“Check out the kitchen”
Review of Fat Yogi Cottages

Fat Yogi Cottages
Ranked #147 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Before you part with any cash please take a quick look in the kitchen, and then decide. If you don't want the dreaded Bali belly then turn around go across the square and book into The Secret Garden, yuk. One member of staff also stole our 100,000 rupiah for a car to the airport, eventually we did get it back. We tried to save a few dollars but you get what you pay for. On arrival the staff just sat and watched as we hauled heavy cases and bags up the stairs to our rooms, and they have to have the most uncomfortable sun loungers in Kuta.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Peter F

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was the second time I've stayed at Fat Yogi's. This time around, I got the standard room instead of the deluxe. It wasn't nearly as nice as I remember. It seemed a little more rundown and could've used a good scrub. The pool is great though. The location makes everything easily accessible.
I was with a friend who became sick. She asked for the nearest doctor and one of the staff happened to be a nurse and took care of her. However, after a few hours, when her fever wouldn't come down, one of the staff took her to the doctor. He even went into the apotek and got her prescription so it wouldn't cost as much.
So while I didn't like the room as much this time, I would still stay there again. It's nice knowing that the staff is so helpful. I feel like they truly went out of their way to help my friend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kitovu
Reviewed October 20, 2013

For bagpacktravellers quiet cheap hotel. Very good location near beach and center of Kuta.
Rooms and swimmingpool are okay. A lot of good restaurants and bars outside.
Breakfast is very, very simple. Coffee, 2 toast, 1 egg, butter, jam + papaya. But for me okay.

Room Tip: Ask for new renovate rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank claudia w
Reviewed October 18, 2013

When we arrived we had already stayed a few weeks before and we decided to use fat yogi cottages as our holiday base in kuta as it was central and had many restaurants close by. Our first stay was average the breakfast was tiny and the rooms were OK. But the second time we got shoved upstairs, I was on my own and got put in a twin room, my bed had Brown stuff on the sheets and I was afraid to touch anything in the bathroom. There was staff Sat doing nothing watching us carry 6 suitcases in total up two flights of stairs. It was just filthy. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!! The one good thing about it though was the pool, it was clean and refreshing unlike the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: If anything choose ground floor or none at all
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Daisy L
Reviewed October 2, 2013

after experiencing many different places to stay in the month we were in the area, (generally on the budget end) we found this place to far surpass the rest. for what you are getting here it is well worth the extra $10-$15 a night more than at other budget accommodations.
we paid approx 300 000rph for poolside room, good working and controllable aircon, cable tv great for sports, clean well made bed , refrigerator, bath tube and shower (no plug tho) and the overall standard of the room seemed newish and not breaking away like a lot of place here, it also looked to be well cleaned, room and bathroom.
location right in the heart of it all but never ha an issue with noise at night.
the poolside setting is great very modern and relaxing.
definitely rate this place.

Room Tip: try to get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H2oriver
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been a backpacker for most of my traveling life so I found the standard room OK.
It had clean linen, fridge, TV, air con and good WiFi. Stayed for 8 days and paid 240K for single person in a standard ground level room. Mine was facing away from the Havana Club so the noise was not a factor at night. The Havana Club provided good meals but expensive compared to the Bamboo Corner resturant which is just down the road. What I found annoying was the constant playing of the Cuban type music all day in the Havana Club when having a meal. It would be better suited to night time as 99% of patrons would not understand what they are singing about. Excellent pizza though. Good friendly staff at Fat Yogi who sometimes take on the role of driver to and from the airport. Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: One that does not face the Havana Club if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John N
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

They three types of rooms, standard, superior and deluxe each go up in price.
My review is of standard double; we paid 260000 for two people (low season rate), the room had a lovely new bathroom, a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the pool area. Inside the room there was a fridge and a decent tv with plenty of English channels, the beds and decor were dated but very clean! There is a good choice of breakfast (inc) and a really nice pool to chill out in. Good location close to the beach and in the middle of the restaurant and shopping area. It can be a little noisy at night but we didn't find it a problem as it's a good location to be.

• Stayed: September 2013