“Excellent Service”

Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Ranked #44 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We stayed 7 nights in this hotel and were very apprehensive after reading previous reviews on this hotel but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, found the staff very obliging and helpful. The breakfasts were enjoyable and bacon was available just by asking the waiter for some, our only problem at breakfast was the number of people smoking and disregarding the non-smoking areas. The pool water temperature was just right and we found it to be very quiet and peaceful around the pool area. Location wise the hotel was just a short walk from Kuta Square and nice restaurants all around especially the one owned by the hotel situated on the street where one could sit and watch the world go by. We even had an invition to a 'high tea' at the hotel from the Management and Staff. All in all this was a great holiday. Only down side was a dose of 'bali belly', we had eaten at the Indonesian restaurant near Kuta Square the night before. Just be sure you take your immodium tablets with you. We have been to Bali a dozen times now and this is the first time we have both been down with this complaint.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tukawile

Reviewed May 21, 2009

I went with my brother and we shared a room , we had 3 different rooms before we were given what we were meant to have. Overall we had a great time and found staff very good to us , especially security out front. I don't think it would be 4.5 or 5 star as it was a bit run down or in need of a revamp but it was ok.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed at the kuta paradiso in January 2009. I have been to Bali 17 times before and Wanted to stay at the dynasty again (fantastic Hotel) but it was booked out so decided to pay extra to stay at a 5 star hotel that had a Supervised kids club. There were rats in our room each night. The aircon didnt work properly, the toilet stunk, breakfast was poor, fridge didnt work properly,Patio filled with water the filled the bathroom floor. A few nights into our holiday we were in bed asleep and woke to a loud explosion,the shower screen had broken so reported it asap 4.30am to be told that we must have broken it,and said any breakage in the room must be paid for by the guest. We have photos showing that the shower screen was held in with a paper clip. Had to stay in the room for the day before they would move us rooms then we had 7 meetings with managers (wasting our holiday time) They wanted $1000 AUD. After arguing it come down three times to $130AUD then the last day tried to bill me the original price after complaining they gave me a bill for less and less. They left a note under our door to pay the $130 AUD or they would get the police. Had to pay but will never stay there again. Also the reason we stayed was for the kids club which is not supervised,when you complain they send a worker over there. But they have to work at the spa and pool so when we came back the kids were wandering around the hotel grounds. Other families all had the same complaints. Then we all had to go and hire sitters from outside the hotel. Staff are not friendly like other bali hotels. Our second room was full of mosquitos (other guests had moved out of it because the mosquitos were so bad) Two days after being home i had to take my husband to the hospital he had dengue fever (not the Australian strain). The power points didnt work in the room. Lights would go on and off by themselves. Our first room had no hot water. I have stayed in better 3 star hotels.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank poss13
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I have just returned from Bali with my 3 sons. I have been to Bali 3 times, my 2 older sons have been there about 5 times and the youngest (20y/o) was his first trip.
We moved rooms 4 times because either the aircon was hopeless or the toilets kept blocking.
We had two rooms and were eventually moved to two suites which were ok however, there was one king bed and a single per suite which was better than the previous 2 singles, eventhough we paid extra to have 2 doubles per room.

If this was a four and a half star hotel then the rating system has obviously failed, and failed miserably.

The hotel is old and in dire need of a facelift and much maintenance.
The owner is obviously more interested in his car collection than running a hotel.

I would not return there even for free. What a bitter dissapointment.

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank zacman098
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We booked a holiday package for our first trip to Bali which included a 4D/3N stay at Kuta Paradiso. The location was good - 10-mins walk to Kuta town & close to Discovery Mall. No complaints about our room, although the fresh fruit provided upon arrival was not fresh at all. The breakfast was not what one would expect from a 5-star hotel - not tasty & lacked variety.
On the 2nd night, while rinsing the drinking glass, it slipped from my hand and hit the side of the basin, hence developing a crack on one side. The next day, we reported this to the front office and we were told to pay Rp80,000 for one miserable drinking glass! It was no different from any other plain drinking glass. When my husband asked for a price reduction, the front office staff reluctantly called the Manager to relay the message. The price was later reduced to Rp50,000. To add insult to injury, they sent another staff to our room asking for the broken glass as "proof". What proof did they need, anyway? We'd already paid for it, therefore we could bring it home with us if we wanted to (as proof that we'd been ripped off by Kuta Paradiso hotel).
My advice to all guests staying there in future - if you ever break a glass, go out to Kuta town and replace it with a similar one.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oursenpeluche
Reviewed March 28, 2009

This was trip number 4 to Bali for me in the past few years and got the Kuta Paradiso in a package deal. Hotel is advertised as 4.5 - 5 stars, but I feel it was more of a budget hotel. We had a pool view room requested and told at check in they would have one for us and to come back 3hours later, which we did, got to our room and it was a street facing room, very, very noisy at night and early in the morning, rooms were not as clean as other hotels, with some cigarette butts on the floor in the room, old, tired and in need of a revamp.
Front desk staff would not upgrade when the hotel was clearly not full despite one of the duty managers telling us to request a change of room due to the noise. Day spa was in US prices and cheaper at better hotels and resorts.
No beach access and the pool was old and a bit run down, no swim up bar, just a strange layout with different sections to the pool, and not enough sunlounges, though some other travellers took it upon themselves to take 4 sunlounges between 2 people each on Neyepi day (hotel lock down day in Bali) whilst other hotel guests were left unable to sit anywhere!
There was no internet access in the rooms unless you have a pool view room, which is approx US$10 per hour!
I would not stay here again, much prefer Dynasty, Kartika, Bali Garden for great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank bextar81
Reviewed March 9, 2009

My best friend and I had a 'girls week' in Bali and decided to stay at Kuta Paradiso. We had a free upgrade to a 'Pool view deluxe room' and it did not disappoint. Although the room was probably not 5 star standard ( a little renovating needed) it was still very comfortable and cool. There was not always hot water but to be honest, the weather was so hot I wanted cooler showers anyway! Our rooms were always spotlessly cleaned every day, we were very impressed. Room service (even at 3am) was delivered fairly quickly and the hotel staff were always very friendly. The Japanese restaurant there (Fukutaro) was very disappointing, it really put us off Sashimi the rest of the trip! There is a MUCH better Japanese restaurant across the road, called Blue Fin. We did not make use of the massage salon as there was a massage salon less than 2 minutes walk away (Melasti Spa) that charged less than half the price the hotel one did, so we took the cheaper option! The pool was beautiful and never crowded. I think we timed the vacation well, as it was not too busy at all, however the weekend we left, the hotel started filling up (2 busloads would pull up at a time!)
Complimentary breakfast was awesome, a huge variety of food, from croissants, toast (with vegemite!) fresh cooked eggs (to your liking) traditional rice/noodles, waffles, cereal, hash browns, fresh fruit.. the list goes on!

The security staff out the front are very helpful.. I accidently left my camera in the back of a taxi and the security staff actually write down the cab numbers, so they were able to track it down and get the camera back for me ( I tipped them!) They were more excited to know my camera was worth over 7 million rupiah lol.. I didn't tell them that until I got it back though!

It really was a good location, so close to everything in Kuta.. I wasn't worried about it being a 10 minute walk to the beach.. we didn't like the beach anyway! Too many vendors trying to sell you everything, we only went there once. The discovery mall is only 5 minutes walk away, it's right next to an internet cafe (although it's SLOW connection, it's 6000 rupiah for 30 minutes.. less than $1) But be warned - when vendors ask what hotel you are staying at, and you say Kuta Paradiso, they assume you're very well off and will try and charge higher prices.

As long as we can get a good price on the hotel room again, I am sure my friend and I would stay at the Kuta Paradiso next time we visit Bali.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends