Bali Summer Hotel
Masa Inn(Kuta)
Ida Hotel(Kuta)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsjalan pantaihigh wallsmini fridgestar accommodationbudget staymin walk to the beachan upgradeegg stationswimming pool ischeap hotelfresh fruitstaff were amazingstayed for nightsmaxicnnsoapswake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed on the 19th July before going to Nusa Dua. Was put on the second floor, room had wires hanging out of the power sockets, only local channels, bathroom very old and NO hot water.
Decided to give them another chance and stayed on the 27th July, this time we were put on the third floor room no better bathroom old and smelly and still NO hot water.
No lifts have to carry your bags up and down stairs. the stair case we had to use had a very wonky hand rail and was un safe to use.
Staff didn't care if you complained about the hot water or the quality of room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sukendro, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at Bali Summer Hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate for your loyalty.

Sukendro
General Manager of Bali Summer Hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The presentation of the hotel on the outside is lovely, the rooms don't quite match up to what you would expect. We wanted a double room, came in for a twin room and all he did was push the beds together, plus too the bedcovers had a large stain on it. The second night we were there the hose thinggy in the bathroom was leaking. Great location, not bad if you just want somewhere to sleep for the night, I probably wouldn't reccomend it for longer than a couple of nights though.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel O
Sukendro, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We traveled with our 2 year old daughter and our parents to Bali for the first time. We booked this hotel through Booking,com and when we reached there at night, we were given 2 rooms (despite having indicated that I need one double bed room) to accommodate my kid, they gave us 2 twin rooms. The hotel from the outset of it looks quite presentable but when we walked up the stairs to get to the 3rd floor where our room was allocated, and there us no lift in this hotel, I was pretty shocked to see the room as it was quite small and cramped but to make it worse, the bathroom was not so clean and the bathtub had some stains on it. I immediately got down to the reception desk and told them that I need a double bed room as I have requested earlier to accommodate my baby but they said that all the double rooms are full except for the ones at the ground floor to which we will have to pay more. After much persuasion, the staff allowed us to stay in the double room without any extra charges. However, the bathroom in this room is not clean at all with the tub having stains in it and worst still there is no hot water in the room. When inquired, the staff said that the hotel is having some solar hub problem which the owner has not changed the hub yet and therefore the hot water is not really working. I had to bathe my poor baby in the lukewarm water and in a dirty bathroom :( To make all these even worse, the room was full of mosquitoes that made it a nuisance for us to sleep. My daughter woke up in the morning with full of mosquitoes bites all over her body. The room next to us was very noisy at the middle of the night and in the early morning itself that made me not able to sleep at all. When I informed the reception about it in the morning the next day, they did not even acknowledge it. They were very ignorant. As for my parents who had to stay in the room upstairs, it was even worst where there was no hot water at all and the water flow in the bathroom was very very slow that it was almost just drippings of water. Their room aircon did not work in the middle of the night that they had to ask for a room change at that hour. Overall this hotel is a TOTAL NO NO for me. Total disappointment

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We found this place online and thought to check it out. At the reception we were quoted a higher price than shown online so we bargain (quite hard) and promised 3 nights stay.
Good points:
Good location 5 mins walk to Kuta beach
Nice leafy courtyard
Bad points:
A bit tired looking rooms, bed sheets were so off white boarder lining grey.
Cupboard doors were broken
Smells coming out from toilet
Tap for shower is broken and hard to turn on
Fridge was not working, we spoke to the reception but nothing was done. Since we didn't need it we didn't bother to follow up.
One day when we were sitting on the balcony the housekeeping staff saw us and walked away instead of offering to clean. We managed to get fresh towels though.
Breakfast was ok, bubur ayam was good but lack seasoning.

All in all we got what we paid for I guess.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TheTravellingStomach

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was recommended by my driver in Bali to stay at this hotel, this is kind of old hotel, the price is okay, but do not have enough option of TV channel, the shower flow is very slow especially the cool water and the others guest is very noisy. the best of this hotel is they locations, because is close to the beach and practically in the middle of buzzing Kuta, which means easy access to almost everywhere near Kuta, NT but this is not a privileges of this hotel, they are many other
What disappoints me most is during breakfast, where I ordered an american breakfast, it did not come with any meat, which clearly has been stated in the menu that all the eggs come with either beacon, ham or sausages, and worst when I told one of the female servant, she trying to fool me by saying that the meat only come with the omelettes, as if I could read English. And I'm wondering if she ever done that to white people? or she said that just because I'm a local tourist? and when I asked them to speak with the manager, they seems to hide the manager from me, for the next 2 days? weird . . .

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floors might have less noise from the outside and of course above ;)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank savasati
John L, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi Sava,

Very sorry you did not have a better time at the Bali Summer.

Our customers are usually pretty quiet people. In future, can always ask front desk to move you into a different room if there is a problem like this.

TV Channels.. We are working on this. We are trying to get FoxTail, and more stations.
I do not have a ETA on that yet, but it is under review, and I will show the board your complaint which may help push the resolution to this problem sooner..

Water Issue.. I will ask the board to make it a priority to fix this issue, however, most of the rooms are okay right now, but again, you can always ask to be moved to another room,
but none the less, will try to push them to fix the rest of the rooms a.s.a.p.

American Breakfast does have meat. If there is anyway you can email me the room you stayed
at, and the name of the person who told you that it did not in the restaurant, would be helpful,
we have had some school interns training there the past couple of weeks, we will get to the bottom of that. Please email TirthaHotels at Gmail com

If anyone ever has a complaint while here, ask for KENDRO at the front desk.
He is the VP of Tirtha who also Managers the Bali Summer.
He is a great guy, and will take care of you any way he can.

Thank you for your complaint, we will try to fix these problems a.s.a.p.
Please give us another try, will discount you, and make sure things will be better next time.

Thanks, John Lerner (CTO) Tirtha Hotels.