for 10 nights with my sister and her friend. We each had separate rooms in the old section. By day 3 I was bitten all over my shoulders had just put it down to mossies. Each morning I would wake up and more bites would have appeared. Went to a local doctor and was told me they were bed bug bites. Found out I was not the only one with bed bugs 2 other people had them. As I only had 2 days left of my trip asked if I could changes rooms to the new section but was full they would only change the mattress. Spoke to management and got 10% of my bill back. Now that I am back in Australia have just found out that my sister and her friend have now both got Bed Bugs. DO NOT stay at La Walon

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank kirstin100
Reviewed June 8, 2010

La walon is okay for a couple of nights if you can't find anywhere else to stay. Insist on the rooms in the new section as the old is squalor by comparison. We tipped the bell boys and didn't experience any of the problems with theft from the rooms. Keep all your receipts and take care with the staff at reception

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank carvedouttawood
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed at La Walon Hotel as we were flying out of Bali in a few days. The rooms in the new wing were spacious, included a fridge and a large bathroom. There is a restaurant at the hotel which had a variety of local fare. The pool was a small piece of paradise just off Poppies Lane. La Walon's location is a few minutes walk to shopping, beaches and bars/restaurants. You can arrange at the front desk to hire a driver to take you to other sites, like larger shopping malls or the airport. We would stay at this hotel again because of its location and value for your travel dollar.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I had a quick trip to Bali for 5 nights to catch up with family who were staying at more up market hotels along the beach at Kuta. I flew into Bali and caught a taxi to Bemo corner, and then wandered along Poppies 1 looking for some cheap yet comfortable accommodation. I stopped in at Fat Yogi's, but all rooms were full. They have a nice looking place - pool etc. Next stop was La Walon, I checked out a room on level 2 located at the back of the complex. It had a king size bed, tv, quiet and cold air con and a large bathroom. I paid 300,000rp per night. The room was extremely quiet and if anything the aircon too cold. I would turn it off at night.
Breakfast was included but it was pretty poor, I had it just the once and preferred to eat across the road at Bali Agung or one of the many warungs down the Gang connecting Poppies 1 and 2.
All in all I reckon that it is a great place for a solo or couple looking for budget accommodation. Central to everything. I would just try and get a back room given that it would be pretty noisy closer to the street.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank garybush
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nts and found the staff very friendly and helpful.
The rooms that I would recomend would be the deluxe rooms (the new part of the hotel).The rooms are at the front part of the hotel but are nice and quiet.They are spacious but basic.The bathroom is a good size and is modern.Nice Comfortable pillows and king size bed.All the new rooms have balconies with sliding doors.The breakfast,which is included,is a choice from their set menu.It's ample but if your really hungry you can order more from the main menu,bacon, sausages, more eggs etc. There are so many places near to eat and drink for lunch or dinner.
The pool could be bigger but is clean and the surrounding gardens are just immaculate.We paid rp 480,000 around au$56 per nte Thats with airport transferrs.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This was our second trip to bali and would never stay at this hotel again.

The rooms were average but our bathroom wall didnt reach the top of the roof so constant bugs were flying in and me and my partner were constantly bitten.

It advertised a pool bar but it was never attended and the room service was slow and my friend even had to carry her own bags down. we had to argue with them to get our lifts to the airport as we were told would happen for us at booking.

love bali but not this hotel

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends