“Comfortable, clean hotel in a great location. Would recommend to families with older children.”

Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Ranked #43 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Frequent travellers to Bali will know that hotels here are often a little rough around the edges and broken fixtures, plumbing problems, etc, are not uncommon. However, if you can't afford a luxury resort and don't expect perfection, this is a very solid choice for couples or families with older children. We travelled with our twelve and fourteen year olds and were really pleased to be within easy walking distance of Waterbom Park, the Art Market, department stores and restaurants as we probably saved ourselves quite a bit in the way of taxi fares. Also, even though the front of the Kuta Paradiso is on a busy road, the rooms face the back - we found our rooms to be very quiet and had a good night's sleep every night. Our adjoining rooms were very comfortable and well air conditioned and, barring the aforementioned rough-around-the-edgedness, were acceptably clean and well equipped. Breakfast was included in our room rate and since there was a large international menu to choose from each day, we never felt the desire to eat elsewhere. The multi-level pool is just beautiful and, since it's divided into small secluded sections amid a tropical garden setting, it has quite a romantic feel. Don't count on your 'deluxe pool view' room actually having a view of the pool though - there are too many palm trees around for that! Also, the kids' pool was being renovated during our stay and looks like it will be out of action for some time. Older children are able to make use of the volley ball net and basketball hoop in the main pool. We found the staff to be friendly, helpful and prompt to fix a minor plumbing problem we experienced. The best points? Comfortable rooms, the beautiful pool and a great location. Worst points? Less than terrific water pressure in the shower and, like many hotels in Bali, a bit of refurbishment is in order. All in all? If you don't sweat the small stuff and want a great location, the Kuta Paradiso is is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank seaqueen17
Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with colleagues for a meeting. Located at the heart of recreation spot -Kuta- in Bali, this hotel is very ideal for both recreation and business. It has a free shape pool with children playgroud near this pool. Next to this hotel is traditional market. You can find anything you need not far from this hotel, like drug store, restaurants, mini mart, mall, beauty salon, even a famous Waterbom (water recreation centre). The famous Kuta beach is behind this hotel. Breakfast is vary, from traditional, oriental, and western.
The only negative thing I've noted is a relatively slow front desk upon check in.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Me and my family stayed in this hotel in August and enjoyed it very much! At first I was very skeptical because of some of the bad reviews it had recieved but I'm glad I chose the hotel cause it was amazing!!

The service was friendly and we only had to wait a little while for our rooms to be ready. The rooms were in good condition and the air conditioners were really cool. It was a really comfortable room with a HUGE bed!! The hotel grounds were so nice as well. The pool was different and there were games you could play so it wasn't boring at all!

The best thing about the hotel would have had to be the amazing breakfast! There was so much food to choose from, traditional Indonesian dishes, to fruit, to cereal, to pastries and the list goes on forever - they even had an egg station which was cool. The people in the restaurant were really friendly as well!

Me and my family are looking to go back next year and will definitely be staying in this same hotel, I can't wait!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

My partner and myself stayed at the Kuta Paradiso Hotel in a deluxe pool view room for one week. Our experience was great! The staff were amazing, the bathroom was very clean...however the room does need some work done to it; rusted lock on the sliding door, a few coats of paint and the water pressure wasnt too flash.
My partner just thinks that Im complaining but I say its a 4 star hotel so the room should have been a bit newer. But we did enjoy your stay. We would suggest people to stay if you dont mind it being a bit un-updated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Ok hotel. Expensive.
Good points: attentive staff. clean. OK breakfast. good bed. good pool
Bad points - price quoted in $US but billed in Indonesian Ruphiah AT THE HOTELS notion of the current Exchange rate - effectivley adds 10% to price.
Internet costs 200K ruphiah a day or 100K an hour. It was the most expensive internet access I have encountered in the world. note -free WIfi nodes at coffee bar over the road
Hotel almost on the beach but you have to walk through alleys full of touts and stall holders seeking your business to get to beach. Electric kettle didnt work.
Would look at other properties in the future If I return to Bali

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Unfortunately our stay here was extremely disappointing. Our plane from Lombok to Bali was delayed so we didn't get to check-in till about 10.30pm, but that could not be helped. Upon checking in, we were informed at reception that they no longer had any Deluxe Pool View Rooms (which had been booked and prepaid), so they put us in a substandard room that never should have been given to guests. Firstly the room we were put in over looked a carport facing the very busy noisy main road in Kuta. The only 2 power points in the room did not work, so I was unable to charge my phone or make a cup of tea, the air conditioner leaked water all over the floor and by the morning my clothes in the suitcase were wet, the shower did not drain properly and flooded the bathroom floor, the TV Control did not work, and the instructions to operate the safe were incorrect, stating to use a 4 digit number when infact upon maintenance coming to fix the problem informed me it required a 6 digit number. I had service people in my room trying to fix everything until 1.30am. It was absolutely rediculous. I spoke to the Duty Manager who informed me tomorrow we could be put into the Deluxe Pool View Room that we had paid for....but not until after 12pm. As we were only staying there 2 nights, I must say this has been the worst experience I have ever had. The overall surroundings of the hotel are beautiful, but I am not impressed that they have obviously overbooked their rooms. I do not recommend this accommodation and will never stay there again, however, it is in a good location.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Be warned the 2pm check in time is Bali time. Our elderly parents (and us) had to wait 1-2 hours for our rooms to be ready, even though we arrived after 2pm. Staff were friendly and helpful,rooms were good but getting old. 3 out of our 4 rooms had their toilets block several times. pool is nice although expensive drinks/food around pool. we booked at the last moment so ended up with rooms above the food hall out the front (327-330). Very loud and distorted music until 11-12pm every night, which did not worry me but it ruined the trip for others in the group. The location of this hotel is its strong point. Close to Matahari, markets,beach, water bom park and Discovery plaza, and walking distance to main drags of Kuta. I think a room at the rear of the complex would solve the noise problem and make this a nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family