“la walon”

Ranked #138 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 19, 2011

in the heart of Kuta about half way down poppies lane 5 minute to beach walk
friendly and helpful staff
i paid about $ 50 a night for spacious clean room(includes breakfast for 2)
room boys very helpful and no request is too much trouble
swimming pool clean at all times
restaurant nice breakfast was fruit, eggs and bacon or ham ,toast, tea or coffee and juice
hired driver (air conditioned van ) for $40 for whole day, driver attached to hotel
great location can walk most places
found lovely beach about 10 minutes away by taxi called double 6 beach
great hotel ,great holiday .

Room Tip: all rooms seemed ok, had a cheaper room about $40 only real difference was my room had glass showe...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank kenny52

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I have stayed at La Walon a couple of times now and both times they have messed me around with my room which apparently they do with most people on arrival. I booked months in advance directly to the manager of the hotel and even printed out the emails as proof in what I requested which was stated really clearly to be in the new section in a Delux Room. I was changed the next day but I was NOT happy.
Even though they mess around with the room requests, I would stay here again because the location is great, it is good value for money, the staff are very friendly and your room gets cleaned daily.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank figjam11
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I spent three nights in this pleasant hotel with my wife and eight year old son in July, 2011. Our room was nice and light and spacious, our bed was comfortable, the bathroom, although small, was fine. The air-conditioning worked well and we did not lack hot water at all. I got the impression after looking at the older wing from outside that we would not have been as happy with our room if we hadn't stayed in the hotel's new wing. I might be worng, though. The staff were pleasant. The small swimming pool was nice, although not spectacular. The breakfast, which was included in the price we paid for the room, filled the hole. We had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant one night and we would never repeat the experience. In a word: rubbish. The hotel is in busy, hectic, but very narrow Poppies Lane 1. I found walking to the beach from the hotel and back to the hotel from the beach to be an upleasant experience. One has to keep moving out of the way to allow motorscooters past. As soon as one of these extremely irritating and potentially dangerous things passes you, along comes another and so on and so on. And it's quite a long walk to the beach. Having said that, some love the business of Poppies Lane, my wife being one such person. My son didn't complain either. On the whole, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would probably stay again despite the hastle, some would say exitement, of staying in busy Poppies Lane 1.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank goodwoodDhahran
Reviewed August 27, 2011

It was our first time to Bali and booked via email. I was with three friends and we all had the best time, the breakfast was amazing and the staff all knew our names by the first day, will always book a few nights here when traveling to Kuta

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The bed sheets are dirty. Suspected there's bed bugs bit my friend's body. We never had such bad experience in other hotels. Very disappointed. The wound still not yet fully recovered after a week. We won't come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle l
Reviewed August 21, 2011

As our normal hotel that we stay was booked out. We booked direct with the hotel and received a great deal for three rooms including one that had an extra bed. The rooms have been recently renovated and were cleaned well everyday. Staff friendly and the complimentary breaky was cooked fresh on request. Everything that was promised via internet booking was delivered. Great value for money. If your not a Hotel Hobbit and want central and clean. This is the one for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank AdamRae
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I wouldn't choose to stay anywhere in else but the La Walon in Kuta. It has now become a favorite for my family & close friends! Everyone we recommend loves it!! Staff are super friendly, always willing to help! They even helped my friend saw off her busted suitcase handle on our last day. Breakfast is great, all you really need in such hot weather. Rooms are cleaned daily & I've never had an issue of any unclean rooms or amenities.

All in all, the best (and cheapest) hotel in Kuta